Khamzat is going from fighting bums to fighting title contenders

I'm tempted to put some money on Edwards, though I bet Khamzat has sparred with better people than he has fought and done well. But still, it feels a bit like O'malley vs Vera type of situation.

Why are so many around here hung up on the ”he hasn’t fought anybody on Leon’s level”?
Pretty much every champion goes through opponents of a higher level than they’ve ever experienced before, on their way to the title.
The best fighters never have issues with this. Journeymen do. Fighter X does not become a better fighter simply by beating the #11 contender three months before fighting #4, for example.

Somehow guys around here seem to already make the case that Khamzat’s future title contention is unjustified, even if he’d beat Leon at #3.

I don’t get why ”fans” hate on (according to me) one of the most interesting prospects in many, many years. He’s brutal and he wants to fight all the time.

War Chimaev.

He's looked great fighting bums, but this might be the biggest jump up in competition i've ever seen.

That being said, if he wins, look out...

UFC has a bad habit of doing this lately....

Till
Hardy
Walker

These guys all got thrusted to helm way to fast and paid the price...im guessing khamzat will face the same fate at the hands or should i say elbows of leon...

The guy doesnt even have 10 pro fights...and hes going against one the top guys ...a guy who won a round against the current champ whose been shutting people out and down on the scorecards for years now...

Too.much too soon..hamzat will not be the same after this fight

It's a huge jump up in competition, obviously. But he deserved at least a ranked opponent. The thing is, with a dangerous, rounded fighter like Khamzat, who seems to have Khabib-level grappling and KO power even at MW, no ranked WW wants to take that fight.

I've got a lot of respect for Leon Edwards for taking this fight. It's high risk, low reward. And if he loses, he's getting knocked back in title contention rankings and will need to claw his way back to the top.

I'll feel bad watching Khamzat destroy him, honestly. But I'll also enjoy it, because Khamzat is an exciting fighter

Till
Hardy
Walker

These guys all got thrusted to helm way to fast and paid the price...im guessing khamzat will face the same fate at the hands or should i say elbows of leon...

The guy doesnt even have 10 pro fights...and hes going against one the top guys ...a guy who won a round against the current champ whose been shutting people out and down on the scorecards for years now...

Weidman was something like 9-0 when he fought Silva the first time. Silva had more title defenses than Weidman had fights.

Sometimes fighters reach a high level even without facing every contender in the division.

Even if Khamzat loses, do you really think Leon fucking Edwards is the guy that's going to break him? A loss to Edwards would be a decision loss, not a brutal KO or submission. Leon's a great fighter but a finisher he is not.

Till
Hardy
Walker

Brock Lesnar was fighting Frank Mir is his 2nd pro fight and he ended up champ with 2 defenses. Sink or swim.

UFC clearly learned nothing after rushing Shahbazyan... Chimaev should be fighting someone like Belal Muhammad (a tough out, just outside the top 15)

He got a lot of muricans TRIGGERED. That’s hate successful people from other countries. Especially if they are muslims. the guy is pretty damn good. Let him prove himself.
<DontBelieve1>

many folks not following his hype simply because their dreams have been shattered with hype jobs like Johnny walker, omally, till, zabit, and to a lesser extent, ferguson. More often than not, these hype jobs have been getting crushed with adversity....... Khamzat is getting his first taste of adversity.

pass the test, and the bandwagon will follow.

They had a makeover since his new ranking update

idKqOA8.jpg

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOO

A yellow belt? How do I get my yellow belt? How exactly do I get my yellow belt?

Just keep posting, belts are based on post count.

Keep replying to various threads.

Go to the front page of the sub-forum where you want to post a thread and there should be a big orange button at the top that says "post new thread", click it and you can create your own thread with title and all.
Where exactly do I go to the front page of the sub-forum? Where exactly is this? I don't know where this is or how exactly to get there, please tell me step by step.

Just keep posting, belts are based on post count.

Keep replying to various threads.
Post count? You mean reply count? How exactly do I bet 2k US dollars on Khamzat beating Leon Edwards? How exactly do I do this?

Post count? You mean reply count?

Posting reply's yes...

On betting pick a site supported, others will prolly need ta help ya out there. I haven't placed a monetary bet since semi-retiring.

Posting reply's yes...

On betting pick a site supported, others will prolly need ta help ya out there. I haven't placed a monetary bet since semi-retiring.
Thanks. How many replies would I have to post, to be able to make a thread?

Posting reply's yes...

How old does one have to be to bet?

Back