Khamzat is going from fighting bums to fighting title contenders

The level of competition from now on will be a whole different ballgame in his career. It’s extremely intriguing, I don’t know what to expect from this guy. He has looked amazing so far but will he be able
to clean welter? Or will he flop horrendously...Time will tell.

Ok UFC had Patrick Cote debut against a prime Tito Ortiz at a weight class above his natural one.

In the event you say well not anymore Kevin Holland debuted against a monster in Thiago Santos. He was literally fed to the lions. I can list more if you’d like these things do happen in the UFC.

"Eddie Sanchez looked good in his debut, lets put him in with Mirko Cro Cop"

That era of UFC booking was hilarious sometimes.

Ok UFC had Patrick Cote debut against a prime Tito Ortiz at a weight class above his natural one.

In the event you say well not anymore Kevin Holland debuted against a monster in Thiago Santos. He was literally fed to the lions. I can list more if you’d like these things do happen in the UFC.

Thiago was in side control punching Holland in the face and Kevin just kept talking.

Thiago was in side control punching Holland in the face and Kevin just kept talking.
It was that fight that made me a fan of Holland. Even in losing he keeps the smile on his face and great energy. Also he consistently looked to hurt Santos and didn’t back down from the opportunity on the big stage. He took the fight as a late replacement if I remember correctly....love the testicular fortitude

He's looked great fighting bums, but this might be the biggest jump up in competition i've ever seen.

That being said, if he wins, look out...

Nah, the biggest jump ever in UFC was Matt Serra. The dude wasn't even on the map. Came back for some bogus TUF bullshit. Won. Then immediately fought GSP.

They had a makeover since his new ranking update

idKqOA8.jpg

He got a lot of muricans TRIGGERED. That’s hate successful people from other countries. Especially if they are muslims. the guy is pretty damn good. Let him prove himself.
Except hardly anyone hates on him. The worst comments you'll find is he's overrated.

GM3 is legit but the way he beat him might not tell a lot about Khamzat as a fighter. Phillips and McKee are bottomest of the bottom.
Nothing shocks me in that >Edwards fight.

GM3 is legit but the way he beat him might not tell a lot about Khamzat as a fighter. Phillips and McKee are bottomest of the bottom.
Nothing shocks me in that >Edwards fight.
Have you watched his fights from before the UFC? He fought some very good UFC level competition in those.

dude Leon was literally unranked when they made this fight

they only put him in the rankings to make Khamzat look good

I like Khamzat but I hope he loses.
We all blamed the UFC for favouring Conrat over other fighters who worked hard.
Now we have Khamzat who is pushed and jumps over other fighters who deserve it more.
This is killing the sport. It would be better if Khamzat loses.

MMA need more new fresh stars. Hope he keep going up the ladder.

He's looked great fighting bums, but this might be the biggest jump up in competition i've ever seen.

It's not the biggest jump up you've ever seen, you just forget all the others because it rarely ends well for the guy who's hype takes him straight from a guy in the mid 20s to a guy in the top 10 and with the loss the same fans who pushed for that unrealistic jump turn on him after the loss and they rarely ever recover.

However a few have managed to make the transition and perform well (though not looking like the world beater they looked like against nobodies but winning a hard fought decision against a ranked opponent) but the performance usually results in the fans turning on them still anyway cause they didn't walk through a real opponent like they expected them too and again they rarely recover that big fan push.

It's a stupid move to make a jump like that but maybe he'll be the guy to pull it off, certainly seems to have the talent but, like you said, looking spectacular against nobodies is very different than putting on those same type's of performances against top guy's and it's smarter to take a few mid range steps first.

Biggest jump ?
Doesnt sleep on CM Punk, best in the world for a reason

Joe Soto fought TJ Dillashaw in his UFC debut. He was supposed to fight Anthony Birchak and Renao fell in the bathtub on the day of the weigh ins and Joe was thrown into the title fight lol!

I like Khamzat but I hope he loses.
We all blamed the UFC for favouring Conrat over other fighters who worked hard.
Now we have Khamzat who is pushed and jumps over other fighters who deserve it more.
This is killing the sport. It would be better if Khamzat loses.
THe sport would be worse off if they hadnt given Conor that push. Millions and millions and milions simply dissapear,and fighters who have beaten conor,like Nate and Khabib would not be elevated to a higher status without this extreme stake raising. Every move has its place in the development of the sport. The promotion has to listen to the fans,and capitalize on pandemonium. Thats how it survives. Its literally their job.

Yuji Nagata's first MMA fights were Cro Cop and Fedor.

He went from pro-wrestling to fighting some of the baddest men of all time.

GOAT shit.

Same with Alberto Del Rio aka Dos Caras JR. He fought cro cop in a fucking luchadore mask for Christ's sake

Back