News Kelvin Gastelum vs. Daniel Rodriguez set for UFC Saudi Arabia, June 22nd

Will Gastelum make weight?

• Total voters
D.Rod should be an easy fight for Kelvin if he just grounds him. I don't think D.Rod's ground game is all there.

OK so lets go with that... if D-Rod and Jingliang went to a reasonably close decision, and both are journeyman (Jingliang certainly has a journeyman record) the point here is they are interchangeable.
Reeeeeee! lol he was in the top 15 before D Rod robbed him.

Anyways I think JingLiang is retired or something. He got a neck injury and he hasn't fought in a while.

Its sort of sad, because it seems like Gastelum has changed his training around and is finally focusing, but he half assed his prime and has either too many injuries or something that is keeping him from getting there. If he did what he does now he'd of been unstoppable 5+ years ago.

Gastelum went neck and neck with Woodley, who went on to win and defend the WW title 4 times. Then he had to fight a weight class up against larger guys because he fired his nutritionist.
He also gave Izzy his best challenge before he (Izzy) eventually lost to Jan then others. I think that fight was even more impressive. But the Gas Man had some real stinkers and disappointments, too.

This is a very winnable fight for Gastelum.

Really have no interest seeing either on a main card. This fight is a prelim closer at best on a PPV.

Its sort of sad, because it seems like Gastelum has changed his training around and is finally focusing, but he half assed his prime and has either too many injuries or something that is keeping him from getting there. If he did what he does now he'd of been unstoppable 5+ years ago.

Kelvin is a cautionary tale in high level MMA.

He was so completely lost against Brady it was honestly the first time I felt sad for the guy. In his prime, Kelvin was a legit contender to the 170lbs belt. Competitive with the absolute best.

Those years are long gone and he's taken a ton of head trauma.

KG is loads better than D-Rod everywhere. Should be a UD that gets Gastelum back on track and moving in the right direction towards the top contenders

Kelvin is a cautionary tale in high level MMA.

He was so completely lost against Brady it was honestly the first time I felt sad for the guy. In his prime, Kelvin was a legit contender to the 170lbs belt. Competitive with the absolute best.

Those years are long gone and he's taken a ton of head trauma.
Yeah that may be it, Brady made him look like he had no wrestling even dropping down a weight. Also he doesn't have his speed advantage he used to have at MW and just didn't look like he had any edge.

At what point is Kelvin not worth his salary?

Bro is 32. Should be absolutely peaking by now.
I believe!

Back