News Kelvin Gastelum vs. Daniel Rodriguez set for UFC Saudi Arabia, June 22nd

Will Gastelum make weight?

• Total voters
Skill for skill KG should have an easy time here but who knows how he’ll show up. If he shows up looking like he did against Curtis and motivated this should be a pretty easy win.

I’m leaning KG but him laying an egg and losing to some volume wouldn’t shock me either sadly.

Gastelum went neck and neck with Woodley, who went on to win and defend the WW title 4 times. Then he had to fight a weight class up against larger guys because he fired his nutritionist.
Yes, he also knocked out Bisping after he just lost the belt. My point was, I think he could’ve had and held the belt for a few fights if he wasn’t so lazy. We’ll never know.

Rodriguez should be on a three fight losing streak, but if Gastelum shows up like he did against Brady he'll lose this one too.

I'm taking KG, don't hate Rodriguez in this spot, but can see him getting outworked in good ol' fashion

Feel bad for kelvin surely he warrants a better opponent than this.

Yes, he also knocked out Bisping after he just lost the belt. My point was, I think he could’ve had and held the belt for a few fights if he wasn’t so lazy. We’ll never know.
There’s time yet for KG

Skill for skill KG should have an easy time here but who knows how he’ll show up. If he shows up looking like he did against Curtis and motivated this should be a pretty easy win.

I’m leaning KG but him laying an egg and losing to some volume wouldn’t shock me either sadly.
He beat Curtis because he got away with a headbutt.

I hope he doesn't make weight. I have no desire to see him fight again. At least not in the UFC.

I used to get excited to watch him fight. The fight with Israel Mobolaji Temitayo Odunayo Oluwafemi Owolabi Adesanya was a classic!

Low IQ outside of the ring.

Nice, always great to watch D-Rod in action, he’s usually a pretty exciting guy. And kelvin is a great opponent and opportunity for him after the Ian Garry loss.

Feel bad for kelvin surely he warrants a better opponent than this.

Kelvin has won 2 of his last 8 fights.

He didn't belong in the ring with Brady. Completely outclassed with no idea what to do.

D Rod is about as reasonable a booking they can get him - a name brand opponent with journeyman skill level and a few recent losses. I still think this fight is a toss-up.

Not only did Kelvin waste away his prime fighting in the wrong division and taking a ton of damage, he also hasn't progressed his skills. His striking today looks like a copy/paste of him 5 years ago.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back