Rumored proposed fights for the card they offered Saudi Arabia:

That’s 8 fights. Literally ZERO chance that is/was the whole card.

That’s as stupid as people thinking 300 is only going to have 8 fights.

You can’t judge an incomplete card. That’s just common sense.
I assumed this was the mid and lower level stuff on the card and they'd have a major announcement with the bigger fights. Dana seemed to know what was expected when he announced it. He said this wasn't going to be just a normal fight night. Not sure if he had bigger things planned that didn't work out or he was just full of shit all along. Saudis were never going to just hand over $20mil for any low level card.

They obviously tried to make Islam vs Gaethje for the card, but Ali knew that he had the UFC by the balls and tried to get a payday for both of his clients. Both Gaethje and Islam knew that they have nothing to prove and no rush to fight again anyway. Which is why the UFC is trying to freeze Gaethje as a middle finger to Ali, they know they can't touch Islam.

Saudi is paying like $20 million for this. They don't want an Apex-level card. They want something like what the Emiratis get.
Tbh, the last Abu Dhabi card was shit. Full of squash fights to please the crowd.

Maybe the saudis wanted something similar, but the UFC was not able scratch that together?

Tbh, the last Abu Dhabi card was shit. Full of squash fights to please the crowd.

Maybe the saudis wanted something similar, but the UFC was not able scratch that together?
Do the Khamzat vs Usman rematch and give them Umar Nurmagomedov vs someone and it's a solid Saudi card.

I am guessing fighters are turning it down after that last cards shenanigans.

Do the Khamzat vs Usman rematch and give them Umar Nurmagomedov vs someone and it's a solid Saudi card.

I am guessing fighters are turning it down after that last cards shenanigans.
I can absolutely see it being that way. Only one who really wanted to be on the Saudi card was Costa, who wanted to fight Khamzat, but Khamzat is injured/did not accept the fight.

If you stacked a solid main event and co main event it looks like a decent card.

Back