K-1 is a f*cking joke: McMichael

TeMovieDube you seem to know andrew. did you wrestle him? whos your brother? does he still wrestle?

It's remarkable to see how often people get deceived by the outer shape of a fighter. If I learned anything in my fights then not to underestimate and to respect my opponent.
So all the respects and the best wishes to Andrew.
And this goes for all you keyboard-warriors who have never been in a fight: Who are you to pass judgement on someone who shows great heart and courage? Get yourself where Andrew was, then you may be able to comment on him intelligently. Most of you would be very humble after a fight. Well, after you finally awake from unconsciousness, that is.
Damn, I just can't stand this dumb, senseless bashing from ppl who have achieved nothing with the exception of installing an internet connection. :-/

Hey everyone.

Just got back from the cottage, great time by the way.

People wanted an account of the tryouts and the whole event so I will now attempt to do that.

I got to Vegas on the thursday and did My tryout the friday.
It was pretty nuts. There was a panel of Judges which included Macdonald, Goodridge and Greco. Antonio Inoki came out first and gave us a talking to and told us to hold nothing back and show them what we were capable of.

By this time I was so pumped with adrenaline i think i could have squatted a pick up truck. The first thing they had us do was a video interview. The judges asked us a bunch of different questions as if it was a pre fight interview and if we did well with those we went on with even more questions. This area was my strongest. I was able to work the crowd and know my audience.

The next part was movement and dexterity. They had us run and shuffle bak and forth to see how we moved and manuvered and we did different movement drills. The next area was pad work we did some kicking and knee drills. This was to jsut see were our technique was at.

Then it came time to spar.They paired us up and then had us have at er. The guy i got matched up with was around 240 lbs and 5'10-5'11. We sparred for a little bit and got to show the judges how we operated in an atual fighting situation. (If any body saw my sparring session, please give an account of how it went.)

After that they had us run sprints. I came in second place the first couple of them and then third the rest of them. So this was another area that I thought i did well.

When the end came they asked if we had anythig else to show them that would warrant our value. The one guy did a sweet flip turning jump kick. I forget his name but his nickname was the "Pizza Man". The singing was something that I thought would grab the judges attention. As I hoped my little routine did just that.

All in all i felt awesome after the whole thing. I had an awesome interview i felt confident in my sparring, my cardio was really good and I was able to entertain not only the judges but the rest of the crowd that was watching.

It was an awesome time. All the fighters were great guys and very personable. All the other guys trying out were great as well. It was an experience that will not soon be topped. As said before it was a dream come true. I got to get up infornt of the K-1 brass or higher ups and show em what I had and it seemed like they enjoyed it. But not as much as me. I think the smile that was on my face that whole time will need to be removed with surgery. :)

If there is anything more specific you would like to know, give me a shout.

I have to say thank you again to all the people that had kind words to say. I tell you i never get tired of it.

best regards

Andrew McMichael

Your little ass is gutsy! You had to do well for them to put you in the bunch. I thought this was some gimmick shit to follow what they been doing because of your hair. Now hit the gym and do some sit ups and get ready to kick some ass.

I want to see you spar now..... that hair do is to funny.

Macdonald Goodridge Greco and Inoki...man what a cast. i think that going for k-1 is damn well heroic. wish you the best.

Originally posted by ( o Y o )
Thanks for the run down Drac.

What was the general level like do you think? And who is this?? http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/report/index.html

There were some scary dudes in there. It really was mixed though. There were some people that were just tearing up their opponents . All in all though there was a pretty high skill level .

As for that huge guy that is Jamie ( Bear) Asmize. Or more rightly known as just BEAR. He is 6'8 410 lbs with 20% body fat. He is a professional strongman and is currently training to compete in K-1. With his size and strength and the proper coaching he will do quite well .

best regards.

25jxl

Another brilliant stroke of genius by Scott Coker.

LOL

Shit that is way to funny, I saw another one on some other site with my face on Akebono's body.

Some one is gonna have to show me how to do that photoshopping stuff.

peace

haha your the man dracan! weasling your way into famousness! i hope to see more from you in the future! good luck man!

Originally posted by TeMovieDube
my older brother went to highschool with this mcmichael kid. he always came to our house but no one really liked him. he quit half season all eight of the years he did wrestling. if this kid makes in into k-1 i will never watch it again. i know little girls who could take this guy out.

Okay what was the name of the highschool your older brother went to with McMichael ??? Im not bashing you but I think you are either a liar or have him confussed with someone else. You are from Sacto(Sacramento) area in California. McMichael is from Ontario, Canada.

Awesome report Dracan. Sounds like you had a blast! I wanted to go so bad but my instructor said I just wasn't ready yet. For the sparring, were guys out there like it was a real fight or how tough was it? How did the guys in the lower weight class perform?

Most importantly, did Inoki give you one of his slaps? and if so, was that why you were so pumped up?

Originally posted by Officer Farva
HOLY SHIT, ITS JACK OSBOURNE!

i don't follow american pop culture. does anyone have a pick of osbourne?

this does explain why everyone in nagoya was calling him jack though.

Originally posted by Bas Rutten Gear
Awesome report Dracan. Sounds like you had a blast! I wanted to go so bad but my instructor said I just wasn't ready yet. For the sparring, were guys out there like it was a real fight or how tough was it? How did the guys in the lower weight class perform?

Most importantly, did Inoki give you one of his slaps? and if so, was that why you were so pumped up?

Well I went in ready to fight however the judges made sure it did not get to out of hand. As well there were no nutcases in my group so everyone was pretty good. They were jsut trying to show what they had. No one was out to hurt the other.

Man, not getting slapped by inoki is my one regret. If I get the chance to meet him again I will make sure i get belted by him.

Let me tell you guys Andrew came down to my place a couple of weeks before his tryouts to train with our intensive camp. We rolled around early in the camp and I accidentally tweeked Andrew's ankle with a heel hook, that little sob never stopped working out that day. We did a little live wrestling and he busted his ass the whole time, I won't say what he did when we were finished but while we where going he would not quit. Alot of people can say alot of things about Andrew but I will personelly say this much if I where going into a situation where I needed to depend on someone Andrew is the guy. He is the nicest kid you will ever know with the heart twice the size of most fighters out there, in time his talent will equal his heart and then look out.

BC

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back