K-1 is a f*cking joke: McMichael

Why would he sing that song then? That makes absolutely no sense.

Im not direspecting him, he could be a good fighter.

photo03s.jpg

I would watch him fight Akebono.

Maybe he just wanted to do a fun thing and didnt take it too serious? Who knows? Anyways, no reason to get upset over it

Out of the 100 or so people who tried out
is he the only one people are talking about?

looks like his strategy worked.

Originally posted by Paul T
Out of the 100 or so people who tried out
is he the only one people are talking about?

looks like his strategy worked.

That is what I was thinking to. The guy came out, had fun, and now everyone is talking about him. Smart man!

I've seen this guy wrestle. Very good in high school, not so good in university. Probably because the other heavyweights are a foot or two taller than he is.

Honestly, if he fights in K1, he will be knocked out cold. Most fighters will kick at their waistline and hit him in the head.

I not trying to be disrespectful, but it is the truth.

I know Sam Stout from Team Tompkins was signed by K1 the tryouts.

McMichael is a great kid - a lot of heart and the most motivated person I know. He had me laughing so hard I damn near pissed my pants - the whole crowd was captivated. I was one of the judges and he's the only fighter who showed some character worth talking about.

Why did he chose to sing? He should have gone to american idol instead, maybe he is very funny, but being funny doesn't help you in the ring, he seems like a nice kid, It would be sad to see him getting KTFO.

Ha! Whatever man. Everyone has a gimmick these days. Give him credit. He's in there trying. That's cool by me.

Hey Everyone.

This is Andrew McMichael talking here. People who know me on here can confirm this.

Thanks for all the support from those that gave their well wishes and hopefully I can change some peoples opinions about me in the future. I must say some of you guys are quite kind. :)

I will totally agree that I have a hell of alot of work to do and a hell of alot more to learn to make any sort of a wave in this buisness.

As for the singing I did. Well its something I'm not half bad at and hey it got me remembered.

I think the thing that got me noticed the most was that I was a character that could be sold. I went with that and gave it my all.

I'm off for a little bit to a cottage but I will give a full report of the tryout and what was involved. Don't worry about mentioning my name or anything like that I'm cool with it go ahead.

Great title to this thread very endearing. Well, if K-1 is a joke, what does that make me?.......the punch line.

Again thanks to all those that didn't judge me right out of the gate. All of your support is very appreciated.

best regards

Andrew McMichael

For those of you who doubt that this might be McMichael, I can verify it is him. Drew, I think it was great what you did and I applaud you for it. Charisma is something that a lot of fighters lack and you definitely have more then enough of it! I hope you had a great time at the K-1 tryouts and I'll be looking forward to your report. Good luck with your training!

Originally posted by Bas Rutten Gear
For those of you who doubt that this might be McMichael, I can verify it is him. Drew, I think it was great what you did and I applaud you for it. Charisma is something that a lot of fighters lack and you definitely have more then enough of it! I hope you had a great time at the K-1 tryouts and I'll be looking forward to your report. Good luck with your training!

Thanks man.....it means alot to hear that.

Originally posted by Dracan

I think the thing that got me noticed the most was that I was a character that could be sold. I went with that and gave it my all.

Shave your head and be Butterbean Jr.! That's a character. You can sing "Sweet Home Alabama."

Originally posted by Dracan
Hey Everyone.

This is Andrew McMichael talking here. People who know me on here can confirm this.

Thanks for all the support from those that gave their well wishes and hopefully I can change some peoples opinions about me in the future. I must say some of you guys are quite kind. :)

I will totally agree that I have a hell of alot of work to do and a hell of alot more to learn to make any sort of a wave in this buisness.

As for the singing I did. Well its something I'm not half bad at and hey it got me remembered.

I'm off for a little bit to a cottage but I will give a full report of the tryout and what was involved. Don't worry about mentioning my name or anything like that I'm cool with it go ahead.

Great title to this thread very endearing. Well, if K-1 is a joke, what does that make me?.......the punch line.

Again thanks to all those that didn't judge me right out of the gate. All of your support is very appreciated.

best regards

Andrew McMichael

Hi Andrew,
I have talked to you before here on Sherdog. Had I realized who you were, I would have come up to you at some wrestling tournaments. I wrestle at UWO. You have all my respect in the world. Anyone that trains with Synders, Fera and Neufield everyday deserves nothing but respect. It took major balls to tryout. I am not one to make fun of someone's build, but the height factor has me worried. I seriously hope that you prove everyone, including myself, wrong. If I see you at some tournaments next year, I will be sure to introduce myself.

Andrew "Canario" Ross

Andrew is a cool dude. I met him in Vegas, he was a very friendly and entertaining dude. I'm glad he is getting the attention that he is getting. I think it's even funnier that people are pissed off that he is getting the attention that he is getting.

I too can verify that is indeed McMicheal. And a pic he got caught in @ Nagoya ;)

pict16.jpg

Back