K-1 is a f*cking joke: McMichael

Originally posted by Dracan
Great title to this thread very endearing. Well, if K-1 is a joke, what does that make me?.......the punch line.

The title of the thread was not directed at your fighting ability so much as just the principle. Those of us who are tired of the Sapp and Akebono, "WWF" direction that K-1 is heading have no choice but to think, "Goddamnit, when is this shit going to end" when looking at that article. For everyone else, the singing and afro stuff is just more of the gimmick, more of the freakshow material that you see on K-1. You even admitted yourself that you exploited this... that it helped you out.

We don't want to see anymore gimmicks, we want to see talented fighters. If you are a talented fighter, then more power to you, and if you fight your way to the top of K-1, then you will have everyone's respect. It is hard to take anyone seriously, though, when they sing Marilyn Monroe and have a Tina Turner afro.

jread,

this was a tryout. this was not the k-1 producing anything. tryouts are for finding the best talent and for laughing at the worst. it was an open tryout and anyone could have gone. they were under no obligation to be the next peter aerts. all they had to do is show desire.

if someone asked me to show my special talent, i don't know what i would have done. i don't think anyone would want to see me jerk off on a unicycle.

andrew had every right to be there simply because it was a tryout. he was not paid. he may never make the cut.

Originally posted by Felix
jread,

this was a tryout. this was not the k-1 producing anything. tryouts are for finding the best talent and for laughing at the worst. it was an open tryout and anyone could have gone. they were under no obligation to be the next peter aerts. all they had to do is show desire.

if someone asked me to show my special talent, i don't know what i would have done. i don't think anyone would want to see me jerk off on a unicycle.

andrew had every right to be there simply because it was a tryout. he was not paid. he may never make the cut.

Fair enough.

More power to you Andrew, I hope something really good happens for you in the K-1 ring.

Since your so short for a HW I recommend working heavily on perfecting your body shots, especially the strait to the body & overhand to the head.

Good Luck Bro!

Good luck Andrew. Sounds like you would be a very entertaining addition to K-1. I have to say that I can't see why with your height you are fighting in the heavyweight division though -- from what people say of your skills, it sounds like you would kick ass if you dropped weight and fought in lighter divisions ... at any rate, I am looking forward to seeing your MMA career develop, whether it's in K-1 or elsewhere. Best of luck! Also, it's great to see Big Daddy post on the boards . . . nice KO you got the other day!!!

Best of luck Andrew, i hope K-1 are considering you, you seem like a gr8 guy and hard worker ! Best wishes for the futur.

Sam Stout got signed? I fought in the same event as him about a month ago,he fought a guy from my gym and lost the decision. He was good but didnt seem to be on the K1 level yet.

Originally posted by jread
WHAT........... THE............. FUCK?!?!

http://www.so-net.ne.jp/feg/k-1gp/top624.htm

my older brother went to highschool with this mcmichael kid. he always came to our house but no one really liked him. he quit half season all eight of the years he did wrestling. if this kid makes in into k-1 i will never watch it again. i know little girls who could take this guy out.

Originally posted by TeMovieDube
my older brother went to highschool with this mcmichael kid. he always came to our house but no one really liked him. he quit half season all eight of the years he did wrestling. if this kid makes in into k-1 i will never watch it again. i know little girls who could take this guy out.

if you don't get the concept of tryout, maybe you could spend a day in hollywood and watch a few auditions. sometimes hundreds of people read for one part. andrew was in vegas for gary's fight and decided "what the hell. i'm gonna have a great weekend."

who knows? maybe he sparred with the furture 10 time grand prix champion. when he is 40, he can tell people the story.

why does everyone seem to think that this is anythig other than an open tryout?

Originally posted by Dracan
Hey Everyone.

This is Andrew McMichael talking here. People who know me on here can confirm this.

Thanks for all the support from those that gave their well wishes and hopefully I can change some peoples opinions about me in the future. I must say some of you guys are quite kind. :)

I will totally agree that I have a hell of alot of work to do and a hell of alot more to learn to make any sort of a wave in this buisness.

As for the singing I did. Well its something I'm not half bad at and hey it got me remembered.

I think the thing that got me noticed the most was that I was a character that could be sold. I went with that and gave it my all.

I'm off for a little bit to a cottage but I will give a full report of the tryout and what was involved. Don't worry about mentioning my name or anything like that I'm cool with it go ahead.

Great title to this thread very endearing. Well, if K-1 is a joke, what does that make me?.......the punch line.

Again thanks to all those that didn't judge me right out of the gate. All of your support is very appreciated.

best regards

Andrew McMichael

I am just curious, if you are primarily a wrestler.......why are you trying out for K1? I have seen people post here that you are a good wrestler but not a good striker. Why not try out for MMA?

If I'm an actor i would be at the hollywood audition. If I'm an athelete, i would be at the K-1 event. Seeing as McMichael is neither, he doesnt belong anywhere but a fat camp for losers.

let's say you and a bunch of friends decide to go to hollywood for the weekend. you will get to see live filming your favourite sitcom. suddenly, oneof your buds alerts you to the fact that they will be holding open auditions. all you gotta do is sign up.

what do you do?
a- back out. you're not an actor. it's not your job.
b- go for it just for the fun of it.
c- don't go for it and mock those that do.

oh snap! ROTFLMAO

Originally posted by STRIKER
More power to you Andrew, I hope something really good happens for you in the K-1 ring.

Since your so short for a HW I recommend working heavily on perfecting your body shots, especially the strait to the body & overhand to the head.

Good Luck Bro!

Any one ever notice how much different ppl talk when they have actuall faught. Tends to be a lil more respectfull.
That dude just looks young.

allright so it's only a tryout

Badr Hari, the russian + french MT champs all have to wait for one chance to fight at k-1 and they have a very good background, so probable andrew won't make it.

But keep trying dude!

BTW: Is anyone ever discovered by such a tournaent?

Andrew best of luck...its so easy for someone to criticize another when sitting behind a computer screen...however it takes balls to step into a tryout...I have a great deal of respect for you man.

Ditto, i may have only had 1 real fight, but i do realize that stepping into the ring or a tryout means a hell of a lot more than being a key board jockey.

Mad props to McMichael (still waiting for the full report...)

Andrew McMichael i will be your first fan if ur in k-1!

Back