News Josh Emmett Vs Giga Chikadze UFC 296

Giga should win.
Emmett is good, but he is getting older and he took some damage in the last 3 fights.

This is the most stacked card I have seen in a while. Holy shieet

upload_2023-11-5_20-30-31.png

upload_2023-11-5_20-31-39.png

As the resident Josh Emmett fanatic, I have high hopes given Giga's lackluster return against Alex Caceres and the horrendous five round beating he received at the hands of Kattar, who I believed Emmett narrowly edged out.

Who do you believe wins this one, besides the fans?

Attachments

• IMG_2828.jpeg
    IMG_2828.jpeg
    344.9 KB · Views: 1
Thats great matchmaking right there. I think Josh might be a little past it now, but hoping I am wrong.

I think Emmet wins this fight. I've always been a fan.

I said before, Gigas frail, egg like head will be cracked

Great fight, card filling out nicely.

I'm afraid Josh is about to take even more brain damage. He's up in age and he should retire imo. What do I know though, take for example Miller, he's 80 years old and still getting better everyday.

Josh had no answer for the kicks of Yair. Yes Kalvin boxed up Giga but Josh doesn’t set up his power shots very well and doesn’t have much of a jab either. That’s why Topuria put such a beat down on him.

I really like Emmett but I also wonder what his goals are atm.
Title seems out of reach.
Also, Father Time.

Finishing contract?
Just loves to fight?
Fun fights?
Probably get in a few more good fights on his contract and try to get as much money as possible.

Probably get in a few more good fights on his contract and try to get as much money as possible.
He could conceivably get another title shot if he beats Giga and then a top 5 opponent. Someone like Ortega. The division is in a weird place.

Giga barely got past Caceres. Josh via overhand right from hell.

He could conceivably get another title shot if he beats Giga and then a top 5 opponent. Someone like Ortega. The division is in a weird place.
It’s been weird for a while very well could happen.

Emmett can win if he doesn't try to brawl. I just don't believe that any Team Alpha Male fighter can actually show up with a unique gameplan besides trying to copy the Faber blueprint. The sport has moved on, and TAM is stuck in the past.

Yair hurt Emmett with a body kick and that is what Giga does the best

It's wild

Edwards Vs Colby
Pantoja Vs Royval
Shavkat Vs Wonderboy
Garry Vs Luque
Paddy Vs Tony
Beneil Vs Arman
Emmett Vs Giga

All main card quality fights.
At least 3 of these are getting cancelled. And you know it. That's how MMA works.

I love this fight, I like Giga much more now that he's been humbled tbh, and Emmett is "tougher than a $2 steak" as the old saying goes.

Giga can win, but it isn't going to be easy.

Sucks Josh is at that point in his career. He hits hard,who knows maybe he gets another TCE..He reminds me of Lamas at this time in his career. Both have great power, vicious kos, just couldn't get the belt but felt like they could beat anyone anynight. That division is quiuteley very underrated talent wize

Last edited:
So is this the retirement fight instead of a 55 one? Either way pretty good fight

Back