Rumored Giga Chikadze vs Josh Emmett - Giga Officially Accepts - UFC 300 Prelim

Black9

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
It appears Giga accepted a fight from the UFC against Josh Emmett for UFC 300

Giga.png

You guys into it as a early prelim fight on UFC 300?

Could be a great firework fight as the 2nd prelim after Bo

If this match up is made, you may aswell annouce max vs gaethje right after. because those are the only 2 guys for max to fight at FW.

and of course we know Porier, BSD, Armen, RDA, Dariush, Gamrot, and charles are now all booked. There's no one for Gaethje either.

I'm leaning Mitchell. With his boxing, timing and wrestling I find it hard seeing him not capable of applying the same pressure Kattar was able to and even having a decent cardio advantage.

Razor close fight since Emmett also struggled with the body kicks of Yair but despite his speed I think Giga struggles more with the grappling than Yair did and he doesn't have the cardio to attack like Yair did from bottom.

Why did Giga pull out the first time this fight was made? Feel like the balls in Josh's court and wouldn't be mad if Josh didn't want to fight down the rankings now, would be a great matchup though.

If this match up is made, you may aswell annouce max vs gaethje right after. because those are the only 2 guys for max to fight at FW.

and of course we know Porier, BSD, Armen, RDA, Dariush, Gamrot, and charles are now all booked. There's no one for Gaethje either.
Gaethje could just sit out tbf, he’s not opposed to doing that

I agree. The mma fighting podcast thinks this will be the co main event. I think I heard the morning kombat guy suggest max vs gaethje as being added soon as one of the main fights on ufc 300.

Gaethje could just sit out tbf, he’s not opposed to doing that
Would be potentially waiting for ages though, If Islam is fighting the winner of a fight that's happening in April... It could be literally Spring/Summer 2025(depending on recovery times) by the time Islam is ready for Justin, he's already been out for 6 months. I can't see that, he's had at least 1 fight every year since he joined the UFC, plus he has that prestigious BMF belt to defend himself lol.

He decisioned Alex Caceres in a very close bout back in August. I have Emmett nullifying Gigas kicking game and getting a TKO.
Yeah I’d forgotten about that. I remember him looking pretty underwhelming and being surprised Caceres just decided not to grapple

Yeah I’d forgotten about that. I remember him looking pretty underwhelming and being surprised Caceres just decided not to grapple
Caceres was able to neutralize the Giga kick just by sharp 1-2 combos and placing him on the back foot. Granted he had a long layoff, but if you’re able to eat those body kicks / willing to start pocket exchanges he’s not nearly as versatile in the standup.

Last edited:
Caceres was able to neutralize the Giga kick just by sharp 1-2 combos and placing him on the back foot. Granted he had a long layoff, but if you’re able to eat those body kicks / willing to start pocket exchanges he’s not nearly as versatile in the standup.
Very true, Giga did break his arm with a kick though :(

Looking forward to seeing what the future HOF Bruce Leeroy is up to next :D
956eea967fa2c5ca9d8dc1a3f1be7db7f0c19f2b.gif

I'm leaning Mitchell. With his boxing, timing and wrestling I find it hard seeing him not capable of applying the same pressure Kattar was able to and even having a decent cardio advantage.

Razor close fight since Emmett also struggled with the body kicks of Yair but despite his speed I think Giga struggles more with the grappling than Yair did and he doesn't have the cardio to attack like Yair did from bottom.

Hespect.
Almost a "quite good post."

:D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biden's Diaper
Back