News Josh Emmett Vs Giga Chikadze UFC 296

Did his parents really name his GigaChad?

or did he change it for marketing purposes ?

flat,750x,075,f-pad,750x1000,f8f8f8.jpg

@BFoe another horrible fight added to already terrible card, right?
Oh I was right, both my notifications from you consisted of you whining about some card’s lineup.

This card is decent, but suffers from 2 things: a terrible main event, and a fight (Paddy-Tony) that doesn’t belong on the main card. I mean, I get the Paddy thing from a business perspective: somehow they’ve drummed up a bunch of hype about the guy, he seems to have a limited skillset and will almost certainly crash into a ceiling as he moves up the rankings, so why not at least make people pay to watch when it happens? But at the end of the day, Tony is on a 1000-fight losing streak, and I’d guess Paddy is ranked somewhere between #30-40? That’s main card worthy?

If they moved Paddy-Tony to the prelims, and slid Giga vs Emmett in the main card, I’d be on the fence about getting the card and might just do it. The Colby-Leon headliner really hurts my interest for this card though.

Last time we talked about this topic, we established two things:
  1. The price of UFC PPVs today is greater than it should be even when adjusted for inflation, plus they tack on an $11/month charge for ESPN+
  2. You don’t live in the US and basically get to watch these PPVs for free (or very close to free)
I’ll tell you what. I’ll PM you my Venmo information, and from now on every time you sit down to watch a UFC PPV, Venmo me $80. Let’s see how long it takes before you start feeling like it’s not worth it.

Last edited:
Oh I was right, both my notifications from you consisted of you whining about some card’s lineup.

This card is decent, but suffers from 2 things: a terrible main event, and a fight (Paddy-Tony) that doesn’t belong on the main card. I mean, I get the Paddy thing from a business perspective: somehow they’ve drummed up a bunch of hype about the guy, he seems to have a limited skillset and will almost certainly crash into a ceiling as he moves up the rankings, so why not at least make people pay to watch when it happens? But at the end of the day, Tony is on a 1000-fight losing streak, and I’d guess Paddy is ranked somewhere between #30-40? That’s main card worthy?

If they moved Paddy-Tony to the prelims, and slid Giga vs Emmett in the main card, I’d be on the fence about getting the card and might just do it. The Colby-Leon headliner really hurts my interest for this card though.

Last time we talked about this topic, we established two things:
  1. The price of UFC PPVs today is greater than it should be even when adjusted for inflation, plus they tack on an $11/month charge for ESPN+
  2. You don’t live in the US and basically get to watch these PPVs for free (or very close to free)
I’ll tell you what. I’ll PM you my Venmo information, and from now on every time you sit down to watch a UFC PPV, Venmo me $80. Let’s see how long it takes before you start feeling like it’s not worth it.

IPTV-1068x559.jpeg

Good fight but I guess they'll wait until Giga is 40 to have him fight Yair...

<{danayeah}>

But seriously—I don’t think that a middle aged, upper middle class person should have to illegally stream shit like a Zoomer, or invite a bunch of friends over to split the cost of the PPV like a frat boy, you know? Honestly the older I get, the less friends I have that are interested in MMA. I feel like these cards should be of a quality and price where I don’t feel like I’m just pissing money away month after month.

<{danayeah}>

But seriously—I don’t think that a middle aged, upper middle class person should have to illegally stream shit like a Zoomer, or invite a bunch of friends over to split the cost of the PPV like a frat boy, you know? Honestly the older I get, the less friends I have that are interested in MMA. I feel like these cards should be of a quality and price where I don’t feel like I’m just pissing money away month after month.

You can feel like that all you want, prices are not going down.

That leaves several options you DON'T want to do. Buy at higher prices, split cost, use an IPTV service to get 16,000+ channels and PPVs. What's left? Buying and complaining? Not buying? Not buying and still complaining?

You can feel like that all you want, prices are not going down.

That leaves several options you DON'T want to do. Buy at higher prices, split cost, use an IPTV service to get 16,000+ channels and PPVs. What's left? Buying and complaining? Not buying? Not buying and still complaining?
Not buying and still complaining is the option I’ve chosen, and I think it’s valid.
The bottom line is that PPVs should not be as expensive as they are, the UFC’s PPV model and pricing sucks, and fans should make it known both vocally and by not paying when they feel cards don’t merit it.

The WWE for example abandoned their PPV model and included all PPVs in the price of their WWE Network subscription, which is $9.99/month. That’s a $1 less than an ESPN+ subscription, with no further PPV cost. Unless it’s changed, the UFC does this exact thing with a Fight Pass subscription in Mexico—all PPVs are included.

The UFC doesn’t even have to get that crazy though. Why not give Fight Pass subscribers in the US a redeemable promo code for each PPV, that gives a certain percentage off depending on how long the user has had their subscription? If you’ve had Fight Pass for 1-3 years, you get 10% off. 4-7 years, 15% or 20% off, etc. Or they could keep a tally in your ESPN+ account: if there’s 12 PPVs in a year and you buy the first 11, get the last event free. Or whatever. Something. The UFC gouges the fuck out of American customers.

The bottom line is that PPVs should not be as expensive as they are, the UFC’s PPV model and pricing sucks, and fans should make it known both vocally and by not paying when they feel cards don’t merit it.

I agree with the pricing being too expensive. I was buying PPvs for awhile. Fans can be vocal all they want, ticket prices are crazy and PPV prices are crazy and nothing will change it other than people not buying. Yet the arenas are packed for any PPV.

And I chose to stop paying for them and go with an IPTV provider. I spoke with my wallet.

I agree with the pricing being too expensive. I was buying PPvs for awhile. Fans can be vocal all they want, ticket prices are crazy and PPV prices are crazy and nothing will change it other than people not buying. Yet the arenas are packed for any PPV.

And I chose to stop paying for them and go with an IPTV provider. I spoke with my wallet.
Yeah I agree. Right now I speak with my wallet by not ordering PPVs that I think are subpar, but an IPTV provider might just be the way to go.

Damn they are just throwing Emmett to the wolves at the very end of his career. Hell never fight gif the title. He should get a “fun” fight against someone a bit lower ranked

Surprised by the general consensus in responses here. Hope the betting line reflects it. Emmett isn't the boxer Kattar is. I think Giga picks him apart.

man emmet just tooka hellacious beating. he def should not be coming back this soon. guess he is racing against the clock to grab a couple more fights

Sexy fight on a sexy card. Let there be blood.

Back