Jon Jones "If I cannot fight in the UFC I will go to Russia, China and Japan"

#TeamBones I'm following up. If fighter bashing isn't tolerated for other fighters it won't be tolerated for Jon Jones either. It's gonna be an interesting season.

Fighter bashing is only bashing when it's untrue, or overt personal attacks with no factual basis. It's like slander -- it's only slander if its false or not factually based.

Jon Jones is a known cheater (he was caught drunk with 2 sluts when he crashed his Bentley), a known drug user (tested positive for cocaine), a known criminal causing bodily harm (crashed his car, broke a pregnant ladies arm, and fled the scene after returning for drugs/cash), and a known PED cheat (tested positive for post-cycle anti-estrogens and anabolic steroids).

We can chastise Jon Jones as much as we want for the above offenses, as they are factually based and thus not fighter bashing.

Nice try though kid. Go get an education.

Because that would be helping clear the way for Jon Jones to fight overseas. Jon Jones should not be allowed to fight MMA anywhere in the world, until he is cleared by USADA. Period. The UFC should do everything in their power to help enforce that suspension, and prevent him from competing overseas.

Any move on the UFCs part to clear the way for Jones to fight overseas would make them look bad. There's zero reason for them to release him.

Do you care if he breaks the USADA ban and fights elsewhere? I mean really why does anyone give a shit? Guys like Lesnar get all kinds of exemptions from the UFC to actually fight in the UFC.

Look I am not a fan of Jones outside the cage and his failed drug tests don't endear him to me any further.

However this guy needs to make a living. He is quite possibly the best MMA fighter in existence. I don't see him flipping fries at MacDonalds for the next 4 years.

I can't understand why people take it so personally. It's just MMA, get over it. It's like he kicked everyone's dogs and slept with their sisters.

Yea, that's how it would go down. Also him fighting overseas (while suspended) is almost certainly a violation of some rules with either USADA or the CSAC/NSAC. I'm sure that would trigger a lifetime ban from MMA in the US, given his track record.

You mean like Crocrop?

He fought overseas while banned. And yet somehow he was on a Bellator card. Sure it was set for London but the expectation is that he would be fighting for Bellator again presumably on one of the US cards.

Dafuq?
He called Dana to say "It's my son's birthday, please congratulate him" :confused:

Probably no editor or proofread, typist trying to keep up, lots of mistakes.

MMA journalism at its finest.

Do you care if he breaks the USADA ban and fights elsewhere? I mean really why does anyone give a shit? Guys like Lesnar get all kinds of exemptions from the UFC to actually fight in the UFC.

Lesnar actually followed the rules, like it or not. He received a USADA exemption and was legally allowed to fight Mark Hunt. He did pop for the same post-cycle anti-estrogens Jones did, and he's serving a suspension for that! Now he is entering the testing pool as required, and waiting an extra 6 months to compete, as required. If Lesnar tests clean, then he's following the rules.

However this guy needs to make a living. He is quite possibly the best MMA fighter in existence. I don't see him flipping fries at MacDonalds for the next 4 years.

He can make a living in any number of ways. He can engage in exhibition grappling matches as he did against Henderson. He can probably do seminars, and definitely can do celebrity appearances. And I'm sure there are dozens of other creative ways he can "make a living".

However, "making a living" is making ~$100-200k/year, possibly more including sponsors. What you are talking about is Jon Jones fighting MMA and making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, which is far beyond "making a living". Jon broke the rules and is suspended from MMA, and should not legally be allowed to fight until his suspension is concluded. He is fully capable of making a living without MMA. If that income is not sufficient for his "lifestyle", then that's his problem. I have zero sympathy.

Honestly, I can't even believe you'd suggest he has a right to fight MMA while suspended. That's really a clown move there, sir.

Last edited:
Lesnar actually followed the rules, like it or not. He received a USADA exemption and was legally allowed to fight Mark Hunt. He did pop for the same post-cycle anti-estrogens Jones did, and he's serving a suspension for that! Now he is entering the testing pool as required, and waiting an extra 6 months to compete, as required. If Lesnar tests clean, then he's following the rules.

He can make a living in any number of ways. He can engage in exhibition grappling matches as he did against Henderson. He can probably do seminars, and definitely can do celebrity appearances. And I'm sure there are dozens of other creative ways he can "make a living".

However, "making a living" is making ~$100k/year. He can easily make more than that with what I mentioned above. What you are talking about is Jon Jones fighting MMA and making MILLIONS OF DOLLARS, which is far beyond "making a living". Jon broke the rules and is suspended from MMA, and should not legally be allowed to fight until his suspension is concluded. He is fully capable of making a living without MMA. If that income is not sufficient for his "lifestyle", then that's his problem. I have zero sympathy.

Honestly, I can't even believe you'd suggest he has a right to fight MMA while suspended. That's really a clown more there, sir.

Maybe you should read more carefully. I personally don't give a damn what he does outside of the UFC. You seem pretty invested in it though.

Sure there are plenty of options for him.

I never said he has a right, I simply said he has to make a living.

Sitting on the shelf under UFC contract for 4 years without earning a cent is pretty silly. And good luck doing promotional events outside of the UFC when they own the rights to his likeness as per their lengthy contract.

Yea, that's how it would go down. Also him fighting overseas (while suspended) is almost certainly a violation of some rules with either USADA or the CSAC/NSAC. I'm sure that would trigger a lifetime ban from MMA in the US, given his track record.

this is why the CSAC decision was actually so bad for Jones.

HIs fans like to say "oh he didnt even get suspended, just reapply for licence whenever" but its far worse than that.

Had CSAC suspended him for 2 years (and usada did the same), the CSAC would re-licence him at the end of two years regardless of if he stayed in the testing pool or not.,

Has CSAC suspended him for 2 years (And USADA for 4 years), CSAC would respect the USADA suspension and re-licence him after 4 years.

As it stands, if USADA suspend Jones for X years, he leaves the pool, and so his suspension is tolled and never expired, technically, he cannot satisfy the requirements to get re-licensed.

They also put in that he has to not only serve his full usada suspension, but also demonstrate that he has changed, reformed etc. Fighting while under suspension would not demonstrate that.

If Jones fights in Japan or Russia while under USADa suspension, its extremely unlikely he will ever be licensed to fight in the US again

Probably no editor or proofread, typist trying to keep up, lots of mistakes.

MMA journalism at its finest.

or if you read the actual post it was a google translate from a Russian article...

literally the 2nd line, in bold, in big letters said "google translate"

Maybe its the teanslation but that doesnt sound like Jon Jones at all. (Judging from interviews not personal experience of course.)
Regardless, i would watch a Juiced to the gills Jon Jones vs a Juices up Anthony Johnson and id pay 100 bucks for the PPV. FTW. JBG.

You mean like Crocrop?

He fought overseas while banned. And yet somehow he was on a Bellator card. Sure it was set for London but the expectation is that he would be fighting for Bellator again presumably on one of the US cards.
and why do you think UFC dont release fighters now while they are banned and make them sit out their suspensions.

Because of Cro Cop..

If Jones fights in Japan or Russia while under USADa suspension, its extremely unlikely he will ever be licensed to fight in the US again

That's true. If an organization didn't outright hand him a lifetime MMA ban for fighting overseas while indefinitely suspended by USADA, it's highly unlikely that he would get re-licensed by the athletic commissions in the US. And, as you said, that would also freeze his USADA suspension and harden them to stick to 4 years. So if Jon fought overseas for 2 years, starting next summer, when he tried to return to the US he'd still have 2 years left on his USADA suspension (if they didn't tack on more time).

and why do you think UFC dont release fighters now while they are banned and make them sit out their suspensions.

Because of Cro Cop..

Chael Sonnen

Wanderlei Silva

Frank Mir

Need more examples?

Sitting on the shelf under UFC contract for 4 years without earning a cent is pretty silly. And good luck doing promotional events outside of the UFC when they own the rights to his likeness as per their lengthy contract.

Can you even read???? Sitting "without earning a cent" ... ??? He earns sponsorship money still, and as I said in my post he can do exhibition grappling, seminars, celebrity appearances, etc. to make $100-200k/year EASILY. If he chooses not to do these things, that's his problem and his choice. He can easily earn a living without MMA. If that doesn't fund his "lifetstyle", then that's his issue.

Stop being fucking retarded, seriously.

Did this interview go through 5 translations or something?

The way he's talking, it does sound like USADA isn't budging from 4 years. If he had some hint that he'd be getting 2 years or less, I would expect him to say "I think I'll be back in the UFC in 2019". He's said that before, but he didn't say it this time... interesting.

And I'm so happy he's having money problems. He just basically admitted he didn't save his money very well. Another year of his current financial situation will probably see him in debt. If USADA stick with 4 years, I'd expect him to attempt to fight in Japan next summer.

It's going to be really interesting if Jon tries to fight overseas. I go back and forth on this -- I'm not sure the UFC could stop him from fighting in Rizin. I doubt the Japanese courts would care about his contract with the UFC. I also still believe that Jon Jones would get a release from his contract in US courts -- however, there is the "guilty hands" principle, in which defendants that have broken the law cannot sue for reparations in court. The guilty hands principle is definitely not enforced consistently, so Jon's case would come down to what judge he gets.

I just hope for more Jones drama and a Jones vs UFC lawsuit to sue for release from his contract. That would be so fascinating.
Couldn't the UFC also sue to freeze or recover any money he made if he fought elsewhere while still under contract? Plus other penalties? So many dreamers here living vicariously through him. Just because he might be able to do something doesn't mean that there won't be ramifications.

Chael Sonnen

Wanderlei Silva

Frank Mir

Need more examples?

Chael Sonnen - before USADA

Wanderlei Silva - Before USADA

Frank Mir - Was made to sign a contract with a massive financial penalty if he fought before his suspension ended

So yes, need more examples.

Give me examples of fighters that since Cro Cop the UFC have willingly released while on USADA suspension........

Then think of guys like Lawlor, who they refused to release till his suspension was nearly up..

More Jon Jones in Russia.. you will need to use Closed Captions/Subtitles

its really fucking confusing

Back