Jon Jones "If I cannot fight in the UFC I will go to Russia, China and Japan"

Chael Sonnen

Wanderlei Silva

Frank Mir

Need more examples?

Old. Old. Old. These are all old, past their prime fighters that clearly couldn't compete inside the UFC with USADA. They are also fighters that commanded SIGNIFICANT guaranteed money on their contracts, and didn't have the same drawing power they previously did.

As other posters have told you A NUMBER OF TIMES NOW, there is absolutely no comparison between releasing an old, expensive, past their prime fighter, and releasing an in-his-prime world champion fighter. The UFC can still make money off of Jon Jones if he serves his suspension -- they can't make much money off the fighters you listed.

I'm serious man -- what is wrong with you? Stop posting retarded uneducated bullshit on these forums. Go get a University degree and then come back and debate. You sound like a highschool dropout.

Imagine if Jones had the freedom to juice to the gills and ended up looking like Ubereem. I for one would live to see that.

The ones that talk about having the most sex are getting the least amount.

Couldn't the UFC also sue to freeze or recover any money he made if he fought elsewhere while still under contract? Plus other penalties? So many dreamers here living vicariously through him. Just because he might be able to do something doesn't mean that there won't be ramifications.

I think they could, for sure. The US is so strange -- any income you make overseas is actually taxable by the IRS, unless you denounce your US citizenship. So Jon Jones would have to pay tax on any money he makes fighting overseas, and the UFC could certainly sue him in court for that money as well.

I'm still split on how that would go in court. There's certainly an argument under the Ali Act that he should be released from his contract -- to me this is Jones' only chance.

Did this interview go through 5 translations or something?

they asked questions in russian, translator translated them to Jones, he replied in english, translated to Russian, and then google translated back to English.

So he will fight freaks and natural HWs like his critics want him to be pushed into that corner.

? Dude, Bellator operates in the US. They can't sign him. You get that right? Geez... His options are One FC or Rizin.

they could sign him and loan him to rizin. or co promote the car he fight on.

bellator could put on a event overseas as well that wouldn't honor usada suspention.

they asked questions in russian, translator translated them to Jones, he replied in english, translated to Russian, and then google translated back to English.
Lol I figured. That's funny. It's like chinese star wars subtitles translated to english.

I down for that. I'm ready for a juiced to the gills Uberjon.

Can you even read???? Sitting "without earning a cent" ... ??? He earns sponsorship money still, and as I said in my post he can do exhibition grappling, seminars, celebrity appearances, etc. to make $100-200k/year EASILY. If he chooses not to do these things, that's his problem and his choice. He can easily earn a living without MMA. If that doesn't fund his "lifetstyle", then that's his issue.

Stop being fucking retarded, seriously.

First of all grow up. I'm getting a bit tired of obnoxious teen twats on this site. That you might be Canadian is even more embarrassing.

If you are going to stoop to insulting members here because you don't like an opinion, frankly you should maybe go somewhere with less grown ups, more your speed.

Which sponsors are you referring to btw? Reebok only pays when fighters actually fight. Jones lost most of his big sponsors back in 2015. Curious because other than GAT I don't know of any other companies that are currently linked to him.

(and as an FYI, two degree's, U of T and Rotman School of Business...)

Cliffs
Jon wakes at 8am to pack a bowl

Rizin would put Tenshin in there with Jones.

Jones is delusional if he thinks he can make money overseas. Who is he going to fight and who is going to pay him? Subtract the legal fees from a UFC lawsuit and now he's losing money

Chael Sonnen

Wanderlei Silva

Frank Mir

Need more examples?

mir was released and had a agreement to not fight until suspention was over. wand and chael were before usada. chael made it clear he not in the ufc cause he cant pass a usada testing. just shows how weak belaltor testing is.

mir was released and had a agreement to not fight until suspention was over. wand and chael were before usada. chael made it clear he not in the ufc cause he cant pass a usada testing. just shows how weak belaltor testing is.
Drug testing should be up to the state athletic commissions and per agreements between fighters. Like boxing, unless there was a fighters union that agreed to such terms with a promoter.

Back