Jon Jones "If I cannot fight in the UFC I will go to Russia, China and Japan"

dim_

Steel Belt
@Steel
Reaction score
Yeh.. good luck getting the UFC to release you Jon....

https://matchtv.ru/boxing/matchtvne...un_ot_Amagova__v_intervju_luchshego_bojca_UFC

Its in russian..

Google translate:

- How does your usual day look like today?

- My children should go to school at 8:15. So I wake up at about 8, and that's enough for me to pack. When my children are at school, I watch movies with my lady, plus lots of sex and all sorts of housework. At 2 o'clock I take the children from school, I spend time with them. And usually I train in the evenings, all the more everything necessary for boxing and kickboxing is in my garage. Well, in the evening I watch a movie with my wife and even more sex. So every day passes.

I'm now in the "vacation" mode. For example, in Russia, I have been on a four-day visit with the Harcord project invitation and have not trained. I eat Russian food, I enjoy life with my friends who came with me.

- Where is your house now?

- I'm from New York. But now I live in Albuquerque, New Mexico. I moved to be next to Greg Jackson (MMA coach - "Match TV"). I believe that he is the best coach in the world. For me, so it is. Since I work with him, I have dominated every battle.

Albuquerque is a good place. All good quality - weather, food, people. A pleasant place to live.

- When and what was your last training?

"Probably on Friday." I worked with a weight in Russian style.

- Alexey Oleinik wrote that you trained together. If there were wrestling matches, who forced whom to surrender?

"Was it at the airport?" I like to play with people. And when I saw Oleynik, he put his bags away, and we began to fight. He was with his family. How could he lose to me in front of his family? I will say that he won.

- Who Is your hardest sparring partner?

- Perhaps Adlan (Amagov, former UFC fighter, statistics in the MMA - 14-2). A guy from Dagestan (Chechnya - "Match TV").

On the same day, I had training with him and Carlos Condit (ex-UFC Welterweight Champion - "Match TV"). We sparred for 20 minutes, and Adlan sent me down. He kicked me in the liver, and I could not breathe. He fell to the floor and was paralyzed. This was the only time with me. I will never forget.

- What do you need now to continue your career?

- I need to wait until the USADA examines my case. I spent the last year collecting materials. They took my words and my evidence for consideration. And now I have to wait for what they will do. As soon as they allow me to return, I'll be back.

- Did you imagine what you would do if you could not continue to fight?

- If I can not fight in the UFC, I will fight here, in Russia, in China, in Japan. When I finish fighting, I plan to train other people. This is something that I do very well. Help to come to form, teach to fight. These are things that are very natural to me.

- Do you live on money that earned a career, or do you have a monthly income?

- I have sponsors. Not as much as it used to be. When I return, they are activated again. I have been a world champion since I was 23 years old. Now I'm 31. So I made a lot of money. And he saved a lot of money. I did not work on how to spend less money. I just enjoyed it. You can not always save, save, save. I would then be very sad and depressed. I did different things for myself. I bought good things, took my family to good restaurants, to rest. I spent a lot on friends. They are happy. When people around me are happy, I feel good.

- Have you invested your money?

- Yes, I dealt with shares. I invested in real estate. Not the biggest income, but went into a plus.

- You became one of the first athletes in MMA who signed a contract with Nike. Was that your best contract?

- This is the best sponsorship from all that I had. They paid a lot, and I made them good advertising. On my sneakers was a "soldier". In an hour, 2500 pairs were spent. It was a cool, special moment for me that many people bought these crosses. When I see them in public, I always sign them, I embrace people and I say: "Thank you for your sorrow".

- A well-known detail that you started performing in MMA, because your girlfriend was pregnant, and you did not have money. How did your life look then?

- After college I was going to university. But my girlfriend said she was pregnant. I decided not to go for the first semester and start working. I was 18-19 years old, I became a bouncer and earned $ 50 per night. He worked two nights a week. I could not afford a turkey, bread. Products that I needed. I came to my parents to eat. This is very inspiring and motivating. When you remember this, you realize that you do not want this to happen again, and you do not want to go back to that period of your life. It gives a kick under the ass, makes you work hard, be smarter with finances.

- Remember, how they told you that you have a contract with the UFC?

"I was at my girl's house, my manager called me:" John, what are you doing now? I have bad and good news. Which one should I start with? "I said that I want to hear good news. He: "Can you sit down?" I sat down. "So the good news is that you will fight in the UFC. You have been signed. " And my heart fell, palms sweated, I was so happy! Then he asked: "What bad news?" "The bad news is that the fight in two weeks. We need to prepare. " And I began to jump with excitement. These two weeks every day I did as much cardio as I could. Three trainings a day. Two weeks later I had a disgusting technique, but I was in great shape. I won because I had a lot of energy. I had no other choice. I had to take the chance. After all, I lived in the basement and earned $ 100 a week.

- When did you last speak with Dana White (UFC president - "Match TV")?

"Maybe a month ago." I called him to congratulate my son on his birthday. And we talked with him on July 19, on my birthday. He called me and wished a happy holiday and posted a congratulatory message in his instagram. Our relationship with Dana is very good.

- You twice defeated a very strong base fighter Daniel Cormier - what would you advise Conor McGregor in a fight with the base fighter Habib Nurmegomedov?

- I would advise Conor to make sure that he is sure that his cardio is at the proper level. It is necessary to do the best cardio, as possible. Be confident that his stand is dangerous and poses a threat. Be ready for you to fall. We need to focus not only on our strengths, but also on our shortcomings and turn them into an advantage. And be ready to get up quickly when the opportunity arises.

- If Habib were 100 kg and you had to fight, what would be your gameplay against him?

- ABOUT! It's simple and easy. Just kidding. If I had fought against Habib, I would have dropped into a low rack and would constantly create the threat of long strikes: jabs, crosses and all that.

- Habib has never been down. Can you imagine that Conor will send him there?

- Yes. Conor has a serious power. He constantly drops people. He has the power to knock out Habib. I do not root for Conor and I do not root for Habib. I'm just rooting for this fight.

- You started with the fight and football. What was at your first drill training session?

- I from the first time got on the day of sparring.

- Were you afraid?

- No no no. I was excited. I was a fighter. I had one-on-one bouts, only without kicking and kicking. I came to the first training session, and many were unhappy with me, because I beat too much. When you start teaching shock technology, you should not make sparring with your friends. Everything you do first, you do with 100 percent energy. And I did all sorts of twisters and other crazy things that I saw on the TV. I did it 100 percent. And people had to teach me how to be quieter, to fight smarter, not so hard. I remember that I was asked: "Where did you train before you came here?" And I said: "I've never studied boxing before!"

UFC has released a good number of people on suspension so it's not that unlikely. Plus Jon is innocent.

<JonesLaugh>

I'd watch a 240lb roided up Jones can crush in Japan.

- My children should go to school at 8:15. So I wake up at about 8, and that's enough for me to pack. When my children are at school, I watch movies with my lady, plus lots of sex and all sorts of housework.

This must be a joke article..

https://www.theonion.com

Cliffs
Jones talks briefly about his training
says his toughest training partner is some dagestani
he has a good relationship with Dana
he lives in ABQ and trained last friday (russian style)
He has collected his evidence and submitted it to USADA and is waiting on result
If USADA bans him he wants to fight oveseas
He''s got a lot of money adn he either spends it or saves it a lot but not as much as he used to
plus he likes to mate often

I was gonna make a joke about roided up Jones but then I realized that's just regular Jones, last time dude was clean was when they took that 3rd place wrestling tournament pic <DC-Champ>

Cliffs
Jones talks briefly about his training
says his toughest training partner is some dagestani
he has a good relationship with Dana
he lives in ABQ and trained last friday (russian style)
He has collected his evidence and submitted it to USADA and is waiting on result
If USADA bans him he wants to fight oveseas
plus he likes to mate often

UFC has released a good number of people on suspension so it's not that unlikely. Plus Jon is innocent.

<JonesLaugh>

nah, theyve stopped doing that after Cro Cop went off and fought in Japan while suspended.

Theyve let a few go that were just clusterfucks, Abreu, and a couple of others, but everyone is being made to sit out their suspensions now. Look at Lawlor.. got kept on contract for the entire duration.

- When did you last speak with Dana White (UFC president - "Match TV")?

"Maybe a month ago." I called him to congratulate my son on his birthday.
Dafuq?
He called Dana to say "It's my son's birthday, please congratulate him" :confused:

Back