News Jon Jones finally speaks: Not fighting Francis "would leave a lot of money on the table"

Yep - no shit. Dude- fight someone, you're Jon Jones and made this ado about heavy. You're getting paid - no matter.If Franny is the biggest pay day , lets be reasonable. I mean, I for one , dont begrudge u for whatever is agreed upon. Good for u - lets get something done.

I'm a huge Bones fan and consider him to be the GOAT

however, Cyril Gane is going to destroy the massively overrated Ngannou, so what will happen is the UFC (Dana White) will lowball Jones and they will not come to an agreement regarding pay

So it's going to be more of the same shit next year

Jon Jones is basically retired unless Francis somehow wins with his limited skillset, I don't even think the bald goof will lowball Jones on that one considering it could break PPV records

He's obviously not getting that much, and he knows it. Just a starting point. And if Francis beats Gane and fights Jon after, that'd be well over a million PPV buys.
Neither guy is a million seller, especially not Ngannou. So why are you so confident in saying that Jones will sell more than he ever has? There is no legit reason to put forth that point of view as if it’s an actual fact.

And if it was a fact. Why wouldn’t Jones just accept points like Conor or Khabib? Neither of those guys ever got paid more than $6M up front. Jones said $12M was much too low. Come on now.

I just want Jones to fight anyone at this point, he ruin soo many potential big fights and his career with all the stuff he done outside the fight game.

I’m starting to wonder with the time to get back into the USADA pool, could this all just be buying time for Jon to juice? I’m sure there’s a way to see who’s being tested, has Jon done any tests this year? I’m on phone and CBF looking, but I’d believe that more than he somehow avoided a lifetime ban. Like he retired or got out of the testing pool while he makes his transition.
Well he has, and is being tested in 2021. That’s not my contention. It’s that there might be shady shit with a third USADA infraction. Which is supposed to be a lifetime ban.

I don’t trust any of it, considering the rules and protocols they have changed or broken just for Jones.

I’m convinced he's on suspension and they chose not to disclose it to the public.

Well he has, and is being tested in 2021. That’s not my contention. It’s that there might be shady shit with a third USADA infraction. Which is supposed to be a lifetime ban.

I don’t trust any of it, considering the rules and protocols they have changed or broken just for Jones.
I still think that’s far too risky for such big companies to dabble in. I think the ufc is corrupt, but I picture them tall talking to Jon about how many cycles he needs and time aftern to test clean, and how he can retire to avoid popping. Maybe the tests showing on usada are them recording tests that even if he’s dirty won’t matter as he’s retired???
It just seems really dangerous for me to a company to avoid banning someone for an infraction, because if they have ever (I honestly don’t know) or do ever lifetime ban someone and this shit comes out I’m sure there’s something coming their way. Anyway I’m just speculating, I’m out of my head. Hope you enjoyed my conspiracy theory

Neither guy is a million seller, especially not Ngannou. So why are you so confident in saying that Jones will sell more than he ever has? There is no legit reason to put forth that point of view as if it’s an actual fact.

And if it was a fact. Why wouldn’t Jones just accept points like Conor or Khabib? Neither of those guys ever got paid more than $6M up front. Jones said $12M was much too low. Come on now.
Jon just said that the increase in his pay would be mostly PPV based, so he is doing what Conor and Khabib have. Schaefer and Dana have been talking, and Jon seems onboard with this. He said that his days of bitching on Twitter are done.

What you said about the fight not doing a million is logical, and if you were Dana, it'd certainly be a point you could bring to the table in a negotiation. I just think that the marketability is off the charts with it, and even Jon said he'd work to market it more himself. Who knows? Maybe they'll strategize and stage something? Idk. Maybe it would do that well, maybe it wouldn't. Me thinking it would is just my instinct. If you want to dismiss it, no problem.

2:35 - Right now I'm 255 ... goal is to get up to 270 lb.

What on Earth? Why would he want to get up to 270?

Not fighting for two years leaves money on the table as well.

<mma3>

How come his traps are more developed than the rest of him? hmmmmmm....

He's 34 and been sitting out for a year and a half and plans to show up 50 lbs heavier than his last fight? I don't think this is going to go very well for him.
The last 2 HW champs were 39 years old.
DC got gold in his late 30s and is arguable the best HW ever

In the midst of ducking Francis and the new blood @ LHW hes peppering for the Gane duck as well

jOneS iS duKcing EvyerYone!!

He's been ducking since that Chael fight and he keeps winning somehow!

Back