Joe: "KO'ing people doesn't feel good" Masvidal: "I never felt something this good"

Never felt something this good???

Masvidal a virgin confirmed.

Love that gif. The peaceful squeeze on the jaw, the gentle drip-drip-drip of blood from the inside of the loser's head followed by his harmonious tap, signalling the peaceful encounter can now come to a halt.
i like the CGI style blood
<{JustBleed}>

Last edited:
It's almost as good a feeling as when you spot a beautiful majestic wild animal and blow it's brains out for no reason just because you can

Jorge fights and joe doesn't. Are you really confused?
Joe competed in Tae Kwon Do as a teen. The man is 50 and is in broadcasting/comedy.
Jorge is actively fighting and ranked top 5 in the world in mma.
Lol... I knew this was gonna happen.

It is quite obvious what Joe's doing nowadays. As you just mention, Joe competed Tae Kwon Do while being younger and got to experience how does it feels to Knocked people Out. His humble opinion says that it doesn't feel good to do that... are you with me? So he got the right to say what it feels to him to KO'ed people. Don't need to have a MMA fighter license to argue about it... ok. you still with me here??

So, taking the OP that I quote early:
Masvidals a real fighters, Joe is not...

In which I tried to get an explanation, but I got nothing from him, yours isn't really the best.., what you have to understand is that actually it doesn't need to work that way since some fighters don't really enjoy to hurt (KO'd) people...

Yes, Masvidal is a fighter and yes he feels sooo good knocking people out (I don't judge him BTW), But, let's put some examples of different current fighters:
  • Demian Maia (current MMA fighter) fights and really tries to inflict as less pain as he can while fighting. But he's a fighter right, I mean, he beat Masvidal?
  • Canelo Alvarez (current boxer) a man with vicious KO's on his resume, he frequently concerns about the health of his opponents after knocked them out "out cold". We can call him a fighter, right?
So, what do we learn here?

Joe has described this in detail many times in his podcasts. That's the difference between real "fighters" and normal people. A tiny % of people are real "fighters". They are a different breed. Guys like like Masvidal and Dan Henderson are not normal people.
I'm not necessarily agreed with what Joe described about it... Being not normal people like Jorge or Hendo doesn't justify that you have to feel good for knocking people out. That doesn't make you a fighter.

I'm not necessarily agreed with what Joe described about it... Being not normal people like Jorge or Hendo doesn't justify that you have to feel good for knocking people out. That doesn't make you a fighter.
It makes you well suited for it.

Joe reminds me of 18 year old me. Few years training and some smokers or glorified sparring matches and he slowly creeps up on how experienced he actually is. Originally he had a few tkd matches, now he's talking about when he "retired" and his reasons.

Dude was never a fucking fighter and just lives vicariously through his platform to pretend he is. Bet he's been in no actual fights, a few tkd matches in his twenties and that's it.

Seriously, go back and listen to him 10 years ago. He now talks about himself like he's some ex pro, it's disgusting.

Joe has proven he doesn't have a fighters mind set.
He even admitted to quitting after getting KO'd

It's scary shit losing like that but fighters just push through those mental barriers
Plus Finishing somebody is an absolute amazing feeling.
To paraphrase Yogi Berra, fighting is 90% mental and the other half is physical.

Joe reminds me of 18 year old me. Few years training and some smokers or glorified sparring matches and he slowly creeps up on how experienced he actually is. Originally he had a few tkd matches, now he's talking about when he "retired" and his reasons.

Dude was never a fucking fighter and just lives vicariously through his platform to pretend he is. Bet he's been in no actual fights, a few tkd matches in his twenties and that's it.

Seriously, go back and listen to him 10 years ago. He now talks about himself like he's some ex pro, it's disgusting.
I disagree. He basically says fighting wasnt for him.

I and others were responding to people commenting in this thread accusing Joe of not being a fighter, not whether or not all fighters feel good about knocking someone out.

I always worry about my opponent with a KO to enjoy it. Mentally and physically breaking someone is a better feeling imo.

Being KO’d is much easier to get over. Y

Back