Joe: "KO'ing people doesn't feel good" Masvidal: "I never felt something this good"

Since we have all KOd people we should discuss this with our expert opinions like joe

Yep, I'm still wating for that answer too... Let's see.
Jorge fights and joe doesn't. Are you really confused?
Joe competed in Tae Kwon Do as a teen. The man is 50 and is in broadcasting/comedy.
Jorge is actively fighting and ranked top 5 in the world in mma.

Joe Rogan is irrelevant in 99% of the topics he intervenes in. Let that sink in for a minute.

Different strokes for different folks. Maia prides himself on tapping guys in a peaceful manner.

jyBAkNd.gif

I understand both narratives if i'm being honest.
Yes. There is nothing wrong with either. But it is better for you as a fighter to have absolutely no mercy. For that is the nature of combat. You can feel bad later,but you cant hesitate in the fight.

Different strokes for different folks. Maia prides himself on tapping guys in a peaceful manner.

jyBAkNd.gif
That has to do with his style,an extension of his personally

Joe Rogan continuing to prove he has less credibility than Stephen A Smith

KOing someone you don't know and don't have a problem with, yeah I guess I can see Joe's point. But putting someone's lights out that you do not like at all? Masvidal is absolutely right.

Masvidal KO's people all the time in his day to day life. Chael was telling a story about it the other day.

“And, Jorge is in a club, he was wearing a chain, gold chain necklace. I think he had a nice watch on or something, but these two guys walk up to him, that Jorge doesn’t know, and one of them like, flicks the necklace, like reaches down and flicks it. So, Jorge doesn’t know how to interpret that, but thinks that these guys are going to rob him. So Jorge knocks the one guy out that touched the necklace, and turns with a hook and knocks out the other guy. Now if you ever hear a story about, ‘Yeah, I was at a club and I knocked two guys out with two punches,’ You’ve now met a liar.

“Except if that guy is Jorge Masvidal. So, Jorge knocks these two guys out and decides he has to lay low while this scene is unfolding, so he ducks into the bathroom. So when Jorge goes into the bathroom, a guy comes into the bathroom right behind him. So in Jorge’s mind he’s like, ‘I don’t know if this guy who just came into the bathroom is with those two other guys,’ So Jorge knocks that guy out. So the question becomes, Jorge, why did you knock the guy out in the bathroom?

“What if he wasn’t with them? What if he had nothing to do with it at all, he was a patron, and went to use the restroom? Jorge said, ‘I couldn’t take the risk.’ That was the answer. I could not take the risk.”

jyBAkNd.gif
Love that gif. The peaceful squeeze on the jaw, the gentle drip-drip-drip of blood from the inside of the loser's head followed by his harmonious tap, signalling the peaceful encounter can now come to a halt.

Seems like a pretty standard case of people being individuals with different thoughts and feelings about stuff.
More of that damn human stuff. Now can we all ask the other question: How does it feel to KO yourself? Can we get Grey Maynard in here to chime in please?

Masvidal KO's people all the time in his day to day life. Chael was telling a story about it the other day.

“And, Jorge is in a club, he was wearing a chain, gold chain necklace. I think he had a nice watch on or something, but these two guys walk up to him, that Jorge doesn’t know, and one of them like, flicks the necklace, like reaches down and flicks it. So, Jorge doesn’t know how to interpret that, but thinks that these guys are going to rob him. So Jorge knocks the one guy out that touched the necklace, and turns with a hook and knocks out the other guy. Now if you ever hear a story about, ‘Yeah, I was at a club and I knocked two guys out with two punches,’ You’ve now met a liar.

“Except if that guy is Jorge Masvidal. So, Jorge knocks these two guys out and decides he has to lay low while this scene is unfolding, so he ducks into the bathroom. So when Jorge goes into the bathroom, a guy comes into the bathroom right behind him. So in Jorge’s mind he’s like, ‘I don’t know if this guy who just came into the bathroom is with those two other guys,’ So Jorge knocks that guy out. So the question becomes, Jorge, why did you knock the guy out in the bathroom?

“What if he wasn’t with them? What if he had nothing to do with it at all, he was a patron, and went to use the restroom? Jorge said, ‘I couldn’t take the risk.’ That was the answer. I could not take the risk.”
I used to not like Masvidal due to his habit of coasting and losing close decisions he could've won if he had stepped on the gas pedal a little bit more. After that fight with Stephen Thompson it seems like him taking the time off and coming back has his fire lit. I don't know how much success he'll continue to have but I like the fact he's actually going for it.

in 2008 joe would argue MMA not dangerous; but then few years ago he went full CTE concerned and has been concerned about damage since

I mean look at Uriah hall, after he ko’d Adam cella he was never the same even with some championship level ability koing people scares him

Yes. There is nothing wrong with either. But it is better for you as a fighter to have absolutely no mercy. For that is the nature of combat. You can feel bad later,but you cant hesitate in the fight.
Yep. 100% spot on. In the moment I had the killer instinct and wanted to hurt my opponent. Like you said, you have to, it’s either you beat their ass or they beat yours. After the fight is when you feel bad

{<huh}

What exactly did you mean ?
Joe has described this in detail many times in his podcasts. That's the difference between real "fighters" and normal people. A tiny % of people are real "fighters". They are a different breed. Guys like like Masvidal and Dan Henderson are not normal people.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back