Joe: "KO'ing people doesn't feel good" Masvidal: "I never felt something this good"

Someone quote Joe digging on Stephen A. Smith about the sport not needing him because he can't relate.

Joeseph Rogan... YOU ARE NOT A FIGHTER.

Joe wants to have his cake and eat it: I KO people but it feels bad. It's a way to make it seem like you're not bragging.

He is not a fighter.

Jorge has been fighting professionally for over 15 years and been fighting on the streets since he was a child. Joe has never fought professionally and has never talked about his past experiences with street altercations or similar situations. I'm not sure what you're confused about and why you're so mad people are saying Joe is not a fighter (he clearly admits in several interviews he's not the fighter type).

Wait.......this actually needs explained to people?

<Huh2>

Knocking someone out FEELS FUCKING GREAT

I haven’t been in a fight outside of a sporting context since I was a kid, but knocking someone out cold in the ring (or cage) is a unique feeling in sports. The only thing that I could imagine was close to it would be scoring a ‘golden goal’ in football. It’s an exclamation point and an instant finish that most sports just don’t have.

I can genuinely say that I never really spared a thought for my opponent unless it was in sparring, in which case it was pretty much my only thought.

Lol... I knew this was gonna happen.

It is quite obvious what Joe's doing nowadays. As you just mention, Joe competed Tae Kwon Do while being younger and got to experience how does it feels to Knocked people Out. His humble opinion says that it doesn't feel good to do that... are you with me? So he got the right to say what it feels to him to KO'ed people. Don't need to have a MMA fighter license to argue about it... ok. you still with me here??

So, taking the OP that I quote early:

In which I tried to get an explanation, but I got nothing from him, yours isn't really the best.., what you have to understand is that actually it doesn't need to work that way since some fighters don't really enjoy to hurt (KO'd) people...

Yes, Masvidal is a fighter and yes he feels sooo good knocking people out (I don't judge him BTW), But, let's put some examples of different current fighters:
  • Demian Maia (current MMA fighter) fights and really tries to inflict as less pain as he can while fighting. But he's a fighter right, I mean, he beat Masvidal?
  • Canelo Alvarez (current boxer) a man with vicious KO's on his resume, he frequently concerns about the health of his opponents after knocked them out "out cold". We can call him a fighter, right?
So, what do we learn here?
I agree with this. We learned nothing about why some fighters enjoy it and others don't.

It doesnt feel good KOing nobodys at local kickboxing matches at a high school gym Joe.

it feels amazing doing it in front of millions of people.

you aren't the brightest....the question was WHY
Certainly brighter than you, for sure. And WHY... is quite obvious, they're all different. Don't need to argue more about it.

Joe has proven he doesn't have a fighters mind set.
He even admitted to quitting after getting KO'd

It's scary shit losing like that but fighters just push through those mental barriers
Plus Finishing somebody is an absolute amazing feeling.
I agree. I enjoyed all my wins, which were all striking affairs. I never hated an opponent. I never trashed talked or did anything to antagonize them, but it's not like I was beating up an unwilling victim. These guys were trying to do the same to me. It's mutual.

I got the breaks beaten off me and it's not like I wanted any sympathy from the guy that did it. It's the nature of combat sports. Someone has to win and someone has to lose and you need acceptance for both. If you feel bad from winning via KO, combat sports definitely aren't for you.

Back