Joe: "KO'ing people doesn't feel good" Masvidal: "I never felt something this good"

I fought about 5 amateur fights. Two of my four wins were by tko/KO. It’s a great feeling in the exact moment, but once the adrenaline starts wearing off and you realize you actually hurt another human. That’s a weird feeling tbh

Gotta disagree Joe...
Knocking an opponent out feels great. One of the purest highs I’ve ever experienced. Some people just get off on violence man.
There is a small feeling of guilt afterwords, but you quickly justify it with “hey, he was trying to do the same.”
Joe isn’t a fighter, he’s an actor that does martial arts

Now knocking someone out in the street doesn’t feel great. The sound of skull hitting cement is very sobering.

Wait, you're Schopenhauer and go on and tell us about anything other than the miseries of life?
giphy.gif

That's why I am the smiling Schopenhauer ... sort of like the smiling Buddha :)

"...not because you just knocked the person out" 1:18 minutes in.

He's talking about hard work and prep paying off. Context.

I KO'ed one person ever in a bar fight. Dude was drunk and him and his equally drunk buddies had been obnoxious all night. Eventually, when he groped my then girlfriend, now wife, on her way to the bathroom I confronted him, he spat in my face and laughed. I've never felt such rage and hatred in my life and I just snapped and hit him. He was snoring, and I left. I felt sick and guilty about it for days. It was a really horrible feeling.

Never knocked anyone out in competition. That's probably a different feeling?

When I played hockey, catching someone with his head down and fucking him up felt as good as scoring a goal.

This guy has really started to turn into a ghetto trash talking clown. All because he knocked out a couple of overrated nobodies.

Lmfao what does Joe Rogan know about KO’ing ppl?? Fucking poser fuck this guy

Lol. There are a ton of “real fighters” who don’t like the aspect of hurting their opponents.
I took his meaning as “Rogan has maybe never knocked anyone out, his opinion on what it feels like isn’t worth as much as someone who has”

It's more personality and context than anything. I fell bad about hurting opponents. But I have broken cheek bones, ribs and someone's jaw and not felt bad about it.

I KO'ed one person ever in a bar fight. Dude was drunk and him and his equally drunk buddies had been obnoxious all night. Eventually, when he groped my then girlfriend, now wife, on her way to the bathroom I confronted him, he spat in my face and laughed. I've never felt such rage and hatred in my life and I just snapped and hit him. He was snoring, and I left. I felt sick and guilty about it for days. It was a really horrible feeling.

Damn, you are a pussy... but you did good

Been in plenty of fights as a kid, never lost a fair fight, (been jumped a few times) anyway, in my case i generally hated the people i fought, and dropping them felt good, but i don't think i could enjoy hurting someone i dont know, or dont hate.

KO’ing someone random doesn’t feel good unless you have a micro penis.

KO’ing a curly haired wrestler who’s been insulting you for months for 100K probably feels really good

I've given this some more thought. If you're a fighter standing toe-to-toe, getting peppered with shots, and you land something perfect in the exchange, then I'll bet getting a knockout victory feels pretty good in that circumstance.

Seems like a pretty standard case of people being individuals with different thoughts and feelings about stuff.

Much different feeling,
What you had was real human emotion and conscience. No fault there my man.

When you have been training to beat someone and you know the other guy signed up to be there too, trust me it feels a lot better.

Back