Elections Joe Biden’s brother says family members voted for Trump, ‘felt slighted’ by Clinton: report

Her platform was solid. It was that of a liberal capitalist technocrat. And basically all of the substantive criticisms of her policies that I've seen from the right are made, however shamelessly, using left-wing critiques: that she was too much of a war monger, that she was too friendly with Wall Street (not nearly as friendly as Trump or even in the same conversation), that she wasn't full-throated in embracing UHC (but wouldn't have tried passing a plan that threw millions off healthcare and increased average prices and decreased standards of care), etc. None of those criticisms make any sense, though, when the alternative is considerably worse in the same way.

But I agree that her "let shooting victims be able to sue gun manufacturers" as pretty silly. But it would never have any chance of going anywhere.

Yawn.

Literally the only area where Clinton seemed to be beating the war drum more than Trump was on Iran....and she wouldn't have been nearly as hawkish and reckless as Trump has been in tearing up the nuclear agreement. Before that, Republicans have been exponentially more hawkish (Eisenhower, Nixon, GWB, Reagan) than Democrats (JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama).

As a liberal you like it.

As center right I didn’t .

If you cared about America, you voted trump.

And you feel pretty damn good about it.

<13>

As a liberal you like it.

As center right I didn’t .

In most of the developed world Clinton would be center-right. And, like I said, I haven't seen any actual criticisms on this board of Clinton's policies from a rightward posture (other than ones that are blatantly dishonest like "open borders"). Clinton's economic policies, which Americans claim to care deeply about, are much more detailed and comprehensive than Trump's, much more popular than Trump's (his actual policies, not his rhetorical policies), and to the right of moderate mid-century conservatives like Eisenhower and Nixon.

Joe Biden’s brother says family members voted for Trump, ‘felt slighted’ by Clinton: report

Frank Biden, younger sibling of former Vice President Joe Biden, reportedly said that some members of the family “felt slighted” by 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and instead decided to cast their ballots for Donald Trump.

The former U.S. leader’s brother took aim at the Clinton team’s campaign strategy during an interview with The Palm Beach Post. Frank told the outlet, in the report posted Monday that he believed if his brother had run at the time, he would’ve secured states that Clinton lost.

“We never would have lost Pennsylvania, and all my relatives — the Finnegan family — who voted for Donald Trump because they felt slighted by Hillary and her campaign,” Biden said. “We never would have not gone to Michigan as the campaign decided not to do because they felt entitled to the votes of those people.

“Assumptive politics is losing politics,” he said. “You have to work for every single vote and people have to know individually, collectively and severally that you care about them, that they’re important.”

Clinton visited Michigan shortly before the election, although she ultimately did not win the state.

Biden announced in 2015 that he would not be running for president.

But Frank thinks that could be different this time around.

“I think we’re going to run,” Biden told The Post. “You can say that ‘Frank thinks his brother’s going to run.’ Now, he could surprise me. But I know the family’s behind him 100 percent.”

So far, Biden has not said whether he'll run but has been rumored as a potential candidate. The family is expected to meet “very soon” about the matter, after which he'll decide, his brother told The Post.

“I believe Joe should run. I’m urging him to run and have been for a long, long time,” he told the outlet.

The Democratic Party is left with a nearly “existential” choice, Frank said.

“Who do you think that the disaffected Republicans and the disaffected Democrats that we need to win over to win Pennsylvania, to win Michigan, to win Wisconsin, to win Ohio, to win Florida — as a strictly Machiavellian question, who is best positioned to win those folks back?” he said.

Great example of the Biden brain trust: Vote for the opposing party out of spite if you think your candidate ran an entitled campaign. What a bunch of fucking maroons. Joe needs to stay on the golf course at the country club and keep the hell away from 2020.

Can't blame him....

Hillary was a shit candidate , who ran a shit campaign, who advocated shit policies.
And she couldn't have come off more fake , at least Trump's pandering to the working class was believable

In most of the developed world Clinton would be center-right. And, like I said, I haven't seen any actual criticisms on this board of Clinton's policies from a rightward posture (other than ones that are blatantly dishonest like "open borders"). Clinton's economic policies, which Americans claim to care deeply about, are much more detailed and comprehensive than Trump's, much more popular than Trump's (his actual policies, not his rhetorical policies), and to the right of moderate mid-century conservatives like Eisenhower and Nixon.

Like I said I’m center right and I don’t totally disagree with all of the platform but much of it especially socially and constitutionaly was too far left for me.

If democrates moved more to the center right on some things there most likely be one I would vote for.

Cool, so the family is comprised of a bunch of vain, self-absorbed boners then.

Maybe.

Definitely

lol no

I doubt a single person on this board could point to a policy of Clinton's that was less informed, less likely to succeed, or otherwise inferior to Trump's policy on that issue.

The only people who say Clinton had bad policies are people who don't actually care about policies and just use it the term as a stand-in for how they feel about the candidate's personality.

Hillary being superior Trump doesn't mean her policies weren't shit. Hillary is the most reviled person by the liberal base.

Her platform was solid. It was that of a liberal capitalist technocrat. And basically all of the substantive criticisms of her policies that I've seen from the right are made, however shamelessly, using left-wing critiques: that she was too much of a war monger, that she was too friendly with Wall Street (not nearly as friendly as Trump or even in the same conversation), that she wasn't full-throated in embracing UHC (but wouldn't have tried passing a plan that threw millions off healthcare and increased average prices and decreased standards of care), etc. None of those criticisms make any sense, though, when the alternative is considerably worse in the same way.

But I agree that her "let shooting victims be able to sue gun manufacturers" as pretty silly. But it would never have any chance of going anywhere.

Yawn.

Literally the only area where Clinton seemed to be beating the war drum more than Trump was on Iran....and she wouldn't have been nearly as hawkish and reckless as Trump has been in tearing up the nuclear agreement. Before that, Republicans have been exponentially more hawkish (Eisenhower, Nixon, GWB, Reagan) than Democrats (JFK, LBJ, Carter, Clinton, Obama).

Trump was th anti war candidate in the race. Bring home all troops, close down the hundreds of bases around the world, make allies pay for our military protection, don't start new wars.

Clinton on the other hand, never found a war or military aggression she didn't vote for. She loves death. Cackled like the demon witch that she is when she supported destroying Libya as a nation. She's a bloodthirsty monster. And you have no problems supporting that.

Real leftists vote green anti war, bc they are anti war .

You on the other hand, show that hypocrisy has no bounds

Last edited:
How do we know this has nothing to do with any family members or friends of the family being creepily felt up by Joe?

They voted for a candidate who was diametrically opposed to Biden policy-wise, and objectively unqualified and less knowledgeable, on the basis of hurt ego.

Nice straw man, though.
There's no qualifications for being president. All you have to be is American born, over 35, and able to win the electoral college. The last criterion means Hilary, the two-time loser, is patently and objectively unqualified for the job.

In the future, people will see Trump as having been a necessary evil.

There's no qualifications for being president. All you have to be is American born, over 35, and able to win the electoral college. The last criterion means Hilary, the two-time loser, is patently and objectively unqualified for the job.

You're right.

A 35 year old janitor with a fifth grade reading level and no political experience is every bit as qualified as a 55 year-old 5-term Senator, Yale Law graduate, former Secretary of Defense.

Yeah. Nothing matters ever: the new conservative ethos.

If you cared about America, you voted trump.

And you feel pretty damn good about it.

<13>

Shocked that Palis liked this post. I thought he was a liberal who had his head attached to nancy's starfish <Moves>

Glen it's these type of votes that undercut the idea that Trump being elected means his policy positions have support.

Scott, I have no clue why you're bringing that up. I just put this story up 'cause it's an interesting read and, I admit, the title of it kind of GRABS your attention. :p

Trump was th anti war candidate in the race. Bring home all troops, close down the hundreds of bases around the world, make allies pay for our military protection, don't start new wars.

Clinton on the other hand, never found a war or military aggression she didn't vote for. She loves death. Cackled like the demon witch that she is when she supported destroying Libya as a nation. She's a bloodthirsty monster. And you have no problems supporting that.

Real leftists vote green anti war, bc they are anti war .

You on the other hand, show that hypocrisy has no bounds

Her death laughs were creepy. Legit psychopath levels of murderous creepy.

LMAO at the pathetic white knights carrying Cankle's colostomy bag.
Biggest loser of a candidate we've seen in a long long time.

Joe Biden’s brother says family members voted for Trump, ‘felt slighted’ by Clinton: report

Frank Biden, younger sibling of former Vice President Joe Biden, reportedly said that some members of the family “felt slighted” by 2016 Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton and instead decided to cast their ballots for Donald Trump.

The former U.S. leader’s brother took aim at the Clinton team’s campaign strategy during an interview with The Palm Beach Post. Frank told the outlet, in the report posted Monday that he believed if his brother had run at the time, he would’ve secured states that Clinton lost.

“We never would have lost Pennsylvania, and all my relatives — the Finnegan family — who voted for Donald Trump because they felt slighted by Hillary and her campaign,” Biden said. “We never would have not gone to Michigan as the campaign decided not to do because they felt entitled to the votes of those people.

“Assumptive politics is losing politics,” he said. “You have to work for every single vote and people have to know individually, collectively and severally that you care about them, that they’re important.”

Clinton visited Michigan shortly before the election, although she ultimately did not win the state.

Biden announced in 2015 that he would not be running for president.

But Frank thinks that could be different this time around.

“I think we’re going to run,” Biden told The Post. “You can say that ‘Frank thinks his brother’s going to run.’ Now, he could surprise me. But I know the family’s behind him 100 percent.”

So far, Biden has not said whether he'll run but has been rumored as a potential candidate. The family is expected to meet “very soon” about the matter, after which he'll decide, his brother told The Post.

“I believe Joe should run. I’m urging him to run and have been for a long, long time,” he told the outlet.

The Democratic Party is left with a nearly “existential” choice, Frank said.

“Who do you think that the disaffected Republicans and the disaffected Democrats that we need to win over to win Pennsylvania, to win Michigan, to win Wisconsin, to win Ohio, to win Florida — as a strictly Machiavellian question, who is best positioned to win those folks back?” he said.

Glen it's these type of votes that undercut the idea that Trump being elected means his policy positions have support.

Scott, I have no clue why you're bringing that up. I just put this story up 'cause it's an interesting read and, I admit, the title of it kind of GRABS your attention. :p

Because it's a conversation we've had in multiple threads so I'm pointing out that people voting for Trump for this reason is why you can't look at elected=policy support.

You're right.

A 35 year old janitor with a fifth grade reading level and no political experience is every bit as qualified as a 55 year-old 5-term Senator, Yale Law graduate, former Secretary of Defense.

Yeah. Nothing matters ever: the new conservative ethos.
Qualification is the wrong word. To be a doctor you have to go to medical school. To be a lawyer you have to pass the bar. Those are qualifications. For president there is nothing analogous.

Example: Dick Cheney was Vice President. You wouldn't vote him if he was running against a dead cat. See my point? Maybe I'm being a semantic cunt. You can say that if you want. I can take it...

Back