Jiri the Techno Viking vs Jones? Who takes this?

Azor

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I searched for a previous thread, but it seemed to imply Jiri would already defeat Jones, which I think is dumb.

Honestly right now, I think Jones is in a position where is so comfortably dominant as LHW goat. Is it to the point he overlooks Jiri? I don't know. That's what makes this match up so crazy, Jiri is as big as him, but younger, and way hungrier. I wonder what Jones thought of the Reyes fight with him, has he said anything about Jiri yet?

What I mean by hungrier? Remember when Jones replaced Rashad and then beat Shogun for the title? I mean, that hungry. Jiri looks like he is in that position now, whereas Jones seems comfortable thinking is the the dominant champ that nobody can step it up to. Which makes for one hell of an intriguing fight.

Well, like most I think if Jones can take him to the ground, he takes this, but if Jiri keep getting up and puts a pace on Jones like he can't imagine... it's gonna be ugly.

Last edited:
Oh and another point I want to make.

Jiri arguably executed all of Jones best finishes in one single KO.

Spinning Elbow making the guy hit the floor to KO, leaving him almost like a corpse, like Machida.

It's like he did the spinning elbow on Stephan, but it killed someone.

Can you imagine being Jones?

"okay bro, who you wanna fight? Jiri the techno viking? Or Francis the literal predator from the movies in the flesh, Ngannou?"

Both options fucking suck, I don't blame him for sitting out this long. Pick your fucking poison.

Jiri today could most definitely beat Jones. Jones lost 3-2 to Reyes, Jiri knocked him dead.

Jones doesn't wrestle anymore, I have no idea why people even bring it up.

I have no problem admitting a younger Jon Jones would easily dismantle Jiri, but this modern day Jones is very underwhelming.

Jiri wins the public mmanswers and media votes, Jon Jones wins the judge decision

Jiri today could most definitely beat Jones. Jones lost 3-2 to Reyes, Jiri knocked him dead.

I have no problem admitting a younger Jon Jones would easily dismantle Jiri, but this modern day Jones is very underwhelming.
I wouldn't rule Jones out, but would definitely be a struggle. I see Jiri overwhelming Jones with his insane pace, unless Jones catches him which... I doubt,

I wouldn't rule Jones out, but would definitely be a struggle. I see Jiri overwhelming Jones with his insane pace, unless Jones catches him which... I doubt,
I think Jiri has the tools to finish any man on earth. His offense is awesome - he attacks the head, body and legs all equally and Jones doesn't have the punching power to deter him.

I feel so bad for Reyes, dude's face got fucked and he landed on it as well. Hope he recovers someday.

That's why Jiri is so fucking scary, he did this fucking standing..... no flying fucking knee to the face from a jumping distance, but a very sneaky spinning elbow.

I searched for a previous thread, but it seemed to imply Jiri would already defeat Jones, which I think is dumb.

Honestly right now, I think Jones is in a position where is so comfortably dominant as LHW goat. Is it to the point he overlooks Jiri? I don't know. That's what makes this match up so crazy, Jiri is as big as him, but younger, and way hungrier. I wonder what Jones thought of the Reyes fight with him, has he said anything about Jiri yet?

What I mean by hungrier? Remember when Jones replaced Rashad and then beat Shogun for the title? I mean, that hungry. Jiri looks like he is in that position now, whereas Jones seems comfortable thinking is the the dominant champ that nobody can step it up to. Which makes for one hell of an intriguing fight.

Well, like most I think if Jones can take him to the ground, he takes this, but if Jiri keep getting up and puts a pace on Jones like he can't imagine... it's gonna be ugly.

Jiri the punching bag guy?

Can you imagine being Jones?

"okay bro, who you wanna fight? Jiri the techno viking? Or Francis the literal predator from the movies in the flesh, Ngannou?"

Both options fucking suck, I don't blame him for sitting out this long. Pick your fucking poison.

Jones can wrestle. He’s too small to wrestle Nganou but he can comfortably 49-46 jiri

Jones can wrestle. He’s too small to wrestle Nganou but he can comfortably 49-46 jiri
I would agree, but Stipe has less credentials and wrestle fucked Ngannou in the first fight so bad. People seem to forget it happened, which is a shame.

Jiri via 2nd rd KO

Jiri via 2nd rd KO
I think Jones will be too proud to take it to the ground, and end up standing with Jiri until he can't handle it or vice versa and he relies on his wrestling.

I got nothing against Jones, dude is a beast but Jiri is younger, and scarier imo. It would be different if Jiri was smaller than him, but he isn't.

Edit: goddamn, Reyes chin is legendary to take all that damage. That's insane and almost even won at one point. Whew.

Jiri looks flashy like a movie star, but this will fit right into Jones' strengths imo. You mustn't fight recklessly against Jones or he will exploit that. JIri doesn't seem very fast and his cardio might be questionable. Do we know how good his tdd/grappling/wrassling is, you don't want Jones taking you down...

he doesn't wrestle anymore because he can't. he tried to wrestle Santos and got his takedowns stuffed by a guy 40 yr old Glover Texeira absolutely mahandled on the ground.

Jon cant beat a test, let alone a top LHW contender.
<mma1>

he knows this, why else isnt he fighting anyone lol.

Back