Jiri the Techno Viking vs Jones? Who takes this?

Low fight IQ Jones likely loses but if he fights smart (like he did in the beginning of his reign), he dominated Jiri with ease.

I just love jones threads.. the butthurt is so strong..

I think Jones takes it, but he has been on the decline since he tried to control his steroid use.

Can you imagine being Jones?

"okay bro, who you wanna fight? Jiri the techno viking? Or Francis the literal predator from the movies in the flesh, Ngannou?"

Both options fucking suck, I don't blame him for sitting out this long. Pick your fucking poison.

That is why nobody will remember your name!

At this point, Jiri. Jones is winning by the skin of his teeth lately and arguably lost the Reyes and Santos fights.

As he gets older, Jones made the right decision by going to HW. The younger guys in the LHW division will make him look old in time.

and for anyone who doesn't understand the Techno-Viking thing....here is the 20yr old video, (filmed in Germany in 2000) where TechnoViking rescues blue-haired chick from some drunken dude and then proceeds to do his thing.....leading the pack... :

he doesn't wrestle anymore because he can't. he tried to wrestle Santos and got his takedowns stuffed by a guy 40 yr old Glover Texeira absolutely mahandled on the ground.
Jon attempted one, yes one, takedown versus Santos, and it was half-assed. Try again.

Jon attempted one, yes one, takedown versus Santos, and it was half-assed. Try again.

maybe if Jon tried again he could've dominated Thiago Santos on the ground as easily as a 40 yr old Glover did. but because he didn't everyone thinks he lost. i'm sure that's exactly what Jon Jones wanted, to look weak compared to an old man by being unable to takedown a MW with no knees.
<{katwhu}>

maybe if Jon tried again he could've dominated Thiago Santos on the ground as easily as a 40 yr old Glover did. but because he didn't everyone thinks he lost. i'm sure that's exactly what Jon Jones wanted, to look weak compared to an old man by being unable to takedown a MW with no knees.
<{katwhu}>
I'm sure he could've. Jon was content playing Thiago's game though. Why? I don't know. Maybe he felt like he had something to prove, and subsequently, he made the fight much closer than it could've been.

With that being said, to say that 'everyone' thinks Jon lost is just you living in fantasyland. Only Jon haters on Sherdog think he lost. Not only did he outland Thiago (and was far more accurate), but he controlled the octagon the entire time. Thiago had some aggressive bursts, but if you watch it again, it's pretty clear that Jon was the one with poise.

Idk what Glover has anything to do with this fight though other than proving that Jon could've had his way with Thiago on the ground if he had wanted. Also, when it comes to grappling, age is much less relevant. Glover was also getting lit up on the feet when he fought Santos. He had to wrestle or he would've gotten knocked out. Jon didn't.

I'm sure he could've. Jon was content playing Thiago's game though. Why? I don't know. Maybe he felt like he had something to prove, and subsequently, he made the fight much closer than it could've been.

With that being said, to say that 'everyone' thinks Jon lost is just you living in fantasyland. Only Jon haters on Sherdog think he lost. Not only did he outland Thiago (and was far more accurate), but he controlled the octagon the entire time. Thiago had some aggressive bursts, but if you watch it again, it's pretty clear that Jon was the one with poise.

Idk what Glover has anything to do with this fight though other than proving that Jon could've had his way with Thiago on the ground if he had wanted. Also, when it comes to grappling, age is much less relevant. Glover was also getting lit up on the feet when he fought Santos. He had to wrestle or he would've gotten knocked out. Jon didn't.

of course not "everyone" thought he lost, but a vast amount did. when i watch that fight all i see is a guy with no knees floundering and Jon Jones unable to end him. the fact that he was unable to do ANYTHING to former MW with 2 blown knees is what makes people sit back and say, "this dude is done". whether you thought he won or lost, there's no way anyone with working eyes can watch the Santos fight, the Smith fight, or the Reyes fight and think "yeah, Jon Jones was just allowing himself to look weak in those fights" that's why he always had some excuse when the fight was over during his interviews. that's why he's not fighting Jiri, and that's why he vacated the title and is now pretending to go to HW for the 12th year in a row.

He's also too small to wrestle Reyes and Santos, the latter being a former middleweight.

People are delusional about fighters they like going out of prime. We have multiple fights now showing us Jones' isn't the same guy who ran through the division.

I don’t like Jones at all. He beat guys that I did like, possibly while on the juice. But he has skills. At the top it’s hard to beat everyone with ease. Santos is a big dude with skills. Reyes is a beast. We have to see what prochaska or whatever his name is can do with the current champ.

I don’t like Jones at all. He beat guys that I did like, possibly while on the juice. But he has skills. At the top it’s hard to beat everyone with ease. Santos is a big dude with skills. Reyes is a beast. We have to see what prochaska or whatever his name is can do with the current champ.

He's clearly out of prime. He struggled against two fighters that others in the division have dominated. We aren't talking about the same fighter from 5 years ago. Every fighter goes out of prime eventually and Jones has been lucky to have his last for so long. I don't see why you're in such denial.

Prime Jones 80/20
Current Jones 60/40

Jones is too old now, Jiri would beat him and it would be bad.

Jones isn't made of glass like Reyes is, he'd beat Jiri pretty comfortably if he put in the effort.

Back