Jiri the Techno Viking vs Jones? Who takes this?

Jones got no chance against most of the top 5 LHWs.

What would you say he would KO him with? Punches? Elbows?
I could see him getting countered on the inside somehow like the Volkan ko.

TS,

The LHW division belongs to Jan Blachowicz not Jon Jones. If Jiri ever wants to become champion he is going to have to dethrone the champion and the only way to accomplish that at the moment is by defeating Jan Blachowicz .

You likely are unaware of this, as most are not, but Jon Jones agreed to fight Jan Blachowicz live on ESPN after he knocked out Cory Anderson in what was an unofficial title eliminator in Jons hometown. Jon told Jan on live television "you are next".

Instead he voluntarily relinquished the belt, rather than fight Jan Blachowicz, and immediately after Jan won the LHW belt he called Jon out again; a callout that was dismissed mockingly by Jon.

Jan has performed exceptionally well in both of his title fights and there is no reason to believe in 2021 he is the best LHW nor that he would beat Jan or even have a competitive fight with him.

The LHW division has entered a new era, and it no longer involves Jon Jones.

49-46 Jones easy clap.

Did someone or someones say prime Jon would lose to this dude? lol

King Mo what are your thoughts?

I searched for a previous thread, but it seemed to imply Jiri would already defeat Jones, which I think is dumb.

Honestly right now, I think Jones is in a position where is so comfortably dominant as LHW goat. Is it to the point he overlooks Jiri? I don't know. That's what makes this match up so crazy, Jiri is as big as him, but younger, and way hungrier. I wonder what Jones thought of the Reyes fight with him, has he said anything about Jiri yet?

What I mean by hungrier? Remember when Jones replaced Rashad and then beat Shogun for the title? I mean, that hungry. Jiri looks like he is in that position now, whereas Jones seems comfortable thinking is the the dominant champ that nobody can step it up to. Which makes for one hell of an intriguing fight.

Well, like most I think if Jones can take him to the ground, he takes this, but if Jiri keep getting up and puts a pace on Jones like he can't imagine... it's gonna be ugly.
Lets be honest here. Jones needed the peds to beat DC and Gus. After Usada caught him multiple times his performances decreased markedly (probably still using too). Unjuiced Jones is an unknown. I think he loses, as he would a lot of his fights if not enhanced.

standup: jiri wins
takedowns/defence: jones
wrestling/sub/etc: jones
game plan: jones
cardo n shit: who knows what fatboy can do these days?

simply put, jon wouldnt be able to stand and bang with jiri. if we had the jones from 10 years ago, the standup would be a lot closer but id favour jones to win (im most likely biased though as JJ was always one of my favourites). now though, the only way jones wins is by wrestling fucking jiri, most likely ending in a sub.

Jones in his prime outwrestled DC
Prime Jones takes down and submits Jiri, now I would favour Jiri but would never bet against Jones at LHW

I think Jiri would be an easier matchup for Jones than Reyes was. I think Jones would catch Jiri coming in with an elbow or something. Jiri's aggression will play against him.

Just look at their best wins.

jiri: beat nemkov under fortunate circumstances and beat Reyes who was never really good

Jones: has a TKO win over USADA via pulsing

I think jones is clearly better prime for prime

Jones is like a cockroach who wont die. I wouldn’t be surprised if even in his current out-of-prime state he catches reckless Jiri with some weird punch/knee/kick/sub and finishes the fight, or outgrinds and wins a grueling five rounder.

I’m a big Jiri fan, but Jones would survive the onslaught and edge out a decision.

Back