Jiri the Techno Viking vs Jones? Who takes this?

The current version of Jones vs the current version of Jiri?

I go with Jiri via violence.

Jones went to a SD with Thiago Santos and should have lost to Reyes.

Can u please stop bringing up a prolific cheater’s name pleaseeeeeeeee

Jones made a name dismantling undersized LHW.

Anyone his size he's struggled with or razor thin coin flip decisioned , Gustafson, Dominick, Santos.

Jiri, Ankalaev, Jan, maybe Rakic are better LHWs than Jones and right sized.
Jones came from an old era with limited talent pool. My guess is he's retired and we'll not see him again because he knows he'll lose.

Last edited:
Young Jones vs Jiri now would be epic. I think Jiri beats this watered down version of Jon who lost to Reyes and arguably lost to Santos as well. He's washed.

We don't know what Jiri ceiling is thus far. He can still improve. Especially his striking defense. If he improves that, he'd beat Jones and be champion for awhile.

We don't know what Jiri ceiling is thus far. He can still improve. Especially his striking defense. If he improves that, he'd beat Jones and be champion for awhile.

Even if he doesn't improve his defense, he might still take it. Jones hasn't looked all that hot in recent times.

Jiri wasn’t even in the UFC when Jones last fought. Let’s not get confused here. Jan, and Reyes are the guys that chased Jones out of the division.

Jiri is sorta like gaethje in a sense where even if you win you'll have to ask if it was worth it. He almost certainly WILL hurt you. Win or lose.

Imagine being so mentally handicapped you think Jiri beats someone like Jones lmao

Jiri loses to prime DC, Rumble, Gus, and Jones
That's the point though it's been a considerable while since Jones has remotely looked like his peak self. He arguably lost to Reyes and narrowly got by Santos. His last finish was in 2018. Sure prime Jones beats Jiri, this current version though? It's absolutely close enough of a fight to warrant such a discussion.

I'm not gonna favor anyone against Jones until I see him lose. For all we know, ha gets a hold of Jiri and strangles him. BUT! I wanna see that fight. And I wouldn't be too shocked if he beat Jones.

Last edited:
Jones being the GOAT has nothing really to do with this fight. Jones best years are very clearly behind him, and while even fading Jones was able to hold on to the title, 2019 and 2020 showed him to be slower, weaker, less dominant against a division that wasn't really bursting with elite talent (Anthony Smith, Thiago Santos, and he probably should've lost to Reyes but whatever).

Jiri wins by reckless KO.

Jones legacy still the best fighter to ever do it.

I searched for a previous thread, but it seemed to imply Jiri would already defeat Jones, which I think is dumb.

Honestly right now, I think Jones is in a position where is so comfortably dominant as LHW goat. Is it to the point he overlooks Jiri? I don't know. That's what makes this match up so crazy, Jiri is as big as him, but younger, and way hungrier. I wonder what Jones thought of the Reyes fight with him, has he said anything about Jiri yet?

What I mean by hungrier? Remember when Jones replaced Rashad and then beat Shogun for the title? I mean, that hungry. Jiri looks like he is in that position now, whereas Jones seems comfortable thinking is the the dominant champ that nobody can step it up to. Which makes for one hell of an intriguing fight.

Well, like most I think if Jones can take him to the ground, he takes this, but if Jiri keep getting up and puts a pace on Jones like he can't imagine... it's gonna be ugly.
Top form Jones vs Prochazka - 60/40, today? Jones vs Prochazka 30/70 (in my opinion) .

They sparred together (grappling) in 2016, and by what i heard Jones was very surprised by what guy from "unknown Rizin" was doing. Dont take me wrong, it was not like Jiri was dominatibng Jones, but he was able to hold his "ground" against Jones and even throw him and show him his "explosiveness and power" on ground.

I searched for a previous thread, but it seemed to imply Jiri would already defeat Jones, which I think is dumb.

Honestly right now, I think Jones is in a position where is so comfortably dominant as LHW goat. Is it to the point he overlooks Jiri? I don't know. That's what makes this match up so crazy, Jiri is as big as him, but younger, and way hungrier. I wonder what Jones thought of the Reyes fight with him, has he said anything about Jiri yet?

What I mean by hungrier? Remember when Jones replaced Rashad and then beat Shogun for the title? I mean, that hungry. Jiri looks like he is in that position now, whereas Jones seems comfortable thinking is the the dominant champ that nobody can step it up to. Which makes for one hell of an intriguing fight.

Well, like most I think if Jones can take him to the ground, he takes this, but if Jiri keep getting up and puts a pace on Jones like he can't imagine... it's gonna be ugly.

I had to post after seeing "techno Viking!" ....Right now, Jones has been gone so long that maybe he lost his prime. Jones has things you can't teach though, so, natural talent. Jones does not want the HW's imo, but, the LHW he is still goat right now imo. Have we seen a LHW with as many tools as Jones? I have not.

Jiri still has some test ahead of him.

Jiri has Techno Viking vibes for sure.

Can't wait to see him fight again, Jan's got a hell of a fight ahead of him.

Jones will probably try to do what he needs to win, but if he can't keep Jiri down and control him, I think Jiri is gonna fuck him up standing. He hit Dominick Reyes so hard and so often, couldn't believe dude just took it all, well until the end.

Jones can wrestle. He’s too small to wrestle Nganou but he can comfortably 49-46 jiri

He's also too small to wrestle Reyes and Santos, the latter being a former middleweight.

People are delusional about fighters they like going out of prime. We have multiple fights now showing us Jones' isn't the same guy who ran through the division.

Jones usually doesn't respect his opponents too much, wonder if he will want to be good for Jiri lol. He better start getting right with Jesus again.

Jones would eyepoke, kick the knee and run when attacked to get a UD.

Back