Japan creates 'fat' sized clothing

842.png

Damnit..I wasn't as strong as you:icon_sad:

I really didn't feel fat in Tokyo, but I felt fat in Seoul. But I found it hard to find clothes in both places.

I lost about 70lb in just over 6 months. It was not hard at all aftet the first week. Just go to the gym and hit the weights and eat less junk foods and more healthy proteins and veggies. Eventually I just became obsessed with my fitness.

Funny enough tho, I am actually trying to gain some lbs. I feel like I lost to much weight. NOW putting on lb in the form of lean muscle is difficult, way tougher than going for a bike ride to work everyday to promote fat loss.

No sympathy for fatties. It's not hard because i did it and I will admit I'm as lazy as they come.

It's awesome that you did that.

At the same time it's stupid that you think everyone can. Fat isn't always about being stupid and lazy like you.
Let's say I'm rich. Why are you so stupid and poor? Should rich people ask poor people why they can't do the same thing.
I eat horribly and don't exercise, but I've been the same weight since high school.
I don't have to work to be skinny. If there are people like me that don't have to work to be skinny, there must be people that are just fat regardless of what they do.
I think it's genetic for some.

I seriously had no idea how reviled "fat" people were until Sherdog.

Its crazy, right?

There are people on here who feel this passionately about homeless people, too. And they will go on and on about "how easy it is to not be homeless" and how they "hate" them.

To be honest, this seems like more of a troll post than Loiosh's.

I've met people who have done exactly as you said (even gone vegan in some cases), and they lost weight incredibly slowly despite employing a cardio heavy workout plan and diet low in fats. Its really not as simple as 'eat healthy and workout' or everyone would look like Wolverine.

Some people are affected by genetics or health conditions as Loiosh alluded to, so its not always easy (or possible) to look 'skinny'.

A "diet low in fats". Yea that isnt the ticket to losing weight. It is lowering your sugar/carbohydrate intake. Fats should be 25-30ish percent of your diet. Trans fats can definitely be gotten rid of though, I'll give you that. Also, a "heavy cardio workout plan" is another terrible way to lose weight. It takes a multifaceted approach with weight training and cardio to see results. I'm so curious what peoples degrees are in this thread.

Its like broscience galore.

It's awesome that you did that.

At the same time it's stupid that you think everyone can. Fat isn't always about being stupid and lazy like you.
Let's say I'm rich. Why are you so stupid and poor? Should rich people ask poor people why they can't do the same thing.
I eat horribly and don't exercise, but I've been the same weight since high school.
I don't have to work to be skinny. If there are people like me that don't have to work to be skinny, there must be people that are just fat regardless of what they do.
I think it's genetic for some.

Do you know how miniscule the amount of people who really just "cant" lose weight are? I wouldnt think most of the people in this thread are targetting the very select few with genetic problems. How old are you by the way? If youre eating the exact same and dont workout then why would you gain/lose weight? It would make sense that youre the same weight if you never had a good metabolism to start with. A high metabolism isnt something that the majority are gifted with, it's earned. I'd also question how healthy you are according to your blood work. Theres no way you can eat "horribly" and not have bad cholesterol or some sort of issue.

Its crazy, right?

There are people on here who feel this passionately about homeless people, too. And they will go on and on about "how easy it is to not be homeless" and how they "hate" them.

...Youre really comparing people who have too much with...people who have nothing?

Wut?

I don't hate overweight or obese people, but I do hate apologists who act like it isn't an issue (not that you're one). It is a choice for the vast majority to be overweight.

...Youre really comparing people who have too much with...people who have nothing?

Wut?

I don't hate overweight or obese people, but I do hate apologists who act like it isn't an issue (not that you're one). It is a choice for the vast majority to be overweight.

I'm comparing the mentality of Sherdoggers.
There are people who have as passionate and irrational a hatred of people who are homeless as people who are fat.

Nobody should act like its not an issue.
And nobody should act like its as simple as wearing matching socks.

Anecdotal: My friend has been one of the fittest guys I've known since we were in college. He just got married and had a new baby. He works in Europe 5 days a week (probably 80 hours/ week) and flies home every weekend to be with his family. He has gained about 30lbs.

Is he lazy?
Is his life simple?
Does he lack discipline?

Me: I was fat in HS; busted my ass to loss that weight and kept it off for about 10 years by playing basketball and working out a few times a week (not religiously).
I gained some back during my grad school rotations (60-80hr/week workload) and I've continued to gain. I work 60 stressful hours/week (healthcare) where I might only eat 1x/day -- and that meal is usually shitty. On my first day off I'm usually mentally and physically beat. It take me a while to get up and going. I've had successful runs of eating really well, but there are periods where I inherit extra workloads and that goes to shit and you're back to square one -- thats a frustrating mind fuck.

Its not easy, its not simple, its difficult and the components to why or how somebody is/got fat are complex.

Do you know how miniscule the amount of people who really just "cant" lose weight are? I wouldnt think most of the people in this thread are targetting the very select few with genetic problems. How old are you by the way? If youre eating the exact same and dont workout then why would you gain/lose weight? It would make sense that youre the same weight if you never had a good metabolism to start with. A high metabolism isnt something that the majority are gifted with, it's earned. I'd also question how healthy you are according to your blood work. Theres no way you can eat "horribly" and not have bad cholesterol or some sort of issue.

I'm 37 and had a complete physical last year. My cholesterol and overall health was described as 'great'. I work a desk job and don't exercise and eat tons of junk food.
How do you 'earn' a good metabolism? I think it's something you're born with.

Damnit..I wasn't as strong as you:icon_sad:

It's ok buddy, when somebody disputes the laws of thermodynamics and supports the stupidity of fat people then the rage can be overwhelming.

To be honest, this seems like more of a troll post than Loiosh's.

I've met people who have done exactly as you said (even gone vegan in some cases), and they lost weight incredibly slowly despite employing a cardio heavy workout plan and diet low in fats. Its really not as simple as 'eat healthy and workout' or everyone would look like Wolverine.

Some people are affected by genetics or health conditions as Loiosh alluded to, so its not always easy (or possible) to look 'skinny'.

Lol, that's because they are eating cream cakes when your not looking. These fatties want the kudos but can't control their basic behaviour. They're totally out of control, making shit up.

My dad lost 70lb last year aged 66 by doing the 5/2 IF diet and doing some cycling. It was easy. I have friends who didn't same kickboxing. The difference between them and the fatties that stay fat are they did something to change theirblives and stuck to it.

Research has shown it is eating strategies which are passed on in families more so than fat genes!

The person in that pic needs to clean their fingernails

Noob, what's up with your sig? I just noticed.

Kinda morbid, dude. Is it from an interview from someone or a court case or something?

Lol its from Game of Thrones

Haha. My bad.

I honestly thought that was one of those cries for help you hear about after someone goes on a shooting spree.

I gotta get with the program, Game of Thrones..

Lol, that's because they are eating cream cakes when your not looking. These fatties want the kudos but can't control their basic behaviour. They're totally out of control, making shit up.

My dad lost 70lb last year aged 66 by doing the 5/2 IF diet and doing some cycling. It was easy. I have friends who didn't same kickboxing. The difference between them and the fatties that stay fat are they did something to change theirblives and stuck to it.

Research has shown it is eating strategies which are passed on in families more so than fat genes!

My dad is 6'3 over 300lbs. I'm 6'1 160lbs. "Research" changes depending on who is doing it and what they're looking for.
I said it before, if there are people like me that can't/don't gain weight then there must be people that can't/won't lose it.

Back