Japan creates 'fat' sized clothing

My dad is 6'3 over 300lbs. I'm 6'1 160lbs. "Research" changes depending on who is doing it and what they're looking for.
I said it before, if there are people like me that can't/don't gain weight then there must be people that can't/won't lose it.

Yeah, there must be people to whom the laws of nature do not apply. Burning more calories then consuming does not work on them. They get their mass by consuming solar radiation, or maybe by just gaining mass through anger like the Hulk. They are human neutron stars, people of incredibly condensed mass that just won't get smaller.

It just happens to be that such unique people happen to inhabit countries with developed economies where there is an abudance of food. A pure coincidence.

There's definitely less euphemisms here in Asia about this kind of thing.

I don't think fat people should be ashamed of themselves, that's pretty close minded. On the flip side i don't see a problem bringing them back down to reality by telling it like it is.

When we have to take care of them in hospitals, they should be ashamed of themselves. Everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, about taking care of fat people is harder than average sized people.

Placing IV's, getting scans, administering anaesthesia, and shit, even transferring them from tables, chairs, etc....

Fat people drive up healthcare costs astronomically.

Yeah, there must be people to whom the laws of nature do not apply. Burning more calories then consuming does not work on them. They get their mass by consuming solar radiation, or maybe by just gaining mass through anger like the Hulk. They are human neutron stars, people of incredibly condensed mass that just won't get smaller.

It just happens to be that such unique people happen to inhabit countries with developed economies where there is an abudance of food. A pure coincidence.

I don't think it's as simple as a law of nature, there are variables to consider.

• How efficiently a body metabolizes food
  • How easily a body builds fat cells
  • The level of appetite as driven by the digestive tract, adipose tissue and the brain

These things are not created equally within people.

Yes, it's true that if you eat less than a thousand calories a day you will lose weight, but even this simple approach is complicated. You have to eat the right calories; when I eat the right things, my appetite is negligible because my body is getting the things it needs. If I eat incorrectly and ingest a bit too much sugar there is a dramatic spike in my appetite.

I successfully manage my weight by carefully limiting the amount of carbohydrates I eat, I ignore calories completely. They're irrelevant, or more accurately, if I'm eating the right things, my appetite doesn't drive me to eat more than I need.

Nutrition and diet are extremely complicated. We don't know enough about them and have been teaching our children incorrectly since we started teaching them: The food pyramid, which is now accepted as a harmful myth, was the accepted norm for most of my life. It was the product of various lobbyists and had absolutely no basis in science.

Fuck political correctness, the western versions should have extra tags with them

XXS: THANK YOU HUNGRY SKELETON
XS: Please start eating
S: Are you a girl?
M: DYEL
L: Looking swole brah
XL: Skip dessert
XXL: Put down the fork
XXXL: You are fucking disgusting

I need 2 or 3xl tshirts just to make sure my fucking midriff isn't showing.
God damned midgets getting all judgemental and shit.

My dad is 6'3 over 300lbs. I'm 6'1 160lbs. "Research" changes depending on who is doing it and what they're looking for.
I said it before, if there are people like me that can't/don't gain weight then there must be people that can't/won't lose it.

Research is effected by the source and intent, however it is our best bet at uncovering truth. Sure consensus changes, that's no reason to ignore the consensus.

If we are going to go down the route of arguing over subjective experience then I present you with my friend who argued your position with me. He came and lived with me for 6 months and I observed his eating habits. He ate 30-50% of what I do but was adamant that it was his 'metabolism' and that he couldn't get fat.

Truth is people are wrong and lie to themselves and others.

Sure there is individual variation but you can go all over the world and look at communities where the only food available is healthy and people get a similar portion of it and there is very little variation between the people. Only those who can get extra resources are fat.

Finally, there are biological reasons why some people can't put on weight, an over active thyroid gland for example,.but there are no conditions that I am aware of that cause necessary calories to be stored as fat leading to an average eater become a fat fuck. If there are, I wager such cases are vanishingly rare.

Some fatsos were revealed ITT.

I can't believe that in 2014 there are still people who think like this.

It isn't a choice, and it's harder for a fat person to get thin than it is for an addict to kick heroin; the percentage of fat people who successfully lose their weight for more than five years is statistically insignificant. Most people who are fat are fucked, end of story, although if they eat properly and get exercise they can still be healthy (as long as they aren't morbidly obese)... But they are pretty much guaranteed to be fat for life.

No. And I don't think you know what statistically insignificant means.

DSC_0488.JPG

2_8.jpg

Damn, she's ugly.

As a person that considers himself fat. I am behind this idea but some people get mad when i refer to myself as a fatty since i look like a 6'4" Thor Bjornsson (but fluffy and no juice)

Bold move for this company to not care about their profits.

I don't know what's more disconcerting, the health issues that go along with obesity or how much people obsess about what other people do. It seems more like an excuse to be a dick than an actual concern about an issue. I get the impression most people who are on the fat shame crusade are under 30 and single.

For just a little chubby people diet and exercise can be hit and miss. There is so much misinformation out there and for some they have to have a on almost OCD-like approach to diet and exercise to see any kind of progress if they get any. Obesity where the person is in the hundreds of pounds overweight is probably more of a psychological thing than anything. Just pushing diet and exercise on these people probably won't help much, they probably need treatment more along the lines of what is used for an addict than someone trying to lose vanity pounds.

Speaking as an overweight person, I find it obnoxious that people get so defensive about this. We all made the choice to eat more calories than our bodies burned. It's time to own up to it.

Bold move for this company to not care about their profits.

I don't know what's more disconcerting, the health issues that go along with obesity or how much people obsess about what other people do. It seems more like an excuse to be a dick than an actual concern about an issue. I get the impression most people who are on the fat shame crusade are under 30 and single.

For just a little chubby people diet and exercise can be hit and miss. There is so much misinformation out there and for some they have to have a on almost OCD-like approach to diet and exercise to see any kind of progress if they get any. Obesity where the person is in the hundreds of pounds overweight is probably more of a psychological thing than anything. Just pushing diet and exercise on these people probably won't help much, they probably need treatment more along the lines of what is used for an addict than someone trying to lose vanity pounds.

The problem is that fat people being fat doesn't just affect them.

Refer to my other post ITT.

Nice. Thanks for this, it was pretty funny.
I was just stating my own experience. There are factors other than caloric intake vs energy expenditure. I was just stating my own experience which is atypical from what I've seen.
I'm sure the overweight people that have a genetic disposition are a huuuge minority compared to the over-eaters/under-exercisers, but they get treated the same.

Because of your post I will now be picturing every fat person I look at as a neutron star just sucking every piece of fat in their gravitational pull into their fatness so thanks for that. Will make riding public transit more fun/funny.

Interesting...Vancouver's Lululemon should take up this strategy.

Here in China, being referred to as fat isn't something to get butthurt over. It just is what it is.

Back