Media Islam Makhachev unimpressed with Leon Edwards: "We have to change the champion"

Islam hasn't done much in his own division, which is where he should be focused. It's not like he has cleaned the division out or anything. Let him win a few contender matches, then he can get the shit kicked out of him by Leon.

I think it's easy to see why he's confident after the sloppy scrambles and grappling from Leon in his last fight. No doubt wrestling is his recipe to a win, but whether he can match Leon's striking/movement and deal with the size difference i'm not so sure about.

Fully hydrated Uber-Islam manhandles Edwards like the 2nd Usman fight & ducks the headkick KO to become the double champ. <Eek2.0>

Size difference might be too much. MMA has this autistic gap between 155 and 170. Imagine a 154 lbs boxer going straight up to challenge the 168 lbs champ. It won't happen. They're too scared to go up to 160, let alone 168.

Even GGG didn't dare to go up to 168 from 160.

It also puts guys like Colby, Burns etc in no mans land because they're too big for 155 but too small for the highest level at 170 lbs

Was anyone impressed by Leon on Saturday? I mean we know he is a good fighter but that fight sucked... maybe it's Colbys fault though

Back