News Paul Felder schools Islam and Leon: "Stay in your freaking divisions" (he spitting facts)

When khabib didn't move up, he's a weight bully afraid of a challengešŸ˜­
When Islam wants to move up, stay in your division šŸ˜­

No pleasing some people. Champ champ makhachev has a nice ring to it
I think no one is against him moving up, but keeping meanwhile the 155 division and the belt as hostage, is that what the most of us donā€™t want to see.

WHAT??? He is Belal's friend and Felder explicitly mentioned Belal is up next for the title shot for Leon's belt.

This is the interview. You can't say he wasn't looking out for Belal.

Everybody knows Belal is next. So thatā€™s literally a fact that Felder said heā€™s next. Friendship has zero to do with it. Dana said it in May. Try paying attention, buddeh.

At a pre-fight news conference Thursday, White announced the winner of the UFC 288 co-main event between Gilbert Burns and Belal Muhammad will be next in line for a welterweight title shot. ā€œOne hundred percent ā€¦ yes, the guy who wins this fight will get the next shot (after Covington),ā€ White said.May 4, 2023

So what does Islam have to do with Belal? You pretend he only mentioned Edwards, and Belal.

As for Amanda youā€™re so out to lunch on that, that I question your intelligence.

Disingenuous as fuck for you trying to spin it the way you are. Or..

1703956539413.gif

Everybody knows Belal is next. So thatā€™s literally a fact that Felder said heā€™s next. Friendship has zero to do with it. Dana said it in May. Try paying attention, buddeh.

So what does Islam have to do with Belal? You pretend he only mentioned Edwards, and Belal.

As for Amanda youā€™re so out to lunch on that, that I question your intelligence.

Disingenuous as fuck for you trying to spin it the way you are. Or..

View attachment 1020763
Look at the interview. What kind of unhinged person are you?

Amanda had defended 3 times before fighting Cyborg. Literally two women IN the GOAT conversation. If you donā€™t see the difference between Amanda/Cyborg, and Conor/Alvarez.

I really donā€™t know what to tell you.

And Amanda actually defended both belts at the same time. After Cyborg she defended against Holly, and GDR at BW. And Spencer, and Anderson at FW. She was also on a 7 fight winning streak before fighting Cyborg.

Your post in reference to Amanda is utter bullshit..

View attachment 1020761
<JagsKiddingMe>

What is this babble? I didn't say Conor earned his, I specifically said the opposite.

I compared them both to Islam, not to each other, and Amanda's 7 fight win streak was shorter than Islam's 13 fight win streak, because ya know, 7 is a smaller number than 13. Hell, Islam had a 10 fight win streak just to get a title shot in the first place and is on 13 right now, compared to Amanda's 5-1 record, and 8-1 record to get another title shot in another division.

BOTH of them are calling for a second title opportunity. Did you miss that part? This is not about rumours. Itā€™s about exactly what both are publicly saying.

One has 2 defences with 2 definite worthy contenders in line. The other has 2 defences against a FW. Zero defences against ANY LW. The guy has ONE top 5 win.. Period.

These guys should have at least a cpl more defences against the next contenders in line in their actual divisions.

Who thinks either deserve to get a free TS in another division? The correct answer is pretty much nobody.
You guys are acting like Islam just want Leon in march. I stand corrected.

Until Felder speaks early and often about the UFC Matchmakers WHO ACTUALLY MAKE THE FIGHTS -- he looks foolish and his situational matchmaking ethics are empty.

He acts like Team Dana treat this as a sport first -- when they treat it as a Prize Fighting-for-Profit Entertainment Enterprise and Gambling activity.

If he's gonna throw out his MMA Sports perspective whilst throwing MMA Champs under the bus -- he needs to be throwing UFC Matchmakers under that same bus or just STFU and realize his place as Sanko's sidekick and journeyman fight dude.

Felder needs to save his lecture for Dana who turned this into a matchmaking monstrosity we all love to hate. And don't hate the Champions -- hate the game...

Last edited:
Iā€™m sure they care about Felderā€™s opinion. Get called a weight bully if donā€™t move up, get called for not defending if move up. Typical cycle. Anything to screw over Belal, Iā€™m all for.

Maybe because he's relevant in the mma scene? Lol, you be anymore relevant than a pro fighter and a pro commentator. If he can't talk about the absurdity of these unproven champs trying to get a second belt than no one can.

except nobody takes his advice seriously
when he never came close to getting a belt

It's a fight, they all have a chance to beat him. He was sparked unconscious in the UFC once already by literally "who". This nuthuggery must cease.
If hes content at leaving LW for good to pursue a WW career, Im all for it.

Better challenges for him in the weight class, by no means am I a Islam fan. More a Charles fan since way back

Paul Felder is not a fan of fighters chasing dual-champion status so early in their title reigns.

Felder specifically has an issue with UFC lightweight champion Islam Makhachev (25-1 MMA, 14-1 UFC) expressing interest in moving up to challenge welterweight champion Leon Edwards (22-3 MMA, 14-2 UFC). Edwards also mentioned moving up to middleweight to capture a second belt, but Felder would like to see both of them rule their divisions first.

ā€œWe established that this (Muhammad) is the No. 1 contender, youā€™re (Edwards) also saying that you want to break Georges St-Pierreā€™s record, but then we got Islam Makhachev out there saying he should be next for the welterweight belt,ā€ Felder said on his ā€œRound-Upā€ show with Michael Chiesa. ā€œGuys, stay in your freaking divisions, reign over your division. Can we get dominant champions before you all start wanting to fight for other belts?

ā€œIt didnā€™t used to be like this. The guys that did this in the beginning ā€“ obviously Conor is an exception. He did it; it was craziness. He was a superstar. (Daniel Cormier) did it because he earned it and was a 205ā€™er. Amanda Nunes earned it. Now itā€™s just like everyone and their mother wants to be able to be a double champ. And itā€™s like, ā€˜Well, how about you get a whole lot of title defenses first, then you go and step up?'ā€

Source

Personally, I'm inclined to agree with Felder. This champ-champ nonsense needs to stop.

This all stems from fighter pay being complete shit

except nobody takes his advice seriously
when he never came close to getting a belt

You know who else never came close to getting a belt?

Trevor Whitman, Din Thomas, Javier Mendez, and most of the other experts in MMA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back