Is Khamzat the most obvious future champ in the UFC right now?

PlasticFishBowl

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
It’s crazy how well the stars have aligned for him at 185.

He gets past Usman and now just needs to beat a very weak champ that Usman already 30-25’d.

I actually think the Izzy fight would’ve been very tough for Khamzat, so would Whittaker. He’s very fortunate that things have turned out as they did and he will get to take the belt from Strickland instead.

Khamzat fans are the most schizophrenic fans. Barely beating burns and drawing against usman up a weight class when usmans on 10 days notice, terrible cardio management, no fight iq to attack the knees, no head movement. Trash!

The guy looked huge vs Usman, who himself looks very big compared to other WWs. He should fight only at 185.

Last edited:
after the Burns and the Usman fight
fighters will study these 2 fights and come with striking gameplan

if Usman was agressive from the start of the 2nd round, he had a good chance to win
the end of the 3rd round showed that Usman could dominate Khamzat on the feet

Usman with a full camp on a 5 rounds would be the favorite against Khamzat at 170 or 185

He gets past Usman and now just needs to beat a very weak champ that Usman already 30-25’d.

I actually think the Izzy fight would’ve been very tough for Khamzat, so would Whittaker. He’s very fortunate that things have turned out as they did and he will get to take the belt from Strickland instead.

You think the Izzy fight would have been very tough for Khamzat, but yet you think Sean is a weak champ and someone Khamzat will walk through him?? How does that make sense lol?

The guy that just gassed out after 1 round and went to a Majority Decision against a WW on a 2 fight skid? Obvious MW champ..
If Strickland can make it past 1 round, which Khamzat’s last 2 decision wins suggest he absolutely would, Rat Lip gets exposed for his Swiss cheese Striking Defense and poor Endurance.
I’d bet that he wouldn’t make it to the 5th round against Sean.

Insofar as he is fighting Strickland next, then the answer is yes by definition.

Back