Elections Iowa Caucus Poll Cancelled

Well, Mayor Pete's campaign isn't disputing anything, are they? I fail to see some coverup at play because you don't find the explanation credible. I mean, it's not "Define murder..." level nonsensical that a complaint was raised over a call in which someone misread a teleprompter and didn't include Pete's name on the list, right? Mayor Pete's campaign has not come out and said that's incorrect or dishonest.

We're not talking about a record of calls where only Joe Biden was spoken of, are we really?

Where are you getting that it was Pete?

Edit: I see it in the op. The story I read didn't name who it was.

Maybe there was a problem with the poll. I mean, I know that's boring and stuff, but maybe not every single election-related event is a conspiracy against Bernie Sanders.
He didn’t mention Bernie in the OP. Just sayin.

Where are you getting that it was Pete?

I'm getting at that it seems as if there isn't some grand conspiracy to put Joe Biden on a throne here. Mayor Pete's campaign raised concern over a call in which his name, alone, was not included in the listing of candidates. That is it. The campaign has not disputed the explanation from the Des Moines Register, who ran the poll.

"Lis Smith, a senior adviser to the Buttigieg campaign, said they shared the information with the media organizations, which conducted an internal investigation. “We applaud CNN and the Des Moines Register for their integrity,” she wrote on Twitter. "

Does it seem likely there is a conspiracy here?

They won't even tell us who was left off the poll question.

Reading the US press has become a bit like reading Pravda back in the early eighties. You have to note the critical omissions and piece the story together from there. The best bet is that it was Bernie left off. Maybe not. Maybe it was Klobuchar. But I think most people know in their gut it was probably Bernie. If it wan't, then why not just tell us?

And yes, it does provide fertile ground for all manner of CTs when the people tasked with reporting the news can't be trusted to do so in a straightforward manner. Doesn't reduce or excuse the absurdity of many CTs, simply broadens the onus a bit to include the sources of the distrust.

I'm getting at that it seems as if there isn't some grand conspiracy to put Joe Biden on a throne here. Mayor Pete's campaign raised concern over a call in which his name, alone, was not included in the listing of candidates. That is it. The campaign has not disputed the explanation from the Des Moines Register, who ran the poll.

"Lis Smith, a senior adviser to the Buttigieg campaign, said they shared the information with the media organizations, which conducted an internal investigation. “We applaud CNN and the Des Moines Register for their integrity,” she wrote on Twitter. "

Does it seem likely there is a conspiracy here?

Cool. I edited that post. I read the op now.

The first story I saw on this didn't name who was left off.

Now, call me a CT-nutter all you want, but when Bernie has been showing a surge, the most important poll in the primary was just shut down.

I'm not saying I know anything, but that certainly is convenient.

Cool. I edited that post. I read the op now.

The first story I saw on this didn't name who was left off.

Now, call me a CT-nutter all you want, but when Bernie has been showing a surge, the most important poll in the primary was just shut down.

I'm not saying I know anything, but that certainly is convenient.

But per the information we actually have, this is over a single call, and was not even in relation to Bernie, but Mayor Pete, as it was his campaign that raised a concern, subsequently applauding the Des Moines Register for transparency.

Cheers:

This seems pretty thin to hold back such a major poll:

The results were held back after the Buttigieg campaign said that an Iowa supporter received a poll phone call from an operator working for the polling operation, but that the name of the former mayor of South Bend, Ind., was not listed on the menu of options.

we don’t know whether it was an isolated incident.”

Wouldn’t this fall into the margin of error?

But per the information we actually have, this is over a single call, and was not even in relation to Bernie, but Mayor Pete, as it was his campaign that raised a concern, subsequently applauding the Des Moines Register for transparency.

Again, I don't believe for one second that they shut down this poll for one report. Don't you think if they did, it would be very easy to shut down any poll some candidate didn't like?

There are obviously two teams in this primary, and Bernie, Yang, and Gabbard are on one, and everyone else is on the other.

So you pointing to this coming from Pete, and acting like this doesn't line up with the establishment vs Bernie lines, is a bridge too far for me.

They probably put Mayor Pete under the "other" category because of his low number<45>

Again, I don't believe for one second that they shut down this poll for one report. Don't you think if they did, it would be very easy to shit down any poll some candidate didn't like?

There are obviously two teams in this primary, and Bernie, Yang, and Gabbard are on one, and everyone else is on the other.

So you pointing to this coming from Pete, and acting like this doesn't line up with the establishment vs Bernie lines, is a bridge too far for me.
it seems fishy.

They probably put Mayor Pete under the "other" category because of his low number<45>

Warren belongs in the other category.

Maybe they will welcome her on team establishment, because I think she is persona non grata in the progressive wing now.

Bad bet buddy. The panic is real, and they know they can't stop him.

They CAN though! They literally, L I T E R A L L Y have control of votes that supercede yours!!! Hence the name SUPERDELEGATES!!!!!!!

Cheers:

Here is the crazy part.

Maybe it isn't a master plan to hide Bernie's surge.

Maybe they were hacked by Iranians, or Chinese, or any of a hundred other countries, and don't want to tell us.

I don't know what happened, but I know I don't believe they shut this poll down for one report of a name being left off.

Again, I don't believe for one second that they shut down this poll for one report. Don't you think if they did, it would be very easy to shut down any poll some candidate didn't like?

You are wholesale creating a narrative here. The reporting, not my opinion, is that Mayor Pete's team, not Bernie's team, or any other team, raised this complaint. We know the story from the Des Moines register, and we know Mayor Pete's team, who made the complaint in the first place, lauded the transparency, and made zero claims about some conspiracy.

There's no plausible way to see a conspiracy here, given the actual information. You'd think if there was some conspiracy against Bernie in this particular case, not from the democrat establishment but from the Des Moines Register, his campaign would have made the complaint, not relied on Mayor Pete's aides to complain about Mayor Pete's name being left off the roll in literally a single call to a single Iowa voter.

Cheers:

I haven't much of a clue. The methodology here is......not my arena.

I also doubt that the people thinking this is a conspiracy are better informed on that same methodology......

Here is the crazy part.

Maybe it isn't a master plan to hide Bernie's surge.

Maybe they were hacked by Iranians, or Chinese, or any of a hundred other countries, and don't want to tell us.

I don't know what happened, but I know I don't believe they shut this poll down for one report of a name being left off.
I wouldn’t put it past Pete to know he’s a distant 3rd/ 4th and wanted to suppress the poll to give him one more chance to hypnotize potential supporters with meaningless sentences.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back