Insane Fact: More abortions than births for black NYC babies

Yeah, man. Abortions are the most cost efficient and effective way to slow the spreading of the poor.

How am I the only conservative who sees the ingenious of it?

It seems to me you're the one that needs a shrink. {<shrug}

how bizarre and corrupted this nation has become when a person who has a problem with cutting an unborn child into pieces is the one told that their head is wrong.

No way I don't believe it

I'm sure you don't. This contradicts the right-wing talking point about poor, single black women getting rich at the welfare office by pumping out babies.

Maybe it's because I'm in a foreign country.

i'm sure these Christian Conservatives won't hesitate to put up whole numbers against % numbers for little old me to do the math.

They are fearless and Jesus gives them strength.
600,000 African American babies are born per year. 50% of African American pregnancies are aborted. That means that 600,000 African American babies are aborted every year.

African American children have a 50% chance of not being aborted by their parents. Then, if they're lucky enough to survive the pregnancy, they have a 67% chance of being abandoned by one of their parents. That's a rough start to life.

That means that only 16% of African American babies aren't "aborted" or abandoned by their parents. With numbers like that, I don't think any problems in the African American community (crime, education, etc) can be solved with policy and funding.

how bizarre and corrupted this nation has become when a person who has a problem with cutting an unborn child into pieces is the one told that their head is wrong.
I was born pretty early and the last round of abortion laws felt like a kick in the gut with people just casually talking about "aborting" me should be legal for bullshit like "mental health". Like no, my mother hypothetically saying she was depressed over my existence wouldn't have been an excuse to fucking kill me to cure her her depression. Except under these laws it is. How the fuck does that compute?

It's fine to believe that. It's your accusations of others that are twisted.

Wow, I am blown away. More abortions than births, and then about 70% that are born, are born to single mothers with no dad in the picture.

WTF!!!

This is a very sad and shocking fact. I'm really surprised this is never talked about in the media. If it is, it sure isn't talked about enough.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/lets-talk-about-the-black-abortion-rate-1531263697

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/emily-ward/blacks-make-134-population-36-abortions

Morally I don't agree with abortion, but politically I'm pro choice, but that's a disgusting statistic. People should not be killing more babies than they're making. This whole premise sounds like the basis to a Cannibal Corpse song:D

Wow, I am blown away. More abortions than births, and then about 70% that are born, are born to single mothers with no dad in the picture.

WTF!!!

And then people wonder and can’t fathom why our society is decaying. Answer is right there; the foundation of civilization is crumbling.

I'm an abortion survivor.

giphy.gif

So more unwanted babies = good. But social safety net programs that the poor parents are most likely to use to support them = bad. Seems like a winning formula...

Racist conservative-values people VERY conflicted on how to feel right now.

Abortion should be curtailed a bit, but the work that goes into that is education and access to contraceptives. It's not that hard to do, except for that the people who want to stop abortion ALSO don't want to give education and contraceptives.

African American children have a 50% chance of not being aborted by their parents. Then, if they're lucky enough to survive the pregnancy, they have a 67% chance of being abandoned by one of their parents. That's a rough start to life.

That means that only 16% of African American babies aren't "aborted" or abandoned by their parents. With numbers like that, I don't think any problems in the African American community (crime, education, etc) can be solved with policy and funding.
its almost like the black communities biggest problems are internal.

What the fuck is a 5 mth abortion? Do those exist???
Last year some states were trying to legalize abortion up to 1 second before birth for "mental health". I don't follow it closely so I don't know if any of those laws passed. But it's clear that the vast majority of abortions are done for convenience only.

Back