• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

In less than 2 years...

It makes MMA look kind of bad imo. All these supposedly elite MMA guys getting blasted out by a 36 year old kickboxer who was still in Glory 3 years ago. Cant just take him down, keep getting caught with that same left hook.
That’s not fair, sometimes he kicks them in the head.

He got fast-tracked, and skipped the line over many guys who could have given him tougher fights.
Other fighters have been fast tracked. You complain about Anderson's run too? Let me know if you are consistent in this logic or if it's emotional, because if he didn't earn his position, would he not have been beaten by someone other than Izzy, maybe even other multiple level fighters? I mean, he's fighting champs and former champs, o fast tracked or not...does his run not prove his merit? I just want to see your logic behind the obvious bullshit you are typing lol.

What I find interesting is the huge range of legacy outcomes he has at this point.

If he fights Ankalaev (which he obviously should) and gets exposed in the grappling (which is very possible), his legacy will be that of a one-dimensional striker who was given very favorable matchups. But if he beats Ankalaev and somehow captures HW gold, people will call him the GOAT.

He's essentially 1 or 2 fights away from being considered either a bit fraudulent or the GOAT.

What I find interesting is the huge range of legacy outcomes he has at this point.

If he fights Ankalaev (which he obviously should) and gets exposed in the grappling (which is very possible), his legacy will be that of a one-dimensional striker who was given very favorable matchups. But if he beats Ankalaev and somehow captures HW gold, people will call him the GOAT.

He's essentially 1 or 2 fights away from being considered either a bit fraudulent or the GOAT.
If he loses to Ankalaev, who is not even primarily a grappler, due to grappling it would just further prove that this era of UFC fighters has devolved considerably (at least above 170). I think everybody already knows this but it would put the stamp on it

I think Alex will do fine with Ank. Jiri couldn't even take him down this time and Ank's fight IQ is suspect. Chances are high he'll do dumb shit and lose himself the fight.

It's a great record that I hope stands up to time. I've a feeling that people will be laughing at the idea of Jiri, Hill, Jiri being an indication of elite status in a few years though

Other fighters have been fast tracked. You complain about Anderson's run too? Let me know if you are consistent in this logic or if it's emotional, because if he didn't earn his position, would he not have been beaten by someone other than Izzy, maybe even other multiple level fighters? I mean, he's fighting champs and former champs, o fast tracked or not...does his run not prove his merit? I just want to see your logic behind the obvious bullshit you are typing lol.

I swear to God you guys are such babies. Can't handle when someone brings up a simple fact. Check your emotions, boy.

Alex is awesome, but to be one of the GOATS you need title defenses. If he keeps this up for another 2 years then that'll be legit.

If he loses to Ankalaev, who is not even primarily a grappler, due to grappling it would just further prove that this era of UFC fighters has devolved considerably (at least above 170). I think everybody already knows this but it would put the stamp on it

No it shows that UFC fighters have cottoned on to the fact that Dana and KO want excitement and KOs from their fighters otherwise they get pushed to the sidelines and they don't make much money out of this game.

So now when a fighter should be going for the clinch or grappling, they are instead throwing to KO their opponent without the experience of someone like Poatan, and getting ko'd themselves. A good example is Usman, look how he started trying to KO everybody and the organization got behind him when he started finishing opponents.

All of this is a good thing. The finishing rate is still too low though compared to the superior ONE FC though (although UFC is better at LHW and above).

He’s great yeah but it’s against mostly sub par competition, though how he demolished them is very impressive.

He got fast-tracked, and skipped the line over many guys who could have given him tougher fights.
Name them?

He was fast tracked after beating Strickland who became the champ a few fights later. Sure it's a good match up for him but who is the great hope at MW to beat him?
DDP
Brunson
Vettori
Khamzat
Whittaker

All these guys are extremely hittable and Pereira towers over them. He has beaten better guys at LHW

Who was going to outwrestle him at MW and hang with his power?
All these guys were losing against others or not in the division as he came up.

Same at LHW. He has only fought ex champs since coming to the division and finished 3 of those fights under 2 rounds.

Back