Imo Sean Brady is a legit contender

Lol the fact we have people making threads hyping up Sean Brady shows that WW is the worst division in the UFC right now

Obviously Burns is a legit grappler and he got the better of much of the grappling. I'm talking about the current era of WWs he will be matched up against. Not a washed up Burns on the way out.

I can see Brady beating Jack, maybe Ian. But he has NOTHING for Belal, Shavkat, Leon.
I think he dominates Leon.

Absolutely, on a good day he can beat Belal or are you arguing that Belal is some all time great? 🤣 WW is wide open right now unless Shavkat can prove he's on another level.

I don’t think Belal is anywhere near an all time WW great like GSP, I just think Brady isn’t on someone like Belals level or the top of the WW division.

There’s also nothing that suggest Brady can beat Belal… the only information we have is that Brady not only got outclassed, he somehow managed to be the only guy in UFC history to get knocked out by Belal lol.

I don't know his striking is just not good and he has 0 power. He is a unique matchup problem for WWs with sus grappling but overall I dont think hes a legit contender to touch the belt.

I don't know about this first part. He doesn't have fuck-you power, but its also clear he's not loading up big with his hands for technical & strategic reasons .His boxing looked accurate tonight, using combinations to control space, touching and probing the guard etc. Even the double-jabs, which are rare in MMA, made a pretty noticeable impact disorienting Burns.

I would've liked to see Brady keep throwing those combinations once he backed Burns to the fence rather than shoot a few times. There, he could sit down on them a bit more; the first blitz pretty much always backed burns up

He's a bore, but he has a legit stylistic shot against everybody in the top ten. Shav is a wildcard. I don't really favor anyone against Shav, yet.

Let Garry/Brady figure it out, both are boring as fuck. Garry likes ground game like he did with MVP

Garry he could trouble if he can get past that reach. JDM faceplants him. The difference in striking is far greater than the difference in grappling.
I love JDM, but i'm still not convinced he couldn't be ground out by the stronger wrestlers in the division.

I think Brady is a top 5 guy but he'll never be champ. Nothing about him really separates himself from the other top guys. Belal already proved he's better everywhere.

Its fucking pathetic i had to do a google search just to find out this Sean dude won by a 5 round decision. So glad i avoided this card. I can;t believe you clowns are trying to hype this dude up coming off a decision.
Btw, i went out to eat, and went to see Beetlejuice Beetlejuice with the Wife. Much better use of my time.

I don’t think Belal is anywhere near an all time WW great like GSP, I just think Brady isn’t on someone like Belals level or the top of the WW division.

There’s also nothing that suggest Brady can beat Belal… the only information we have is that Brady not only got outclassed, he somehow managed to be the only guy in UFC history to get knocked out by Belal lol.
He won a round against Belal. I'm sorry but you never seem to watch any fights.

He won a round against Belal. I'm sorry but you never seem to watch any fights.

Lol what fight were you watching? The majority of the official scorecards and most media outlets had Belal easily winning the first round before knocking out Sean in the second.

I think you’re the one who doesn’t watch the fights bro, facts have not been on your side throughout this entire argument.

i see JDM at the same tier as Brady and Gary one tier below and shavkat 2 tier above maybe 3.

Shavkat as potential to be a long term champion.

I dont see JDM ever becoming champ and I see him having like 1 TS and staying a top 5ish fighter his carreer.

And i dont see Gary making it to a title shot unless he gets gifted one right now without facing a contender.

shavkat hasn't faced a single good wrestler in his ufc career
you guys love overhyping "eastern menaces"

I dont see JDM ever becoming champ and I see him having like 1 TS and staying a top 5ish fighter his carreer.
I can see him becoming champ but i don’t see many title defences.

Being a striker in such a wrestling heavy division is definitely a tick against him but strikers have beaten wrestlers before.

And not having great TDD is also not great but being slippery and escaping is a plus.

Cope?
I'm not saying that burns win or that was a robbery. Brady won very clearly brother.

Just saying that sucks watch those 2 men hugging each other on the Cage.
That entire figth nigth was lame, and excluding those WMMA, that's probably the worst main event I've seen in a long time

JDM got wrestlefcked against a journeyman and we've never seen Shavkat against a good wrestler.

Jdm cut weight twice that week and went through last minute opponent changes. Not really fair to base strong opinions on his skillset based off that fight, especially since he is only 27 years old and almost everyone else at the top of that division is older than him.

Last edited:
Back