• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm concerned about someone dying with the kind of fights organizations like Triller put on...

Frank Mir is not much older than a lot ufc current fighters being sanctioned to fight so stop whining
You have less of brain than a goddamn rock, age does not equate to whether a fighter should fight or not since there is also experience involved which Frank Mir has a ton of as well as a lot of damage.

Reactions: Isa
This fight should have never happened and that’s inarguable. You’ve got a 28-2 pro boxer with 14 KO’s against an MMA fighter whose strength is grappling and has been slept 10 times. There was no other way that fight was going to go we can just be thankful that Pulev was nice and didn’t keep going after Mir

I don't hate those guys; they're brilliant businessmen.
gordon-ramsay-fuck-off.gif

He didn't take a lot fo damage. Mir is getting rocked by one semi solid punch., then kod by the other. He is ok.

Less than 12 months ago, Pulev was a consensus top 10 heavyweight of the world. How the fuck did this happen? Even against Belfort would have been ridiculous.

Easy money. An exhibition. Whatever you want to call it. Probably had a good payday with next to no risk.

I agree. And that's the most painful part - that there will always be guys like Mir who gave their best years to a brutal sport, and are now without insurance or retirement income, and are looking for a payday in a dangerous situation where the promoter and the commission should really say no.

While I agree completely with your point, I don't see Mir being broke. He is smart in a sport of knuckleheads. I think he does it for the competition, has said as much in the past, has justified his age being fine given that HW's have more longevity. And Triller pays well on top of it.

So yes, it's a commission issue. If you listen to Nevada hearings they give Wand and Nick basically lifetime bans and laugh out loud in their meetings.

Dana makes MMA fighter take this kind of paydays. Dana has a bad karma pool. I wouldn't wonder, if he will have a bad future accident. No one would gave a fuck about it though. He's a billionaire, they don't have any kind of moral of ethical behavior. They are worst kind of human trash on this planet. So embarrassing, that this kind of people have the power on this planet.

If boxing pays so well then why are legit boxers taking exhibition bouts and easy pay days?

That was a bad mismatch, yes. But overall the MMA guys won the overall contest and scored more points (wins and KO's) than the boxing guys did.

That means they will definitely be having more of these in the future.

Mir should fight Wilder next

A guy just died in BKFC not long ago. A girl died in boxing not long before that. People have been dying for decades, especially in boxing. I’m not sure what the point of the thread really is.

Pro athletes sign a contract to fight in combat sports. Are you volunteering to go through every contract to make sure you don’t see a mismatched fight? They passed all the medical tests administered by the governing AC.

Start with the UFC and every girl signed to fight Amanda. Because on what planet should Pena ever fight Amanda?

In Uranus

Pulev gets MAD respect for not going in when Mir was fish dancing. He could've killed him.

Elite HW beaten only by the best of the best.
Small gloves.
Guy out on his feet standing still.
Hands down.

Mirgliotta nearly f*cked up massively

Money talks. UFC went ahead with a PPV when their fighter failed a drug test. It’s horrible but it is what it is. We more likely then not will see a serious injury with one of these mix and match/celebrity fights.

Im surprised no one around Mir stepped in to stop him. Sad all round

Fair comment. Anyone that thinks guys like Vitor or Brock can't kill someone WITHOUT the roids. But WITH them. Knowingly allowing them to fight ... I'm sure there have been many other occasions

I can't really blame the UFC for this one. Mir made plenty of money in his MMA career, if he thought that the extra million or so he got for this was a fair trade off for the brain cells he lost then that's on him.

Hopefully people around him tell him to call it a day and concentrate on coaching though.

I don't wish anyone harm but Triller has it coming.

Back