• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm concerned about someone dying with the kind of fights organizations like Triller put on...

It’s not boxing so you can negate a ton of advantages. Pulev is old and didn’t come in great shape but mir got hurt really early after he was having some success.

I don’t see the outrage here. He’s capable. It’s how he makes his money. He speaks as clearly as he ever has. He just got knocked out. Which has happened to him from time to time.
It's 98% boxing. No kicks, knees, elbowa, takedowns. Just more clinching aloud

Triller is the future!

No one wants to be a bum fuck UFC fighter. A place you get shit on by your boxercise boss and lose money in most cases to have an opportunity to get CTE and end up on a highlight reel on repeat.

Like Dana said to Costa " go fucking start a YouTube channel"

Good advice, UFC is for chumps who have no concept of self-worth. It used to be cool to be a UFC fighter back in the day but now its just your typical cookie cutter shit.

Mir is delusional and still thinks he can fight at a level beyond his true one.

Man respect tho to Mir, maybe its delusion, but he was always willing to get in there with the best opponents. Carwin, JDS, Hunt, Overeem, Fedor, Lesnar, Cormier, Pulev. And I’m not sure but I believe he was once also offered to fight Cain and he accepted.

If offered today he’d probably sign a contract the contract to fight Ngannou in a heartbeat.

Frank was clearly over-matched, but he looked like he didnt even train. Frank seemed to be in it just for the money which was very dangerous against a guy like Pulev.

So you are saying due to his great experience Frank Mir should certainly continue fighting! Kinda retarded take there imo
I like how you ignored the part where I said he took a lot of damage which is a factor with a ton of experience. I'm pretty sure an actual retard can go farther in life and have a more meaningful one than you ever will.

I like how you ignored the part where I said he took a lot of damage which is a factor with a ton of experience. I'm pretty sure an actual retard can go farther in life and have a more meaningful one than you ever will.
With your not so retarded logic: what about Aa? he’s from same era, mileage and taken plenty of damage too. More fights too.

Any criteria you want to add to your idiot proof logic?

The sanctioning, passing of medicals and commissions allowing match-ups, is terrible in combat sports. The problem is they put faith into the promoter. The promoter is there to make money off the backs of fighters. The commissions are there for the safety of fighters. One oversees the other. One can't let the other decide, as it's not in the promoter's interest to protect the fighter.

But at least when you watch a UFC card, not all are evenly matched, but there is semblance of an even contest. Recent wins and losses, ranking.

This Triller stuff is a step back in it. They call it a mix of two sports, but it's really boxing. They break up clinches. There is no "MMA boxing". MMA is a sport that combines all arts, it's not a single discipline sport. Boxing is.

And the mixing somehow makes it acceptable to put on cross-sport mismatches. As in "they are similar level and it's a combination". No, this is basically boxing, and in boxing Mir vs Pulev is a horrible mismatch. People get hurt that way. The competitive aspect is further away.
Actually, the MMA guys won the night overall. Although, obviously one event is a small sample size

Actually, the MMA guys won the night overall. Although, obviously one event is a small sample size

I watched the Mitrione and Perry fights, they were competitive. I'm talking more about these Mir vs Pulev types, the window is open for more of these with the "combining of sports" concept. You take a guy like Coleman and put him in there vs Whyte, because "Coleman is a former multiple time champion". The logic behind it lacks.

Mir should've never been in that ring.

I agree but the strange part is. Who is paying to watch something like that? I dont get how these events make money. Watching paint dry is as interesting as watching Mir trying to box.

Well and part of the blame also has to go to the fighters.Listen to Mirs interviews. He really thinks that he is competitive even being that out of shape and especially bad at boxing. A prime Mir got destroyed in stand up by someone like Freeman.

Promoters should be ashamed of themselves for that one

Didn't Pulev fight Anthony Joshua like last year? Frank has been completely shot for at least 5 years at this point and was never known for his boxing as it is
How was Justin beating the dog piss out of Tony for 5 rounds straight any different? Fucking Tony was shaking his head and staggering around the cage the entire last round. He took way more damage then Mir did but I don't see you guys crying over that. Odd

Belfort vs Holyfield was also horrible. Evander could barely throw a punch without falling over.

If they're not more ethical in their matchmaking, something unfortunate seems inevitable. Maybe Tyson will kill Logan and they'll stop doing this sort of thing.

How was Justin beating the dog piss out of Tony for 5 rounds straight any different? Fucking Tony was shaking his head and staggering around the cage the entire last round. He took way more damage then Mir did but I don't see you guys crying over that. Odd

How is it any different? Are you thick?

You can't see the difference between sanctioning a fight between 2 top 5 LWs and one between 0-1 in boxing Frank Mir vs 31-2 (only losses to Klitschko and Joshua,) Kubrat Pulev, a man who literally fought for the world titles a year ago

How is that any different? Fuck outta here

the main mistake was imo allowing someone like pulev, an elite hw boxer, to fight these wannabes

Last edited:
Pulev missed with so full swing uppercut that would have probably retired Mir for good.

This was a laughable matchup from the start. Is Kubrat out of his prime? Sure, but he is still a world class HW boxer and top 15 in the world

But maybe Pulev was practicing facing Joe Joyce (who he is rumored to be facing next year) since Joyce and Mir both move at an similar glacial pace

Joe Joyce lives up to his name of the juggernaught. A big lumbering man with labored movement but he somehow gets the job done. Tough as nails too. I think he samahes Pulev.

Mur has gotta keep on going and keep on making these faces:
Triller-Triad-Combat.jpg.optimal.jpg

When I saw that fight on paper when it was first announced I thought it was a joke. Mir is lucky Pulev didn't punch his damn head off while he was wobbling around like a mortal Kombat character.
It was a tragedy waiting to happen.

There were some horrible mismatches. The women fight with the 0-4 49 years old... who the hell booked that?

Guys like Tumenov can compete. Perry a little bit to. But other guys had no business being there.

"Pulev just fought Anthony Joshua. Let's give him Frank Mir now".
{<huh}

Back