• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm concerned about someone dying with the kind of fights organizations like Triller put on...

The Mir fight is the biggest mismatch I can ever recall, though.
Certainly the biggest mismatch on a high profile fight I’ve seen. I couldn’t believe it when I saw who he was fighting. Pulev was one fight removed from fighting Anthony fucking Joshua and Mir is over ten years past his prime (and would have gotten crushed in his prime anyway). There was zero chance this was going more than two rounds. Just awful matchmaking.

Also, going from Anthony Joshua to a 42 year old Frank Mir has to be the biggest one-fight step down in competition of all time.

How is it any different? Are you thick?

You can't see the difference between sanctioning a fight between 2 top 5 LWs and one between 0-1 in boxing Frank Mir vs 31-2 (only losses to Klitschko and Joshua,) Kubrat Pulev, a man who literally fought for the world titles a year ago

How is that any different? Fuck outta here
What I'm saying is that Tony got it about 20 times worse than Mir did. But it's combat sports and they all signed up for it knowing damn well what could happen. Who are we to tell a grown man what he can and can't do with his life. I for one enjoyed the Triller card more than any of the recent UFC cards.

What I'm saying is that Tony got it about 20 times worse than Mir did. But it's combat sports and they all signed up for it knowing damn well what could happen. Who are we to tell a grown man what he can and can't do with his life. I for one enjoyed the Triller card more than any of the recent UFC cards.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but I didn't even mention damage in my original comment, I said the promoters should be ashamed for putting on such a mismatch and I stand by that.

Puluev must have thought he was on candid camera when they came to him with this offer...lmao!

They played it up like it was a level playing field, yet they still broke up the clinch fairly fast, they need to allow more clinch work.

Well I'm glad you enjoyed it but I didn't even mention damage in my original comment, I said the promoters should be ashamed for putting on such a mismatch and I stand by that.
Get used to it because I'm sure they're setting the next one up as I type this. Sorry I like violence when there are willing participants. Can't wait to see what's next, the UFC is too vanilla and better do something drastic to keep people watching. Stomps and soccer kicks to the head anyone?

Back