• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

I'm concerned about someone dying with the kind of fights organizations like Triller put on...

5 years? 10 years ago Mir almost got knocked out by a JAB from Big Nog.

It was a right hand to the temple that completely took his equilibrium away.

1.gif

Yeah, it's worrying. It's scary really. These guys couldn't give a damn (The promoters).
To be fair, it’s not their job to care. Their job is to promote the fights and they will always have a vested interest to do so.

The problem in my estimation is that the commissions share the same monetary reward structure as the promoters, and thus the same vested interest to sanction fights that aren’t safe.

These "athletes" make their choices either due to monetary need or cause they know nothing else... Like old Wrasslers it really never leaves you...

They know what they are signing up for...

Extreme Sports = Extreme Consequences

Now I don't want such to occur and do believe there needs to be more regulation in matchmaking... However it's not something I will pursue with any Flag Waving...

Basically..

<WhatItIs>

Pro athletes sign a contract to fight in combat sports. Are you volunteering to go through every contract to make sure you don’t see a mismatched fight? They passed all the medical tests administered by the governing AC.
it's funny, this is now the second time I've seen you you've lay systemic, organizational decisions on the feet of random sherdoggers

"fighter pay..bah humbug.. how many of you are boycotting the UFC!?!"

That was the biggest mismatch I've ever seen at that level. Having a washed up grappler on a losing streak box a top level boxer on a win streak with his only loss in years being to Anthony Joshua who was world champ at the time. It made absolutely no sense to do it.

Yep. Only ever lost to him and Klitschko. He wasn’t a nobody by any stretch of the imagination
I knew he had a good record but didnt know Joshua and Klitschko were his only 2 losses. 2 world champions... especially Klitschko who was world champ for over 10 years.

Someone could die in any fight, from any strike, from brain bleeding/swelling or a bad concussion. Normal people die all the time just from falling and hitting their head once. It's actually just luck that it hasn't happened yet in the UFC.

There's plenty of mismatches in the UFC and normal boxing events too. What if Kris Moutinho's brain swelled after the O'malley fight and he died in the hospital? Would you be questioning UFC's decision making? Or are you waiting for that to inevitably happen to do so?

One step forward and two steps back. Nobody gets to far like that.

It is almost like Combat sports is devolving back to basics. Stuff like this. Watching Tyson vs Jones, Hollyfield vs Belfort. That polish shit with the 5v5 and only 3 refs. People keeling over in bare knuckle scraps in the corner. Shit, They had two chicks fighting in a phone booth for fucks sakes. It is fucked up man. Can you only imagine what the underground secret scene is like? Probably gladiators going at it somewhere at this very moment for a group of stinking rich business men.

Fans are nuts. Fighters will do just about anything for a quick buck. Humans are savage. It really is not nothing new. The people who Sanction fights are all crooked as fuck. Always have been. The few fights that don't get sanctioned are usually more to do with politics, money and pissing the wrong person off rather then health reasons. They don't give a flying fuck about health.

These promotions know they cannot compete with the UFC doing regular ol' MMA. Their only chance is to be more EXTREME MAAAAAAN.

That falls on the governing bodies that sanction these fights.

Here's a doctor explaining why the fighter died. Interesting, yet still sad situation.

I don’t follow boxing and so when Pulev came up as Mir’s opponent, thought I’d google him.

After seeing his record I thought to myself “Holy Shit…..Mir has a death wish”

apparently he did.

If these sporting event like Triad Combat continue to use UFC refs like Dan Miragliotta yes I could see someone dying. Hell last night Mir could've died from the incompetence of top UFC ref Dan Miragliotta. These events need to use boxing refs for these events. A boxing ref would've stopped the Pulev vs Mir fight much faster than sleeping Miragliotta did.

Miragliotta did a terrible job in 2 consecutive fights. During the Mitrione vs Flores fight he allowed Mitrione to do the Viennese Waltz for the majority of rounds 3 - 7 instead of separating them as he should've for inactivity. Then the Pulev vs Mir in which Mir was KO'd on his feet and it took forever for Miragliotta to come out of his coma to finally figure out Mir was no longer inside his body.

Pulev fought for the HW world title less than a year ago, his only careers losses are to Joshua and Klitschko. He is in, or within a few years of his prime. Mir got KOd in 3 of his last 4 MMA fights, he peaked as a champ 8-10 years ago and lost to a far worse boxer than Pulev in his only other boxing fight.

Ridiculous this was allowed to happen. The risk only gets higher in these heavier weight classes too.

Last edited:
Illegal streaming and bittorrents are the only ways one should consume Triller. Don't pay for that garbage.

Back