If You Almost Beat A Guy To Death, You Should Probably Win....

Maybe Silva should have bothered to finish Bisping?? You don't win a fight because you won two rounds out of three.

Bisping shook it off like it was nothing, just as he did the majority of Anderson's punches and kicks. Anderson hit him flush in the chin with a front kick and Bisping wasn't wobbled. The only shot Silva landed that hurt Bisping was the flying knee.
Bisping was not going to stop until he bled to death....nothing was going to stop him tonight...he took a lot of damage....

Can you imagine what Chris or Rockhold would've done if they hit him that cleanly? Silva was lucky he was fighting Michael "Pillow Hands" Bisping. Let's face it, he's old and it's his chin that's broken now. In his prime he could've taken 100 of Weidman's punches.

Bisping shook it off like it was nothing, just as he did the majority of Anderson's punches and kicks. Anderson hit him flush in the chin with a front kick and Bisping wasn't wobbled. The only shot Silva landed that hurt Bisping was the flying knee.

Anderson shook the knockdown off so easily, he cracked Bisping with an upkick in half a second of reaction time. Let's not act like Anderson was ever actually hurt with that knockdown.

it was the knee. let me see you take a knee like that and keep coming.

Making a guy bleed a lot doesn't mean you automatically win.

Sounds like a lot of people in this thread watched the event on a toaster. It was hometown decisions and terrible officiating all night. Breese, Pickett, and Bisping all got hometown gifted wins

Just saying....
if you beat someone 'amost to death' then they should not be able to keep walking forward and out-landing you whilst taking your best strikes, so i think perhaps you might be slightly exaggerating

Sounds like a lot of people in this thread watched the event on a toaster. It was hometown decisions and terrible officiating all night. Breese, Pickett, and Bisping all got hometown gifted wins
the breese fight sucked but he clearly won

the silva-bisping decision isn't even disputable to an impartial viewer

(the pickett decision was a joke)

I just wonder what the hell was going through Silva's head letting Bisping recover like that in the fourth. Mind boggling fight IQ, Silva should know better than that.

I GET people bemoaning a controversial decision, but this wasn't close to controversial. Silva got *cleanly* outpointed for three rounds before he landed the knee at the end of the third - which was one of the more bizarre scenarios I've seen in the UFC, btw.

Yeah he dropped Bisping in the 4th - but outside of that one shot, he really didn't dominate the round. He won the fifth safely, IMO. He just spent too much time up against the cage letting Bisping love tap him in the face. Even some of his advances - Bisping was able to ebb and score AND he was able to knock him down. There's a reason Anderson didn't go ball to the wall in the fourth - and that's because I think he respected Bisping's power. That also happened.

Basically Silva: smoked him with the knee that cut him. Smoked him with a front kick that cut him and dropped him again. Hit a nasty elbow to the face that busted his nose and cut him again. Outside of that - he got beat to the punch a ton it felt like. He was nervous to advance after getting dropped, had a hard time goading Bisping intothe corner to bang with him and couldn't ever really set a rhythm. Bisping was selective, scored where he could, took a few licks, but otherwise scored the way he needed to to win the fight.

I love Silva - I just never felt like he got out of second gear last night.

I don't think we saw the same fight.

Sucker knee to the mug and some hard shots in the 5th. Other than that goat got roasted.

I agree, TS.

Out of curiosity, to which fight are you referring?

Based on the fact that Bisping was still on his feet and moving fairly well in the 4th round I think Herb made a good call.

And Anderson was doing that bullshit "You're done!" B.J. Penn vs Sherk thing / cocky Palhares thing where you drop someone and jump on the cage celebrating to make the ref stop it prematurely. So I'm glad Herb punished him for it.

Bisping outworked Anderson with crisp annoying jabs, higher work rate, higher volume. Dropped him in the 2nd. Made Anderson scared to start swinging. Bisping was only properly dropped once in the fight and that was his own fault for whining about his mouthpiece and not protecting himself at all times.

Bisping's left hook in the 2nd was a fair knockdown and deserves way more credit than Anderson's dirty (albeit perfectly legal) knee. That's the thing about Anderson's knee. Just because it was technically legal, doesn't mean it was sportsmanlike. It was a dirty move and obviously deliberate. This sport is not just about the rules sometimes. Some things, like those standing elbows Travis Browne landed behind Josh Barnett's ear, those pointy front kicks designed to break the knee, disrupting breathing while in top control and even footstomps; they are all legal but everybody knows they're dirty moves. I can't help having more respect for fighters who win without these kinda dirty moves.

Making a guy bleed a lot doesn't mean you automatically win.

dude was just not bleeding, he was eating his own raspberries

you do know how long he's gonna be out cause of them raspberries

Back