If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't...

So you're judging whether Vitor is on a decline based on how he looked against Bones? No one in the last few years has looked good against Bones. Vitor came closer to finishing him than anyone else and I'm sure people thought Vitor would fade rather quickly but he lasted 4 rounds against the younger champ who is a weightclass up from him. Vitor has only lost to Silva and Bones in the last 2 years and there is no evidence of him having declining speed or skills.

Starting with the excuses early, I see.

You haters just can't bring yourself to give Bisping any repsect.

It's really quite pathetic, you shit on everything he does and mock when he loses, but when he wins you have a laundry list of excuses.

I don't think it's that. Bisping plays the game. He fights for points. He doesn't have the killer instinct that most mainstream fans are looking for. He's not that bad of a fighter, he just hasn't beaten any top tier guys yet. If he ever does, he might gain some respect. But he is a douche and I hope Vitor beats him convincingly.

Heath Herring was #7-ranked HW in the world when Vitor beat him in 2001.

He is a very good win, but not as good as Wanderlei imo. Let's not forget that it didn't take a whole lot to be ranked at heavyweight in 2001.

I don't think it's that. Bisping plays the game. He fights for points. He doesn't have the killer instinct that most mainstream fans are looking for. He's not that bad of a fighter, he just hasn't beaten any top tier guys yet. If he ever does, he might gain some respect. But he is a douche and I hope Vitor beats him convincingly.

23 wins, 18 stoppages = point fighter.

Bisping fans, myself included. Do you honestly think Bisping goes (4) rounds with Jon Jones and almost submits Jones in first round??? I think not, I rest my case. I think Vitor is just in a different class of fighter, just like Hendo.

Vitor still KO's Bisping.

TS, you lost me with: "If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't... "

When he fights the mid to top fighters. Most of his stoppages were to lower fighters.

Yeah, but you said "Bisping plays the game, he fights for points." His record clearly indicates that isn't the case. He went the distance with Hammill, Leben, Akiyama who are all hard headed and hard to stop with strikes. Dan Miller has never been stopped. And Stann also has a hell of a chin. He is also one of only two people to have ever stopped Mayhem.

He is a very good win, but not as good as Wanderlei imo. Let's not forget that it didn't take a whole lot to be ranked at heavyweight in 2001.

In hindsight, Wanderlei is a great win. At the time, Wandy had a few VT fights and was making his UFC debut. He was touted, but not in anyone's ranking list.

Herring had just beaten Big Cat and Enson, and would beat Kerr right after. He was legit top10. HW wasn't that bad at all.

1. Coleman, Mark 155
2. Couture, Randy 131
3. Rizzo, Pedro 112
4. Vovchanchin, Igor 110
5. Fujita, Kazuyuki 85
6. Nogueira, Rodrigo "Minotauro" 84
7. Herring, Heath 52
8. Overeem, Valentijn 44
9. Kerr, Mark 38
10. Telligman, Tra 23

Bisping is fighting a lot smarter these days. When he fought Hendo and Wanderlei he was only looking to strike. Since then he has done a great job of mixing in his wrestling to keep his opponent off balance. He'll do the same to Vitor.

Yeah, but you said "Bisping plays the game, he fights for points." His record clearly indicates that isn't the case. He went the distance with Hammill, Leben, Akiyama who are all hard headed and hard to stop with strikes. Dan Miller has never been stopped. And Stann also has a hell of a chin. He is also one of only two people to have ever stopped Mayhem.

Well what I said is true. If you've watched him fight any top fighters recently, he fights for points.

In hindsight, Wanderlei is a great win. At the time, Wandy had a few VT fights and was making his UFC debut. He was touted, but not in anyone's ranking list.

Herring had just beaten Big Cat and Enson, and would beat Kerr right after. He was legit top10. HW wasn't that bad at all.

1. Coleman, Mark 155
2. Couture, Randy 131
3. Rizzo, Pedro 112
4. Vovchanchin, Igor 110
5. Fujita, Kazuyuki 85
6. Nogueira, Rodrigo "Minotauro" 84
7. Herring, Heath 52
8. Overeem, Valentijn 44
9. Kerr, Mark 38
10. Telligman, Tra 23

I don't know, it wasn't particularly bad, but it wasn't great either. Tra Teligman and Overeem the elder have never been top tier fighters, and Fujita even in his prime wasn't particularly great. Istill think Herring is/was a good win, I just feel that Wanderlei and/or Bisping are bigger accomplishments (besides the size difference that is.)

only 2 years difference, Bisping only has 4 fights in MMA less than Belfort. Plus Bisping had a Kickboxing career before MMA.

Stop acting like Belfort is much older with loads more fights.

Are you that dense? c'mon. Vitor has 8 years more fighting experience than Bisping and fought WAY tougher competition. Vitor's fighting age is far above Bispings, stop acting like fight age doesn't exist.

You Wouldn't argue that Wand hasn't aged would you? he started 2 months after Vitor and is only one year older...Big Nog started in 1999 and you wouldn't say he doesn't have a lot of fight years either even though he started 2 years after Vitor.

Well what I said is true. If you've watched him fight any top fighters recently, he fights for points.

No it isn't, not getting the finish and not trying to finish are completely different things. Rewatch the Dan Miller and Akiyama fights and then tell me he wasn't trying to finish.

The only fight he never really went for it was the fight against roid Leben, who he still managed to beat into a bloody pulp.

lol at bisping barely beating at anyone and with belfort in the same sentence,belforts best win was in 1998 on name basis,since then whenever he gets in there with the guys he loses

What is Bispings best win? just curious...

Now compare resumes.

Bisping is a pretty terrible matchup for Vitor. Bisping can back-peddle faster than pretty much anyone at 185. He does that for 1 round and then Vitor will withdraw into his shell.

I remember people said the same about Wanderlei vs Bisping. Bisping hasn't changd at all since that fight. The way to beat Bisping is having KO power and rushing him when he gets close to the fence. If Vitor implements the same game plan as Wanderlei he will win this fight hands downs. If he waits for Bisping to do his thing and just tries to counter the whole fight he could lose.

I see this fight being like the Franklin or Lindland fight.

No it isn't, not getting the finish and not trying to finish are completely different things. Rewatch the Dan Miller and Akiyama fights and then tell me he wasn't trying to finish.

The only fight he never really went for it was the fight against roid Leben, who he still managed to beat into a bloody pulp.

In the Sonnen fight as well he was holding Sonnen against the cage for so long it was ridiculous I've seen Bisping fight like that.

It's your logic thats stupid. You've already made an excuse for him losing.

Right, aging doesn't exist and neither do fighting years...

And this isn't an excuse thread if I'm not a fan of either one, just an observation.

Sorry you can't grasp that primes and downfalls exist as a concept other than "stupid logic".

You don't get to make up your own logic to try and refute someone else.

Back