If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't...

No it isn't, not getting the finish and not trying to finish are completely different things. Rewatch the Dan Miller and Akiyama fights and then tell me he wasn't trying to finish.

The only fight he never really went for it was the fight against roid Leben, who he still managed to beat into a bloody pulp.

Every fighter will go for the finish if it's there. Bisping included. But he hasn't gone for the finish against the top guys in years. Sorry.

Right, aging doesn't exist and neither do fighting years...

And this isn't an excuse thread if I'm not a fan of either one, just an observation.

Sorry you can't grasp that primes and downfalls exist as a concept other than "stupid logic".

You don't get to make up your own logic to try and refute someone else.

But your point is flawed.

If Vitor wins he's the better fighter.

If Bisping wins Vitor is still the better fighter, he just got old.

Bisping is fighting a lot smarter these days. When he fought Hendo and Wanderlei he was only looking to strike. Since then he has done a great job of mixing in his wrestling to keep his opponent off balance. He'll do the same to Vitor.

He went for a take down against Wanderlei as well what are you talking about? He stopped doing it because when he shoots for TD's he leaves his neck out and almost paid for it against Wanderlei.

Just because he used it well against Stann means nothing. Stann can make anyone look like a grappling champ.

But your point is flawed.

If Vitor wins he's the better fighter.

If Bisping wins Vitor is still the better fighter, he just got old.

Depends how Bisping looks in victory and Vitor looks in defeat wouldn't it? I said that earlier.

Depends how Bisping looks in victory and Vitor looks in defeat wouldn't it? I said that earlier.

Yes, but surely you can see that logic could apply for almost anyone? Take Fedor as an example, heading into the Werdum fight he was still being touted as the best heavyweight in the world,. The moment he lost the same people who were saying he was #1 just hours before were now saying "He's past his prime" and "Prime Fedor would have smashed Werdum." People don't just become old overnight.

Are you for real?

Belfort wins - oh i told you so
Bisping wins - Belfort is not the same

Sherdogtards will take all the merit away from the count if he wins....

Pretty much. Same crap every time.

My fighter wins = OMG he is the greatest/back!

My fighter loses = He is past his prime/injured/not the same.

Such a bullshit copout and I am honestly sick of hearing it.

Yes, but surely you can see that logic could apply for almost anyone? Take Fedor as an example, heading into the Werdum fight he was still being touted as the best heavyweight in the world,. The moment he lost the same people who were saying he was #1 just hours before were now saying "He's past his prime" and "Prime Fedor would have smashed Werdum." People don't just become old overnight.

Are you saying Vitor hasn't looked bad? he looked like the Vitor from Pride in there with Jones but sure I'll say he's looked decent at 185 minus the terrible performance against Anderson. But Fedor is not relevant imo. Fedor was showing signs of slowing down to some people; the Rogers and Arlovski fights being the examples where he faced adversity from formidable strikers and won big. Werdum's guard is probably better than Nogueira's or at least just as good too so I'm sure Fedor had confidence he could get out of submissions but also because he was close to the end of his career which he was.

I see you've got it all mapped out so that Bisping receives no credit for the win. Good to know.

Could Vitor submit Bisping is he doesnt get the knockout?

I see you've got it all mapped out so that Bisping receives no credit for the win. Good to know.

Does it not depend on how Bisping wins and Vitor loses?

I'll gladly give Bisping props if he beats a beastly version of Vitor. We'll see if Vitor's still got it.

Are you saying Vitor hasn't looked bad? he looked like the Vitor from Pride in there with Jones but sure I'll say he's looked decent at 185 minus the terrible performance against Anderson. But Fedor is not relevant imo. Fedor was showing signs of slowing down to some though, the Rogers and Arlovski fights being the examples where he faced adversity from formidable strikers and won big. Werdum's guard is probably better than Nogueira's too so I'm sure Fedor had confidence he could get out but also because he was close to the end of his career which he was.

Well, yes that is what i'm saying. He beat Franklin inside a round, smashed Akiyama (something nobody else in the ufc has done) and beat a big, dangerous fighter in Rumble. His two losses are to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, no shame in either one of those.

As for Fedor, do the Fujita and Randleman fights not count as fights where he faced adversity?

Are you that dense? c'mon. Vitor has 8 years more fighting experience than Bisping and fought WAY tougher competition. Vitor's fighting age is far above Bispings, stop acting like fight age doesn't exist.

You Wouldn't argue that Wand hasn't aged would you? he started 2 months after Vitor and is only one year older...Big Nog started in 1999 and you wouldn't say he doesn't have a lot of fight years either even though he started 2 years after Vitor.

8 years longer and only 4 more fights.

Fair enough if Bisping was 27 or 28, but the guys 33 and there is less than 2 years difference.

as for mileage on the body, Since Bisping made his debut in 2004 Belfort has fought 16 times. Bisping has fought 27 times + 3 times in the space of a few weeks in TUF.

thats nearly double the amount of fights in the same 8 year period.

I think Belfort will catch him and KO him early, but if Belfort loses he has no excuses and its pathetic that people are lining up excuses for him already.

Silva is 37, Hendo is 40+, bo one is saying that about them.

Sonnen is 35 with 40 fights since 1997. same age, more fights, and started earlier. He is fighting one of the top fighters in the world who is young yet no one is saying if sonnen loses its because of his age.

prefight excuses are completely pathetic.

Last edited:
Pretty much. Same crap every time.

My fighter wins = OMG he is the greatest/back!

My fighter loses = He is past his prime/injured/not the same.

Such a bullshit copout and I am honestly sick of hearing it.

Read my screen name and then tell me if you think I look up to Vitor as a person or am a fanboy based on what I'm actually saying. Address the actual topic at hand instead of making a straw man to what I'm actually saying.

How can you even argue that it doesn't matter what fighting age or shape you're in...

"My fighter"...okay...

Starting with the excuses early, I see.

You haters just can't bring yourself to give Bisping any repsect.

It's really quite pathetic, you shit on everything he does and mock when he loses, but when he wins you have a laundry list of excuses.

This so much this. Come on guys have some self respect and at least wait until after the fight to start with the excuses, your just embarrassing yourselves.

Well, yes that is what i'm saying. He beat Franklin inside a round, smashed Akiyama (something nobody else in the ufc has done) and beat a big, dangerous fighter in Rumble. His two losses are to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, no shame in either one of those.

As for Fedor, do the Fujita and Randleman fights not count as fights where he faced adversity?

I would say Bisping is a top caliber guy right now and may look to use his improved wrestling to dominate with his cardio, probably his best weapon. Vitor has never had an answer for the guys who used pressure a lot and made him react. Bisping while he has the ability to be well rounded isn't the smartest fighter on the roster and may stand with Vitor too long, so if that happens Vitor should more than be capable to outspeed and outpower Bispings chin and if he doesn't and looked like the slow Vitor you've got to wonder...

All those wars and beatings he survived contributed to Fedors later losses.

This so much this. Come on guys have some self respect and at least wait until after the fight to start with the excuses, your just embarrassing yourselves.

It's funny, I predicted these exact sort of excuses in a thread earlier today. I just thought they would come AFTER the fight.

That is so far from true....dont you know anything can happen in a fight? This fight is just a pick-em fight and i'm picking Belfort by KO. And if he doesn't win...doesn't meran thats it for him....GTFO lol

No excuses, don't care about Vitor seriously. Bisping has a great shot if they are both prepared and come out at their best. I just think Vitor is a better fighter overall and if he doesn't win and looks like garbage it's definitely a sign of things to come.

Vitor is not the fighter that once was.
He is alot slower and less agile than he was when he shocked the world as the beast.
if he doesnt KO bisping in the first round, i dont see how vitor will win this fight.

it's the same story as any other belfort fight. he stands a good chance of finishing bisping in the 1st round, and if he doesn't he has no chance. frustrating fighter to be a fan of.

Back