If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't...

I think Belfort is better today than he has been in his entire career. If he loses to Bisping, it'll probably be because of the same failings he has always had.

Bisping is gambling that Vitor is over the hill and he will gas after the first round whilst trying to chase him down and that his running on the backfoot will win the fight.
Thus beating a legit MW and giving him credit for a title shot{for what it's worth)
I don't think Bisping has fought anyone with the speed of Vitor even at this stage of his career.
I personally think it's a big mistake for Bisping but I may be wrong.
If Vitor stays on him he could very well catch him with a Hendo bomb and it's goodnight for Mikey.
I'm English so no favouritism here.

Vitor has a moderate chance to get his first top 10 win. I doubt he will succeed

People saying Vitor's gastank in his last fight looked good need to remember he probably cut very little weight. He has looked HUGE in his training camp pictures and I think he is going to really struggle with the cut. He didn't look great when cutting for the Anthony Johnson fight in Dana's blog and I think this time it is really gonna catch up with him. If this goes to the 3rd I think Bisping may even get the TKO.

If Bisping can strike with his illegal knees before Belfort gets a good view of the back of Bisping's head, then this could be anyone's fight

Never been a huge believer in either fighter (measured against their top level peers). As it shakes down, though, Bisping is one of the most well rounded fighters in the division. He moves well, has very solid TDD, and can generally compete on any plateau.

Belfort has the tools he's renowned for, and as those tools tend to be the ones that represent the greatest threat to Bisping (ferocity, fast hooks and overhangs) I'm expecting to see Vitor take this.

The thought of Michael Bisping getting his hand raised over Vitor Belfort bothers my brain.

DanTremlet, cool avatar.... But CroCop was a lefty... :)

Vitor is as unstable as it can be. He could beat anyone in his best days, although he lost 90% of the important fights of his career.

He never, however, loses to mid-ranked fighters. Those are the fights he outclasses the other guy. If he gets beaten by bisping it does means he is way down the hill.

Actually that's the main problem in his loooong career, he has more important losses than important wins.

DanTremlet, cool avatar.... But CroCop was a lefty... :)

I know but it would look dumb if he faced away from the posts.

I didn't make the AV, I just found in a multimedia thread and made it my avatar.

Although Vitor has never been consistent, he also doesn't have a single bad loss on his record. He has a few that he looked bad in, but none were to sub-elite fighters.

Worst loss? Maybe overeem at 205.....still not terrible.

I kind of like Bisping, but Vitor is a higher caliber fighter. Pretty fair to say that if he loses it's a sign he's slippng.

Vitor is as unstable as it can be. He could beat anyone in his best days, although he lost 90% of the important fights of his career.

He never, however, loses to mid-ranked fighters. Those are the fights he outclasses the other guy. If he gets beaten by bisping it does means he is way down the hill.

Actually that's the main problem in his loooong career, he has more important losses than important wins.

The same can be said about Bisping, but he has less losses. Does that mean if Bisping loses that Bisping was on his way down the hill?

I think Belfort is better today than he has been in his entire career. If he loses to Bisping, it'll probably be because of the same failings he has always had.

In the JBJ fight he showed the heart he lacked in most of his career and that made me respect him more. I've always rooted against him, like 90% of the Brazillians.

But he knew that was his last chance of holding a belt. Kinda like the Rampage vs. JBJ bout.

But I just can't see him at his peak. That was 10 years ago.

or, if he loses, it means he isn't way down that hill, and instead that Bisping is not a mid-ranked fighter.

just using your own logic to come to a different - completely logical - conclusion that you somehow managed to leave out :)

The same can be said about Bisping, but he has less losses. Does that mean if Bisping loses that Bisping was on his way down the hill?

Vitor doesn't have a good % of big wins, but just the Abbot, Wandy and Lindland wins are more important than all Bisping wins together.

I have never been a Vitor fan. Always more like a hater actually. But his career is very solid and he never had problems beating mid-tier guys, like Bisping.

...Then he is probably on the road out. Vitor is a lot faster and more capable on the feet than anyone Bisping has fought since Dan Henderson or an aging Wanderlei who put Bisping down at the end of the fight and stole the round for the win. Vitor also has a lot of power just like Hendo and they say a signs you are close to the end is when you lose your power, chin, speed, or killer instinct. It's hard not to notice that Bisping really hasn't beat anyone and has one "top 10 win" over Stann. As far as who I'm picking, I have no idea, if they were at their best I would have to go with Vitor but with Bisping hitting his stride and Vitor looking like crap against Jones outside the one armbar. It's too bad because they tried to make Vitor vs. Bisping in England a few years back when Vitor still had signs of Old Vitor now he may be in decline.

Dude, are you mental? If you know anything you would know that your power is the last thing to go.

If belfort loses to bisping, he needs to retire.

Barring a freak midfight injury, there isn't an excuse for losing to someone as mediocre as the count.

or, if he loses, it means he isn't way down that hill, and instead that Bisping is not a mid-ranked fighter.

just using your own logic to come to a different - completely logical - conclusion that you somehow managed to leave out :)

Hahahah. I agree you are right on that.

But it is easier to think that vitor is going way past his prime, due to his looooong career.

There's speculation on him being on TRT so he might even look better than usual.

Back