If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't...

I would say Bisping is a top caliber guy right now and may look to use his improved wrestling to dominate with his cardio, probably his best weapon. Vitor has never had an answer for the guys who used pressure a lot and made him react. Bisping while he has the ability to be well rounded isn't the smartest fighter on the roster and may stand with Vitor too long, so if that happens Vitor should more than be capable to outspeed and outpower Bispings chin and if he doesn't and looked like the slow Vitor you've got to wonder...

All those wars and beatings he survived contributed to Fedors later losses.

So if you agree that Bisping is a top tier guy, how does a loss to him show that Vitor is old and past it?

And we're going to have to agree to disagree about Fedor.

Why do people make so many speculation threads, as if you know what kind of shape either will come in. The fight could end in 10 seconds or it could go the full 15. Either guy can win it, so shut the fuck up and enjoy the fight. Thank you

8 years longer and only 4 more fights.

Fair enough if Bisping was 27 or 28, but the guys 33 and there is less than 2 years difference.

as for mileage on the body, Since Bisping made his debut in 2004 Belfort has fought 16 times. Bisping has fought 27 times + 3 times in the space of a few weeks in TUF.

thats nearly double the amount of fights in the same 8 year period.

Still not taking competition faced into account, at all.

I think Belfort will catch him and KO him early, but if Belfort loses he has no excuses and its pathetic that people are lining up excuses for him already.

Silva is 37, Hendo is 40+, bo one is saying that about them.

It depends how Vitor looks. If he had two shitty fights in a row you gotta think and use that pea-brain for a sec.

Sonnen is 35 with 40 fights since 1997. same age, more fights, and started earlier. He is fighting one of the top fighters in the world who is young yet no one is saying if sonnen loses its because of his age.

prefight excuses are completely pathetic.

For the last time they are not excuses. I have thoroughly mapped out my opinions regarding how Bisping wins matters and how Vitor loses matters. And the part about retiring is acedemic, Vitor can't do this forever and a loss to Bisping by TKO early on for example would be a bad sign for his fighting career. This is just a fact.

Personally I am interested to see how Vitor does with a full Blackzillians camp

So if you agree that Bisping is a top tier guy, how does a loss to him show that Vitor is old and past it?

And we're going to have to agree to disagree about Fedor.

Depends how he loses and how he would look in defeat, or even in victory. Shogun beat Vera but looked much more flat footed and slow than usual.

It's funny, I predicted these exact sort of excuses in a thread earlier today. I just thought they would come AFTER the fight.

After just explaining that I have no sway toward either guy you still call it excuses.

Could care less who wins, for the 10th time, sherdoggians.

Depends how he loses and how he would look in defeat, or even in victory. Shogun beat Vera but looked much more flat footed and slow than usual.

I would agree but Vitor has never really looked good in defeat, the Saku and Randy fights are prime examples of that.

It's not always the best indicator, Chuck looked better than he had in years in the Franklin fight, it was his chin that showed his age.

I would agree but Vitor has never really looked good in defeat, the Saku and Randy fights are prime examples of that.

It's not always the best indicator, Chuck looked better than he had in years in the Franklin fight, it was his chin that showed his age.

Chuck was also showing signs of aging though. Looked terrible against Jardine, couldn't KO him, was clearly losing power and losing chin from that fight getting dropped by a herky jerky overhand and KO'd future fights. It doesn't matter how Chuck aged, he still did, how is that relevant? just curious

After just explaining that I have no sway toward either guy you still call it excuses.

Could care less who wins, for the 10th time, sherdoggians.

Just because you don't care who wins doesn't mean you aren't making excuses for Vitor. Which you are. An excuse is still an excuse.

Chuck was also showing signs of aging though. Looked terrible against Jardine, couldn't KO him, was clearly losing power and losing chin from that fight getting dropped by a herky jerky overhand and KO'd future fights. It doesn't matter how Chuck aged, he still did, how is that relevant? just curious

The point is Chuck looked the best he had in a long time in a number of his later fights. Prior to getting knocked out, he looked great in the Shogun, Rashad and Franklin fights and was arguably winning all three prior to getting finished. His age showed in his chin, not his performances.

I used Chuck as an example to show that age/mileage show in different ways for different fighters.

Just because you don't care who wins doesn't mean you aren't making excuses for Vitor. Which you are. An excuse is still an excuse.

Being old and looking terrible is an excuse? he may not be aging and KO's Bisping early. We'll see.

Fact still remains, if he looks like garbage 2 fights in a row you have to question it.

The point is Chuck looked the best he had in a long time in a number of his later fights. Prior to getting knocked out, he looked great in the Shogun, Rashad and Franklin fights and was arguably winning all three prior to getting finished. His age showed in his chin, not his performances.

I used Chuck as an example to show that age/mileage show in different ways for different fighters.

Yeah and I already refuted that with saying Chuck showed other signs of aging, bad performances and being inconsistent is another way to age in fighting. I didn't say you could only look bad in performance, why are you making up these irrelevant arguing points for? straw man fallacy against what is actually being said.

Being old and looking terrible is an excuse? he may not be aging and KO's Bisping early.

Fact still remains, if he looks like garbage 2 fights in a row you have to question it.

I didn't say you could only look bad in performance, why are you making up these irrelevant arguing points for? straw man fallacy against what is actually being said.

Wait, he looked like garbage against Rumble? News to me, I thought he looked pretty good in that fight, and as others have stated, nobody has really looked good against Jones yet. I also love how you think an early flash knockout would be proof that he isn't past it.

Also you don't know what a strawman is. I never said that you claimed a fighters performance was the only indicator of fighters looking bad. I merely gave Chuck as an example to show how age shows differently for various fighters. The thing with Vitor is he's so hot and cold that it's nigh impossible to determine if he is done due to one bad fight. He has had really bad fights his entire career!

Still not taking competition faced into account, at all.

It depends how Vitor looks. If he had two shitty fights in a row you gotta think and use that pea-brain for a sec.

For the last time they are not excuses. I have thoroughly mapped out my opinions regarding how Bisping wins matters and how Vitor loses matters. And the part about retiring is acedemic, Vitor can't do this forever and a loss to Bisping by TKO early on for example would be a bad sign for his fighting career. This is just a fact.

Lets look at this for a minute.

Since he turned 30 he has gone 7-2 in his last nine, won a title ( cage rage ). only lost to 2 guys who are champions of their Divisions and regarded as 2 of the best of all time.

thats not bad, so why on earth is it signalling the end of your career by maybe losing to a guy thats on course for a title shot and arguably top 5 in the division if he beats you.

What that tells me is he is still only losing to top guys.

those are some good points, ts. anyone but the most delusional of fans would have to agree with most of what you said.

Lets look at this for a minute.

Since he turned 30 he has gone 7-2 in his last nine, won a title ( cage rage ). only lost to 2 guys who are champions of their Divisions and regarded as 2 of the best of all time.

thats not bad, so why on earth is it signalling the end of your career by maybe losing to a guy thats on course for a title shot and arguably top 5 in the division if he beats you.

What that tells me is he is still only losing to top guys.

why don't we break those numbers down even further?

since 2009, he has gone 2-2 with his only two victories coming over a sexyama who amassed a total of 1 win in his ufc career, and a rumble who was so out of shape and dehydrated he couldn't even make 185. vitor pulled out the first win via strikes to the back of the head, and the second win by choking out a gassed rumble, after he got helped back to his feet multiple times by dan mirgliotta. in his two losses, he got ko'd in the first, then beat on for 3+ rounds until he got subbed.

vitor should win that one. i am not too worried for vitor. he owes shael a ko too.

Bisping will pick Vitor apart on the feet...Vitor will gas out like he Always does. imo

Bisping is a pretty terrible matchup for Vitor. Bisping can back-peddle faster than pretty much anyone at 185. He does that for 1 round and then Vitor will withdraw into his shell.

This.

Bisping rarely gets hit in round 1, he's known a very strong starter......

tumblr_matum1qGP11qfrkf9o1_500.gif

Michael_Bisping__vs._Jorge_Rivera_4.gif

mzpsk.gif

BispingvsKangknockdown.gif

Right, aging doesn't exist and neither do fighting years...

And this isn't an excuse thread if I'm not a fan of either one, just an observation.

Sorry you can't grasp that primes and downfalls exist as a concept other than "stupid logic".

You don't get to make up your own logic to try and refute someone else.

I understand people get old.

But whenever someone loses, it's because they're past their prime. Excuses are stupid.

I'm not going into this anymore

Back