If Vitor has anything left he will KO Bisping and if he doesn't...

or, if he loses, it means he isn't way down that hill, and instead that Bisping is not a mid-ranked fighter.

just using your own logic to come to a different - completely logical - conclusion that you somehow managed to leave out :)

Thank you!

^You do realize Vitor has been fighting since he was 18 in 1996 and fought everyone and Bisping started in 2004 and has barely beaten anyone and hasn't run the gaunlet.

lol at bisping barely beating at anyone and with belfort in the same sentence,belforts best win was in 1998 on name basis,since then whenever he gets in there with the guys he loses

Hahahah. I agree you are right on that.

But it is easier to think that vitor is going way past his prime, due to his looooong career.

i know. many feel the same way you do.

i just see a Bisping who has gotten better and better over the years. alas, as of yet he still beats mid tier guys and loses to top 7 guys; we'll see if he has finally put all the tools together to end that trend.

Thinking Vitor will do the same as Hendo to Bisping. If Bisping runs his mouth to Vitor it'll be over even faster.

Sak was king of the world in 1999. Vitor looked shitty, yes, and that's what started the perennial "inconsistent" talks. but Sak was all but unstoppable then (until Father Time stopped him)

Vitor looked shitty (against the kicks), but it's not a "bad loss" on his resume.

That is the point I was trying to make. Vitor doesn't have a bad loss on his resume, although in ANY of his losses he has looked bad.

He got dominated by Randy both times, grinded by Hendo, highlight-kicked in the gut by Chuck, had his will broken by Tito in rd 3, got outstruck and subbed by Overeem, etc etc. He has never really looked good in a loss, aside from a few moments (or maybe a round in the case of Tito).

But there is not a single fighter that wasn't great at the time of the loss.

I favor Belfort because of the power and speed edge, but the fight pretty much can look like Bisping vs Stann, although Vitor is more competent on the ground.

Vitor looked shitty (against the kicks), but it's not a "bad loss" on his resume.

That is the point I was trying to make. Vitor doesn't have a bad loss on his resume, although in ANY of his losses he has looked bad.

He got dominated by Randy both times, grinded by Hendo, highlight-kicked in the gut by Chuck, had his will broken by Tito in rd 3, got outstruck and subbed by Overeem, etc etc. He has never really looked good in a loss, aside from a few moments (or maybe a round in the case of Tito).

But there is not a single fighter that wasn't great at the time of the loss.

i agree with you; i was responding to ali2013champ who uploaded that Sak bout (because i assume disagrees with us)

and the fact is, most don't understand the Sakuraba of 1999-2001. a short lived reign, yes, but a reign nonetheless. sure wish he'd fought F Shamrock!

Every time someone loses to Bisping, they should retire right? I mean they must be over the hill if they lose to him, so it's only logical that if you lose a fight to a talented middleweight like Bisping, you must be done.

The thought of Michael Bisping getting his hand raised over Vitor Belfort bothers my brain.

It's going to be a rough night for you then.

Never been a huge fan of either men for differing reasons but I'm of the mind Bisping takes this. They both have a habit of crumbling to only the best in the world and I think if Spits wins he'll be finally primed for a beating from Anderson. Cardio, boxing, TDD...short of his shark frenzy rush I don't see Vitor giving Bisping a Portuguese Breakfast.

I'm interested to see if Bisping will use his wrestling at all in this fight, or if he's interested in standing with Vitor early on. I think Vitor has more ways to win than Bisping, and his power is an element that separates him from Bisping in a big way. Anyway, this is a really great fight between a couple of crafty veterans. Looking forward to it.

I like both Vitor and Bisping. I think Vitor will probably KO Bisping, but too be honest, I don't think it would be a very impressive win. I like watching Bisping fight, but I just don't think he's that good of a fighter.

i agree with you; i was responding to ali2013champ who uploaded that Sak bout (because i assume disagrees with us)

and the fact is, most don't understand the Sakuraba of 1999-2001. a short lived reign, yes, but a reign nonetheless. sure wish he'd fought F Shamrock!

Yes, we were both agreeing with each other.

There is no question that a fantasy match at any point in MMA history would be Frank-Sakuraba in lat 99, early 00

It's much worse to have lost to 205 Overeem than Sakuraba at Pride 5

How so? Sakuraba was a badass. A natural born athlete and far beyond young Overeem of the 205 days.

Edit: Nevermind. I misread that. (weeps in corner)

I like both Vitor and Bisping. I think Vitor will probably KO Bisping, but too be honest, I don't think it would be a very impressive win. I like watching Bisping fight, but I just don't think he's that good of a fighter.

Yeah, it'll only be his biggest win since... 1998.

Hes obviously a good fighter and top 10 in his weight division. If he isnt that good that Rashad and Sonnen cant be much better for having such close fights with him.

How so? Sakuraba was a badass. A natural born athlete and far beyond young Overeem of the 205 days.

Edit: Nevermind. I misread that. (weeps in corner)

No problem. Before my main point gets lost, NONE of his losses are bad on paper.

^You do realize Vitor has been fighting since he was 18 in 1996 and fought everyone and Bisping started in 2004 and has barely beaten anyone and hasn't run the gaunlet.

only 2 years difference, Bisping only has 4 fights in MMA less than Belfort. Plus Bisping had a Kickboxing career before MMA.

Stop acting like Belfort is much older with loads more fights.

only 2 years difference, Bisping only has 4 fights in MMA less than Belfort. Plus Bisping had a Kickboxing career before MMA.

Stop acting like Belfort is much older with loads more fights.

well, he is though. most fighters don't fight top not competition for 10+ years, let alone 15. very few. eventually it takes it's toll.

either way, Vitor still beat Sexy & Johnson & Franklin recently. these fights tell us enough; he's in the top half echelon of the division. now all we have left to find out if he should be ranked top 5 or top 20. we'll know that soon.

Back