Rumored If Stipe is injured, will Jon face the music against the "official" backup Tom?

Suppose it isn't just Jon's ego that is motivating him into getting into real athletic HW shape (bc we have made so much fun of him for looking soft and weird as a HW)? Maybe Jon anticipates the possibility that this scenario may play out, and wants to be ready?

Eh, who am I kidding? If he let an entire card go down the shitter over Chael, he ain't fighting Tom.

Wriggle his way out? He signed a contract to fighters Stipe. Up and comers and people trying to be company men do that switch of a fighter nonsense. Jones will not. Because he doesn't have to.
no sir... Tom Aspinal is an interim champion. he's not some new up and comers who's not even in the top 5 ranking. Aspinal should have been a Stipe spot because he's actual interim champ.

why do i always see sherdoggers post that they want either jones or stipe gets injured
sounds desperate
theyre already fighting in like a month lol

Suppose it isn't just Jon's ego that is motivating him into getting into real athletic HW shape (bc we have made so much fun of him for looking soft and weird as a HW)? Maybe Jon anticipates the possibility that this scenario may play out, and wants to be ready?

Eh, who am I kidding? If he let an entire card go down the shitter over Chael, he ain't fighting Tom.
he already strangled gane
i thought you guys said he was athletic
he was big
he moves so fast
hes a real heavyweight

but why all of a suden you change your opinions when he strangled him

the same gane who francis went life and death with

Jon will fight Tom. If he doesn’t it will make him look really bad. Jon doesn’t want that. An. And it the second time the fight would fall through, they would move on

he already strangled gane
i thought you guys said he was athletic
he was big
he moves so fast
hes a real heavyweight

but why all of a suden you change your opinions when he strangled him

the same gane who francis went life and death with
I've literally never said any of those things. What are you on about?

If Stipe pulls out and Jones withdraws from the card Dana NEEDS to strip him. This is ridiculous. If he's going to duck the interim champ take the title off him, make Aspinall the undisputed champion and let Jones go off and do his legacy fight at another date.

unless his contract for the fight states that he must accept a replacement opponent in case of injury, the answer is no

Now we know that Jon didn't take that fight against Chael short notice, but Tom was announced as the backup fighter MONTHS in advance so Jon couldn't wriggle his way out.

Could you imagine the fan backlash if Jon didn't take that fight and that was the last we heard of him? It would be yet another huge asterisks on his legacy.

Multiple times we’ve seen a fighter pull out, yet a different fighter gets the backup up spot. Eg Volk got the shot against Islam instead of gamrot (the official backup fighter)

I kinda don’t like it. Aspinall is taking on a full camp and weight cut to be the backup. Jones should not refuse it if it comes to pass imo given that this is advanced notice.

unless his contract for the fight states that he must accept a replacement opponent in case of injury, the answer is no
This is what I’m wondering. We the fans probably won’t get to know this, since the ufc will want to go with what is best for their business. So that could mean postponing jones vs stipe yet again.

Hope it doesn’t go that route

I sure as fuck wouldn't if I were Jon.

If I was champ I would never take a backup fighter if it's on like a weeks notice. Fuck that shit. I'm the champ and demand a proper camp focused on that particular guy. Sure, challengers are gonna want to fucking take that chance because they have the chance of becoming freaking champ tho.
How is it a week notice? Jon has months of time in advance to know he should train for Tom as the backup.

Dudebrefused to fighte chael...he'll avoid aspinal like the plague.
That will look terrible as Tom is the Interim and confirmed backup for a while.

That would mean Jon has known about this for months by the time the fight happens and is out right ducking Tom.

Even crazier would be if it held the title up even longer or if Jon got stripped.

Nope. I don't give a shit about his past accomplishments at LHW, the cold hard truth is that it changes nothing at HW: Jones is ducking the real competition and the interim champ.

If he wants to pick his opponents and fight old semi-retired fighters way past their prime exclusively, he should vacate the belt.

Jones has months to prepare for both if he doesn't take it he's basically saying:

"I'm afraid to lose to Tom Aspinall"

The GOAT?
Jones has been afraid of everyone he's fought

I remember how afraid he was since Shogun

The difference here, if Jones chokes out Tom, no one will even remember that win or who Tom was.

Hell people say the Gane fight didnt actually happen and Ganes not a real HW

<WhatIsThis>

People will call Tom a chump more than ANY other fighter Jones has faced. But its fun to set up the narrative Jones is "scared"
<scurred>

I kinda don’t like it. Aspinall is taking on a full camp and weight cut to be the backup. Jones should not refuse it if it comes to pass imo given that this is advanced notice.

Asking as I really don't know. Does Tom cut any weight ? Outside of losing anything during the camp.

They're giving Jon the heads up, Dana will rake him through the coals if he doesn't step up. Even admidst all Dana's glazing, he's still mad about Jon not taking the Chael fight when Jon had no time to prepare. Now he has months.
Months? Is the fight not next month?

Back