Opinion: Why Jon Jones vs. Tom Aspinall Needs to Happen

UFC has been more entertainment than sport for a long time now. I mean, Colby fucking Covington just got a title shot. It's not just the HW division.

HW right now is truly a not so good division so I'm indifferent to the current situation.
"The UFC hasn't functioned like a sport in a long time."
Let's say UFC strips Jon. Jon and Stipe never fight again. Then what? Aspinall vs Sergei who he just beat? Aspinall vs Blaydes 3? Aspinall vs Gane for Gane's 3rd title shot? Aspinall vs Volkov who he already finished in a round? There's nothing really there. What the hell are people in such a rush for?
"Why are fans in such a rush for it to start functioning like a sport again????"

"The UFC hasn't functioned like a sport in a long time."

"Why are fans in such a rush for it to start functioning like a sport again????"
What pressing matchups are so urgent they can't wait a couple months? It's like you missed the entire point of that post.

What pressing matchups are so urgent they can't wait a couple months?
Me: it's not a matter of pressing match-ups
You: What pressing matchups are so urgent they can't wait a couple months???? derp derp

It's like you missed the entire point of that post.
"Why are you refusing to go along with my bullshit?"

Your take is even more retarded than I originally imagined. The division isn't going anywhere. Jon's going to retire. Settle down a bit.
Everyone who thinks this fight is garbage: Can we end this shit and get back to functioning like a sport?
You: What pressing match-ups could possibly be motivating people to hate this fight???

Yer a genius, Harry.

Everyone who thinks this fight is garbage: Can we end this shit and get back to functioning like a sport?
You: What pressing match-ups could possibly be motivating people to hate this fight???

Yer a genius, Harry.
Maybe you don't care about watching Jon and Stipe's last MMA fight, but some of the rest of us do. Were taking you along the ride and you're just gonna have to deal with it. Sorry but that's what's gonna happen and you can cry if you like but you should enjoy it. HW is gonna be dead when they retire.

457743095_18467680216014084_1276747837799756522_n.jpg

Maybe you don't care about watching Jon and Stipe's last MMA fight, but some of the rest of us do. Were taking you along the ride and you're just gonna have to deal with it. Sorry but that's what's gonna happen and you can cry if you like but you should enjoy it. HW is gonna be dead when they retire.

457743095_18467680216014084_1276747837799756522_n.jpg
"You've put me in a place where I can't pretend the issue is people being silly about pressing match-ups, so I'm going to overtly embrace my unthinking acceptance of garbage and will attack you for not being a tool."

Yer a genius, Harry.

"You've put me in a place where I can't pretend the issue is people being silly about pressing match-ups, so I'm going to overtly embrace my unthinking acceptance of garbage and will attack you for not being a tool."

Yer a genius, Harry.
No you moron I didn't attack anyone or start with the idiocy until you started pretending you care about the integrity of the barren landscape of the HW division. You aren't really missing out on anything at all, but you're crying like you are.

No you moron I didn't attack anyone or start with the idiocy until you started pretending you care about the integrity of the barren landscape of the HW division. You aren't really missing out on anything at all, but you're crying like you are.
"I can't understand why anyone would care about this incredible low point in the UFC's ability to function like a sport and I'm going to attack people who call out my stupidity on the subject."

Yer an elder statesman, Harry.

"I can't understand why anyone would care about this incredible low point in the UFC's ability to function like a sport and I'm going to attack people who call out my stupidity on the subject."

Yer an elder statesman, Harry.
Imagine how low IQ you have to be in 2024 to think UFC has any integrity or will operate as a meritocracy.

Imagine how low IQ you have to be in 2024 to think UFC has any integrity or will operate as a meritocracy.
"I'm going to attack people for not silently accepting garbage."'

Yer a shill, Harry.

"I'm going to attack people for not silently accepting garbage."'

Yer a shill, Harry.
Not at all. I've avoided these threads for the most part. You're just beating a dead horse over and over and if you seriously think UFC will stop being corrupted by greed and change it's business model you will be continually let down over and over. Consider finding a new sport that doesn't show heavy favortism to particular athletes, or at least a different promotion. UFC sees growing profit every year. They don't give a crap about purists like you.

Not at all.

What do you think it means when I say you're attacking people for not silently accepting garbage? Because it means this:

I've avoided these threads for the most part. You're just beating a dead horse over and over and if you seriously think UFC will stop being corrupted by greed and change it's business model you will be continually let down over and over. Consider finding a new sport that doesn't show heavy favortism to particular athletes, or at least a different promotion. UFC sees growing profit every year. They don't give a crap about purists like you.

What do you think it means when I say you're attacking people for not silently accepting garbage? Because it means this:
I'm being honest with you. I accepted a long time ago UFC is all about money first, second, and third. I don't know if you just live in some fantasy where they will stop wanting to make billions of dollars every year and change their mind or what. You should probably find a new sport that's actually a sport if you want to watch sports.

I'm being honest with you. I accepted a long time ago UFC is all about money first, second, and third. I don't know if you just live in some fantasy where they will stop wanting to make billions of dollars every year and change their mind or what. You should probably find a new sport that's actually a sport if you want to watch sports.
Do you understand why I called you a tool? You're literally saying you'll accept any of the UFC's garbage uncritically and want everyone else to, as well. You're telling people who are passionate enough about the sport to care when the UFC makes it shittier to find a different sport to be passionate about.

I can't imagine having such low personal standards, let alone trying to enforce them on others (especially in such a dishonest way where you have to pretend the issue is people seeing pressing match-ups where there are none). I have no respect for your intelligence and think your personality is much shittier than what I want to subject myself to, so I'm going to end this back-and-forth right here.

Do you understand why I called you a tool? You're literally saying you'll accept any of the UFC's garbage uncritically and want everyone else to, as well. You're telling people who are passionate enough about the sport to care when the UFC makes it shittier to find a different sport to be passionate about.

I can't imagine having such low personal standards, let alone trying to enforce them on others (especially in such a dishonest way where you have to pretend the issue is people seeing pressing match-ups where there are none). I have no respect for your intelligence and think your personality is much shittier than I want to subject myself to, so I'm going to end this back-and-forth right here.
Ok moron. I don't think anything of your intelligence. Go back to your fantasy where Dana White suddenly finds a heart after living his whole life without one. They just partnered with TKO and are exploring ways to make even more profits than before . They do not give a shit about what a purist thinks about the meritocracy of any of it. This is the reality of the situation. I'm here to watch fights.

I look forward to your future posts crying about why we don't live in an ideal world.

Last edited:
Back