Rumored If Stipe is injured, will Jon face the music against the "official" backup Tom?

Listen to yourself -- "just MONEY" -- well duh, it's Prize Fighting.

But the Legends of this Fight will be exalted in the annals of MMA History -- especially the Winner. People arguing the legitimacy will fade away into obscurity -- clinging to their opinions as the mob moves on to the next distraction.

Aspinall is the SMALL BEER in this fight triangle.
Ryan Bader in the annals of MMA history for creaming Fedor twice, GOAT shit.

He doesn't take the fight people will pick on him. He takes it and loses people will say he was never that great. He takes it and wins people will take Tom didn't have enough time or some other junk.

Stipe and Jones will happen, then Dana will drive the brinks truck up to Jon's house and get the Tom fight. He beats Tom and retires for good.

Jones will not take the backup fight against Tom and the card will be cancelled and Jones will stripped and cut from the UFC
I can live with that. But again, what is the point of announcing a back up fighter just to not follow through when the situation presents itself. It’s like ufc announce Pavlovich as back up in the initial fight only to have Stipe refuse. The ufc has lost credibility handling the hw situation already.

Jones has months to prepare for both if he doesn't take it he's basically saying:

"I'm afraid to lose to Tom Aspinall"

The GOAT?

No way on God's green earth would he take Aspinall on short notice. He would likely ensure low income children have a new bibles instead.

I was going to say on paper, no he shouldn't. He'd be risking so much for his biggest challenge at HW. But after thinking about it, if he got a cycle in with his injury, he's coming back fresh and powered up against an Aspinall who probably is half training for a backup.

As you mentioned Prime Jones wouldn't fight Chael after he'd a had a full camp with a weeks notice of the opponent change so no way he takes a fight with Tom without training for him specifically.

True but you look at Jones' resume from his prime and it's a roster of killers, he didn't really duck anyone.

That said now there's zero chance he's fighting Aspinall, i hope I"m wrong though, would love to see that one.

Sorry this Goat wasn’t willing to fight the Undefeated. 49-0 Chael Sonnen as a replacement for 42 year old Dan Henderson, don’t think the guy who chose to fight Stipe over Tom is going to be willing to fight him under any conditions.

Curtis Blaydes sounds riddled with CTE during his interview in this video. Jesus!

I was going to say on paper, no he shouldn't. He'd be risking so much for his biggest challenge at HW. But after thinking about it, if he got a cycle in with his injury, he's coming back fresh and powered up against an Aspinall who probably is half training for a backup.

This is the thing I don't get... isn't Jon supposed to be the baddest fucking man on the planet... put 4 guys in a room... GOAT stuff? But he won't fight Aspinall after having a full camp and trained with the best of the best? Jon should be ready to fight anyone, not just Tom or Stipe.

Jones will not take the backup fight against Tom and the card will be cancelled and Jones will stripped and cut from the UFC
The UFC have already planned for this I'm sure. In the event Stipe gets injured and Jones refuses Aspinall as a backup, the UFC will find a replacement opponent for Aspinall. Jones will be stripped and Aspinall will fight for the vacant HW title. Volkov/Gane is in December, so one of those guys could potentially fight Aspinall at UFC 309. Dana White could find another opponent for the other.

Hell no, jones will not fight Aspinall if Stipe pulls out

Likely scenario is, if Stipe is injured, he will still wanna fight Jones. Kinda like Aljo vs Dillashaw

And Jones can FO from the sport thinking he fought the best HWs while ducking Aspinall

Wriggle his way out? He signed a contract to fighters Stipe. Up and comers and people trying to be company men do that switch of a fighter nonsense. Jones will not. Because he doesn't have to.
When they (the UFC) sign a fighter to be the "Back Up" for a title fight that fighter gets paid to show up and make weight. The UFC wouldn't do that if the fighters were not going to accept a fight with said back up. That's why it made no sense for the UFC to make an Interim HW title that didn't include Stipe.

Not sure if Aspinall is an Official Back Up but the fact he holds the Interim Title in the event Stipe were injured and pulled from this fight Jon would have to fight him or vacate. It would be too sad to see the UFC leave the belt on Jon if he was ducking Tom in the event that happened.

Back