• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Ian Machado Garry wants to prove he's "the best striker that this division has ever seen" and calls

I'd say give him Colby but ranking wise it wouldn't make sense. I'd just love to see Colby beat the breaks off this over rated clown. This might be the most unlikable fighter in years. Neil made a joke about beating him like a child and he spent the whole press conference trying to shame him as if he were a child abuser. Hope this woke pussy gets his teeth kicked in

Did anyone else notice when shavkat was brought up post fight he kinda shook it off.and went straight to Wonderboy.. that's all I needed to hear. Btw I have Thompson beating Garry if it happens in the next 6 months or so

This dude does not have it mentally. Zero killer instinct. He had a guy with literally 1 functioning leg and was still so scared to commit to his strikes and was feinting for no reason missing most of his strikes. He clearly has the striking skills to go very far but just missing that striking IQ that's needed to be champ. Don't see IT
In fairness Neil doesn't get koed. And Garry is no Maia on the ground. That said you're right he has no killer instinct. A bit of a hype job. Gauranrtee he'll ask for Holland or Neal if he doesn't get Thompson. No way he or Dana want him near shavkat or burns

Did anyone else notice when shavkat was brought up post fight he kinda shook it off.and went straight to Wonderboy.. that's all I needed to hear. Btw I have Thompson beating Garry if it happens in the next 6 months or so

Yeah Shavkat would tear him apart. That fight showed me something that made me say he doesn't have IT.

Opponent with 1 functioning leg and dude still couldn't commit to his strikes..

In fairness Neil doesn't get koed. And Garry is no Maia on the ground. That said you're right he has no killer instinct. A bit of a hype job. Gauranrtee he'll ask for Holland or Neal if he doesn't get Thompson. No way he or Dana want him near shavkat or burns

Magny's a vet so he does know how to defend himself but he's also been TKOed before its not like he has an iron chin. He has double digit losses and has ni KO power even when he has 2 functioning legs.

He has the skills to be one of the best strikers currently but something missing

Dana said wonderboy turned it down already.

And we all know Dana always tells the truth.
I might have misunderstood, but I thought Dana meant that WB turned down the opportunity to replace Geoff Neal on ten days notice rather than refusing to fight Garry ever.

To me, that makes more sense than Dana calling up WB in the early hours of the morning post fight and trying to book him against Garry.

He might have a few top 10 wins but Colby will be the one to end the Machado simplex virus and make MMA great again.
I’m on this train. The best way to have someone insufferable lose is to have them lose to someone equally as insufferable. The trash talk leading up to the bout would be epic shit and prime tv entertainment.

It is a good callout tbh. Wonderboy is the best striker in the history of the division, and still has the ability to win stand up battles. Although yes, he’s 40 now so he’s bound to fade out soon

It is the smart matchup for him. Geoff and WB are the other strikers within that division.

Garry lost me as a fan tonight. Fight sucked and hes obnoxious as shit. Feed him to Geoff Neal.

I might have misunderstood, but I thought Dana meant that WB turned down the opportunity to replace Geoff Neal on ten days notice rather than refusing to fight Garry ever.

To me, that makes more sense than Dana calling up WB in the early hours of the morning post fight and trying to book him against Garry.
Ah. You could be right.

I enjoy watching Garry fight, but calling out someone (Wonderboy) who is fifteen years older than himself is not a great look.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
romanych
Back