I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

Well the way Bisping handled Anderson (minus the cheapass knee Anderson threw) he should beat Franklin comfortably

Franklin vs Shamrock was rigged.

Ken threw that fight for the money.

Bisping beat Silva, Rich dieded agaimst Silva

Bisping murdered Cung Le, who murdered Rich.

Don't kid yourself, bisping outworks Ace to a UD.
We gonna pretend the same Silva that fought Ace was the same Silva that fought Bisping?

Is MJ on the 96-98 Bulls the same MJ that played for the Wizards?

Bisping’s output is significantly higher than Rich’s, for better or worse. Perhaps it needed to be because Rich had more power.
Exactly what I was thinking

I’d also like to add bisping has better hands. That’s a great fight and I think a lot of you are severely underestimating Bisping’s changes. We will never know though.
I think Bisping's hands/boxing got better as his career moved along. He also started sitting down on his punches more. With that said, I believe he started slowing down so he had to adjust his game. He wasn't as quick as he once was. His volume went down too. I think little ailments started adding up. Keep in mind as his UFC career progressed his use of kicks had an inverse correlation and went down. Remember Bisping was a kickboxer not a boxer.

Just my two cents.

Better wrestling based on what
Dude came out of Team MFS and later the "Ohio" team. Guy was surrounded by wrestlers.

If I have to tell why guys that came out of MFS had good wrestling than you need a history lesson.

I agree with a lot of this.

Firstly, I think prime Bisping would win a decision because his output is simply higher and I believe he has better boxing.

However, like you said, I’d rich were groomed for today’s mma climate, it might be a different story. In fact, rich was a pioneer of sorts when it came to diligently learning each craft and almost NEVER getting tired. Rich Franklin, for his era, was better than Bisping was to his era. But from an absolute perspective, I have Bisping winning a Decision, prime for prime. That fight potentially has 50/50 written all over it.
I'm just not impressed with Michael Bisping. Before the SFORCE middles came over, he couldnt win a contender fight. 0...nada. His record is saturated with decision wins over " not the best of 185ers "..... even fights that he was a significant favorite in. I still gave him the benefit of doubt ( of being a top 185er) and then Tim Kennedy, single handily, places/placed Bisping where he belongs in the 185 pecking order. Rockhold fight aside( and - in hindsight - I can really take a poke at Luke but I wont go there). One of the worst versions of vitor took care of ping.
Bjj practitioner Thales Leites probably shouldve been on the winning side of split in 25 minute walk down.
I could go on and on and on. I keep seeing this " output " shit. I mean - look what 48 year old hendo did to him.

Michael Bisping was a very good fighter ....always brought but nothing special in my eyes for my money.

Sometimes the truth just stings. I don't hate Michael Bisping.I do blame him for something, indirectly ( but that's a me thing and people who are familiar with me know what it is) , but in no way would that effect the way I dish it..... which is straight with genuine cherries on top.

He caught lightning in a bottle , did nothing but try to cherry pick but theory goes sideways when YOU'RE THE CHERRY.

Gsp, a 4 year off the shelf welter, was only willing to fight one middleweight. He hasnt fought since.

I apologize- getting away from topic . I'd put line on fight instead of further opinions.

Prime Franklin - 165
Prime Bisping +145

A fight that either could win and I'm trying to be nice cause I dont see Mike hurting Rich [ prime v prime]but I can see the other way around. FFS, Leites aside, he couldn't hurt CB Dolloway.

For the record, I dont consider Rich a top half dozen 185er of all time ( I'd have to give it some thought .He might land in top 10 but more towards 10).

The Tim Kennedy fight defines ALOT in the way I would label Bisping. I mean that in different ways as I digest his body of work before and after. He was a -180 favorite in that fight ( smack dead in middle of his career) and the fight was one sided.

Flip side of coin - I absolutely love Bisping as an analyst/commentator. I find myself agreeing with alot he has to say ( you can say " who the fuck am I ?"... fair enough)

That's what I got. That's my proverbial retort.
I apologize for lengthy post.

I'm just not impressed with Michael Bisping. Before the SFORCE middles came over, he couldnt win a contender fight. 0...nada. His record is saturated with decision wins over " not the best of 185ers "..... even fights that he was a significant favorite in. I still gave him the benefit of doubt ( of being a top 185er) and then Tim Kennedy, single handily, places/placed Bisping where he belongs in the 185 pecking order. Rockhold fight aside( and - in hindsight - I can really take a poke at Luke but I wont go there). One of the worst versions of vitor took care of ping.
Bjj practitioner Thales Leites probably shouldve been on the winning side of split in 25 minute walk down.
I could go on and on and on. I keep seeing this " output " shit. I mean - look what 48 year old hendo did to him.

Michael Bisping was a very good fighter ....always brought but nothing special in my eyes for my money.

Sometimes the truth just stings. I don't hate Michael Bisping.I do blame him for something, indirectly ( but that's a me thing and people who are familiar with me know what it is) , but in no way would that effect the way I dish it..... which is straight with genuine cherries on top.

He caught lightning in a bottle , did nothing but try to cherry pick but theory goes sideways when YOU'RE THE CHERRY.

Gsp, a 4 year off the shelf welter, was only willing to fight one middleweight. He hasnt fought since.

I apologize- getting away from topic . I'd put line on fight instead of further opinions.

Prime Franklin - 165
Prime Bisping +145

A fight that either could win and I'm trying to be nice cause I dont see Mike hurting Rich [ prime v prime]but I can see the other way around. FFS, Leites aside, he couldn't hurt CB Dolloway.

For the record, I dont consider Rich a top half dozen 185er of all time ( I'd have to give it some thought .He might land in top 10 but more towards 10).

The Tim Kennedy fight defines ALOT in the way I would label Bisping. I mean that in different ways as I digest his body of work before and after. He was a -180 favorite in that fight ( smack dead in middle of his career) and the fight was one sided.

Flip side of coin - I absolutely love Bisping as an analyst/commentator. I find myself agreeing with alot he has to say ( you can say " who the fuck am I ?"... fair enough)

Never apologize for speaking the truth. Also Bisping got the hometown UK boost when fighting Thales (fight happened in N. Ireland). I thought Thales won.

Tim Kennedy just reinforced what we already knew. Bisping might as well be a Diaz brother when it came to a strong wrestler. (UFC robbed a deaf man to finally get Bisping a win over a wrestler).

During Bisping's prime he alternated wins and losses. I hated Rockhold so much for the longest but as time has proved Luke liked fighting sticking his chin out in the air. At that time, Bisping said he saw that when scouting Rockhold and he said he planned for the KO the entire time. I thought he was just blowing smoke up our asses at that time trying to justify a lucky punch. But now I give Mike all the credit for it.

Last edited:
Dude came out of Team MFS and later the "Ohio" team. Guy was surrounded by wrestlers.

If I have to tell why guys that came out of MFS had good wrestling than you need a history lesson.

lol you dont bring nothing saying that apart from being pretentious af

MFS wrestlers didnt prevent Franklin from getting manhandled like a ragdoll in the clinch and KOed not once but twice by a guy who was a WW just some months before, nor being taken down in the first attempt and mounted by Yushin Okami, another guy who was fighting at WW few months before; all despite the huge weightcut Rich punished his body with

Dont know who surrounded Bisping back then but learned to stop the TDs from a top-notch wrestler in Sonnen fairly well

Ace beats Ping 8/10 times imo. Rich is a better version of Mike with more KO power. Would’ve been a great fight to watch
I doubt it, Mike is much more slick on the feet with great take down defense. I think chael would’ve beaten Franklin as well.

Never apologize for speaking the truth. Also Bisping got the hometown UK boost when fighting Thales (fight happened in N. Ireland). I thought Thales won.

Tim Kennedy just reinforced what we already knew. Bisping might as well be a Diaz brother when it came to a strong wrestler. (UFC robbed a deaf man to finally get Bisping a win over a wrestler).

During Bisping's prime he alternated wins and losses. I hated Rockhold so much for the longest but as time has proved Luke liked fighting sticking his chin out in the air. At that time, Bisping said he saw that when scouting Rockhold and he said he planned for the KO the entire time. I thought he was just blowing smoke up our asses at that time trying to justify a lucky punch. But now I give Mike all the credit for it.
I have given bisping and coach p credit for seeing how wide open Luke left himself open on right side.... enter " left hand larry"( or whatever coin he phrased).

I also forgot all about MH fight .

MFS wrestlers didnt prevent Franklin from getting manhandled like a ragdoll in the clinch and KOed not once but twice by a guy who was a WW just some months before, nor being taken down in the first attempt and mounted by Yushin Okami, another guy who was fighting at WW few months before; all despite the huge weightcut Rich punished his body with

Dont know who surrounded Bisping back then but learned to stop the TDs from a top-notch wrestler in Sonnen fairly well
Franklin beat Okami
Bisping lost to Sonnen ( one of his 0 for 42 contender fights before past it Anderson.....and that wasnt even a contender fight. Chris got hurt. Mike got sympathy call and made most of it )

Prime Franklin - 165
Prime Bisping +145

Lenghty, and biased post indeed
Notice that you hurry up on questioning the outcome in his fight with Leites, labelling him as "BJJ practitioner" - as if he didnt have like 10+ years of mma career on him at that point and had just KOed top10 ranked Carmont with punches...
...but no word at all on the highly questionable outcomes of his fights with Evans and Sonnen, champion and tittle contender respectively.

If you enjoy playing the bias arguing...at least try better, man

Out of 7 TD attempts Chael landed 4 against Bisping including one guard pass and took his back once.

So I don't see what you're getting at.

And who disrespects Okami? He definitely wasn't a WW a few month before. He was a MW fighting AS, Alan Belcher, Jake Shields, and Rory Singer in the 18 months previous to fighting Franklin he was a MW. Why you lying for?

Last edited:
Lenghty, and biased post indeed
Notice that you hurry up on questioning the outcome in his fight with Leites, labelling him as "BJJ practitioner" - as if he didnt have like 10+ years of mma career on him at that point and had just KOed top10 ranked Carmont with punches...
...but no word at all on the highly questionable outcomes of his fights with Evans and Sonnen, champion and tittle contender respectively.

If you enjoy playing the bias arguing...at least try better, man
Evans and Chael were solid 29-28 against Bisping.
Here's a complete breakdown of the Chael fight
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-chael-sonnen-vs-michael-bisping-fight-metric
Chael lands more strikes, TDs and overall control of the fight but you want to call it controversial?

Evans? Put it this way. If Bisping really thought he was robbed he wouldn't have immediately switched his weight class to MW especially after saying he enjoyed fighting at the higher weight classes and beating up "the big boys".

Out of 7 TD attempts Chael landed 4 against Bisping including one guard pass and took his back once.

So I don't see what you're getting at.

And who disrespects Okami? He definitely wasn't a WW a few month before. He was a MW fighting AS, Alan Belcher, Jake Shields, and Rory Singer in the 18 months previous to fighting Franklin he was a MW.

If you pretend that Bisping didnt defend Sonnen's TDs pretty well, when even Chael admitted he thought that had lost the fight...whatever

No disrespect to Okami at all but he was far from the TD artist Sonnen was....and get it right man, Okami fought at WW in his last fight before signing for UFC, exactly one year before facing Franklin.
He fought Shields in a WW bout too, in the ROTR WW tournament. Okami got robbed there by the way.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back