I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

In 2012, this was the closest a fight almost came to fruition.
A prop was even posted . You had to lay 37 $ to win 20$ on Anderson..... which means:
Anderson -185
GSP +165

However when you read all these opinionated gsp fans , youd think it was the other way around. Chael Sonnen was a big mw who fought at 205 ....who for one night - picked up on Lutters blue print and had Anderson on his heels for 4 + rounds. Shit happens. Chael has no heart and had his chance .

I'll say this again. Gsp watched Anderson ascend to 205 and impressively put a vagina on James Irvins face ( inside a few minutes ). Size would've played a role between the 2 and thsts why Anderson was a 2-1 prop bet.

Dont get me wrong- fight still has to be fought and we are talking prime gsp but his fans just have negligible tunnel vision when it comes to Anderson fucking Silva ( prime)

I agree with this but wonder why bringing the Irvin fight...I mean, he is the lesser opponent Silva has faced in UFC. GSP could have beat Irvin as well. Irvin wasn't even a big LHW, capable of making 185; not really bigger than Franklin or even Bisping, but much less skilled.

GSP and Anderson started 2006 fighting in the same division (WW), that same year Silva became MW champion in UFC humilliating a former LHW. I dont think GSP was much interested on moving up himself since then. Irvin fight is irrelevant

Last edited:
that fight didnt interest me much. bisping would have to much speed and cardio for ace. ace would lose a decision. bisping would make sure to stay on the feet peppering him

that fight didnt interest me much. bisping would have to much speed and cardio for ace. ace would lose a decision. bisping would make sure to stay on the feet peppering him

Wonder why you think Franklin could just pepper Bisping on the feet.
Franklin was an underrated striker, and had more power in his hands

Wonder why you think Franklin could just pepper Bisping on the feet.
Franklin was an underrated striker, and had more power in his hands
he sure did but I don't remember him being very quick. I watched bisping dodge and and block a lot of shots most people couldn't. sometimes he does something really dumb like circle into someones power shot but a pretty solid guy. Ace would have to get him down

Rich was better prime for prime N did better vs common opponents

No and no.

Champ with multiple title defences vs career gatekeeper

Close sd loss to hendo vs getting almost killed by hendo

finshed Hamill vs gifted a hometown decision

beat wand twice vs got beat by wand

so unless you’re a total ignoramus the answer is pretty clear

No and no.

Rich being better prime 4 prime I have serious doubts.

But that he did better vs common opponents is undeniable; Henderson, Wand and Hammil are testament of it.
No, Silva 2006 and Silva 2016 is not a common opponent

Champ with multiple title defences vs career gatekeeperr

Lame. Franklin was champion in a cheap MW division. And by cheap I mean literally. UFC wasn't interested in paying Bustamante or Lindland the money they valued and let them go, let alone paying the top MWs who were in Pride. It was cheap, so don't be such an easy customer lol

Anyways Franklin has a strong enough case vs Bisping. No need of that cheap argument

he sure did but I don't remember him being very quick. I watched bisping dodge and and block a lot of shots most people couldn't. sometimes he does something really dumb like circle into someones power shot but a pretty solid guy. Ace would have to get him down

No way Franklin gets Bisping down, much less keep him there.
Bisping was indeed pretty solid but so was Franklin. Michael didn't have a walk in the park with Dollaway, Leites or Wand in standup battles neither, and he took solid punches from them not just the H-Bomb. So Franklin certainly would have a good chamce

Lame. Franklin was champion in a cheap MW division. And by cheap I mean literally. UFC wasn't interested in paying Bustamante or Lindland the money they valued and let them go, let alone paying the top MWs who were in Pride. It was cheap, so don't be such an easy customer lol

Anyways Franklin has a strong enough case vs Bisping. No need of that cheap argument

He was still on a 8 fight win streak with 7 finishes.

you can act like his opponents weren’t that good, but I doubt bisping would be able to pull of something similar.

He beat tanner, quarry n Loiseau

At best bisping goes 2-1 vs those 3 n one of those wins would have to be a hometown decision in uk.

Prime vs prime Franklin was more complete n just better overall fighter

Look I can agree with everything you said. I think he had above average defensive wrestling. His weakness was strong wrestlers. Tim Kennedy to me should not have been able to wrestle fuck Bisping like that.

GSP is a 190 pound guy. Why he suddenly thought that he can make 155 no problem and performance to the expected level astonished me.

I don't doubt he can make 155. How he looks at 155 was an entirely different story. His intestines might have fallen out of his ass in cage.
Yeah- that's pretty much what I said , lol

He beat tanner, quarry n Loiseau

At best bisping goes 2-1 vs those 3 n one of those wins would have to be a hometown decision in uk

"At best", the guy who holds the record for most wins in MW division history. If UFC had the money - and interest - to pay the best MWs around back then, Tanner Quarry and Louiseau would hardly fight for any belt can you understand this or you swallow what UFC sells you without even chew?

Its cool if you want to back up Franklin, but you need to upgrade your repertory a bit. Even me, who would lean to favour Franklin vs Bisping, have a hard time taking you serious lol

I agree with this but wonder why bringing the Irvin fight...I mean, he is the lesser opponent Silva has faced in UFC. GSP could have beat Irvin as well. Irvin wasn't even a big LHW, capable of making 185; not really bigger than Franklin or even Bisping, but much less skilled.

GSP and Anderson started 2006 fighting in the same division (WW), that same year Silva became MW champion in UFC humilliating a former LHW. I dont think GSP was much interested on moving up himself since then. Irvin fight is irrelevant
I dont see ( and never did) Gsp fighting any top tier 185er so how in the fuck,lol, are u so confident hed fight a 205er in James Irvin.

More baseless nonsense from the wonderful world of sherdog.

If u just want to disagree with me LOL ... anytime bro. There levels to this ( sorry, DC).

I dont see ( and never did) Gsp fighting any top tier 185er so how in the fuck,lol, are u so confident hed fight a 205er in James Irvin.

More baseless nonsense from the wonderful world of sherdog.

If u just want to disagree with me LOL ... anytime bro. There levels to this ( sorry, DC).

Wtf I honestly had bit higher concept of you as a poster lol

GSP actually finished Bisping - a former 205lber who gave LHW champ Evans an extremely close fight--who is a tougher opponent than Irvin at 185, 205 or openweight. Irvin fought at 185 too by the way. For a while he just prefered to avoid weight cut and get paid the same... So what? Many fighters did so especially back then. Mike Swick fought at 205 as well. If he stayed there, you could not even imagine GSP beating him? Are you retard?

Regarding the last part of your post...if you was joking cool, if you was even remotely pretending to be serious...again are you retard?

"At best", the guy who holds the record for most wins in MW division history. If UFC had the money - and interest - to pay the best MWs around back then, Tanner Quarry and Louiseau would hardly fight for any belt can you understand this or you swallow what UFC sells you without even chew?

Its cool if you want to back up Franklin, but you need to upgrade your repertory a bit. Even me, who would lean to favour Franklin vs Bisping, have a hard time taking you serious lol
Idk
Bisping is actually older than David.

If Bisping fought David in 2006 (the same year David fought Franklin) everyone would have to favor David. David is fighting Rich Franklin and Evan Tanner while Bisping is fighting Ross Pointon (no wiki) and Josh Haynes (TUF competitor who had 3 fights in the UFC and his UFC record is 0-3)

So Bisping was an up and comer while David was a world contender. I got money on David in 06.

Could 06 Tanner do to Bisping what Kennedy and Chael did to 06 Bisping? That's not an impossible or an outrageous thought.

Wtf I honestly had bit higher concept of you as a poster lol

GSP actually finished Bisping, who is a tougher opponent than Irvin at 185, 205 or openweight. Irvin fought at 185 too by the way. He just preferred to avoid weight cut and get paid the same... So what? Many fighters did so especially back then. Mike Swick fought at 205 as well. If he stayed there, you could not even imagine GSP fighting him? Are you retard?

Regarding the last part of your post...if you was joking cool, if you was even remotely pretending to be serious...are you retard?
Bro - gsp NEVER fought open weight or a top tier middle. I don't think u get the point. There is ZERO history for u to make such a comment . If you were referencing some 205 can in DREAM , I might say " ok- sure gsp "should" be able to handle him.
" should" still being the operative word cause gsp might be the 170 goat but he hasn't fought anyone of relevance [ or not one fighter] outside his weight class. I dont count Bisping cause 48 year old 15th ranked hendo had just actually put it on bisping......again. I dont even know how to put a label on that circu... I mean fight.

* please dont make me bring up his name as far as fighters who have the balls to fight anyone ...any weight .... anytime. I havent brought up his nsme once over 3 threads.
Please.

Idk
Bisping is actually older than David.

If Bisping fought David in 2006 (the same year David fought Franklin) everyone would have to favor David. David is fighting Rich Franklin and Evan Tanner while Bisping is fighting Ross Pointon (no wiki) and Josh Haynes (TUF competitor who had 3 fights in the UFC and his UFC record is 0-3)

So Bisping was an up and comer while David was a world contender. I got money on David in 06.

Could 06 Tanner do to Bisping what Kennedy and Chael did to 06 Bisping? That's not an impossible or an outrageous thought.

Weren't we talking about prime vs prime?

Bro - gsp NEVER fought open weight or a top tier middle. I don't think u get the point. There is ZERO history for u to make such a comment . If you were referencing some 205 can in DREAM , I might say " ok- sure gsp "should" be able to handle him.
" should" still being the operative word cause gsp might be the 170 goat but he hasn't fought anyone of relevance [ or not one fighter] outside his weight class. I dont count Bisping cause 48 year old 15th ranked hendo had just actually put it on bisping......again. I dont even know how to put a label on that circu... I mean fight.

So you dont think GSP "should be able" to handle Irvin, a MW who barely cut weight to make 205 and was not far from a can at any weight, and of course way worse fighter than Bisping.
Its ok
As I said, I expected a higher standard from this debate but it's all cool - bro

So you dont think GSP "should be able" to handle Irvin, a MW who barely cut weight to make 205 and was not far from a can at any weight.
Its ok
As I said, I expected a higher standard from this debate but it's all cool - bro
I dont know what you're referencing in Irvin but the Irvin who fought Silva......let me take u down memory lane with his soundbite before they went to fight :

" I'm going to show Anderson Silva why we have weight classes in the UFC".
Then the world saw what happened. So- there is some embellishing going on in your end with sandman AT THAT TIME.

I have no idea if gsp would beat Irvin.

Back