I wish we could’ve seen Franklin vs Bisping

Lenghty, and biased post indeed
Notice that you hurry up on questioning the outcome in his fight with Leites, labelling him as "BJJ practitioner" - as if he didnt have like 10+ years of mma career on him at that point and had just KOed top10 ranked Carmont with punches...
...but no word at all on the highly questionable outcomes of his fights with Evans and Sonnen, champion and tittle contender respectively.

If you enjoy playing the bias arguing...at least try better, man
Yeah- you got me on the lengthy elite career of Francis Carmont ( Leites) .That was a good version of Leites that Bisping fought but Michael was also a more than mild favorite to beat him .

" highly questionable " and closely contested LOSSES have quite some distance between them.

As far as " bias" goes , I'm not seeing it . I gave an opinion that reads that I think prime rich is ahead of prime bisping but not by any decent margin. You did read my posts ?

My moniker does read Franklin U. so it's easy to cry bias but if I thought prime bisping was better or even, I'd have no problems saying as much.

Evans and Chael were solid 29-28 against Bisping.
Here's a complete breakdown of the Chael fight
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mm...-chael-sonnen-vs-michael-bisping-fight-metric
Chael lands more strikes, TDs and overall control of the fight but you want to call it controversial?

Evans? Put it this way. If Bisping really thought he was robbed he wouldn't have immediately switched his weight class to MW especially after saying he enjoyed fighting at the higher weight classes and beating up "the big boys".
Basically what I just laid out in my last post.

Bisping is tailormade for beating Franklin via elusive pointfighting. Only huge powershots can put him down like Hendersons. But after Luke KO i forgive everything!

I think we can all agree St. Pierre would have destroyed Anderson.

Mike was lighter on his feet and quicker with lateral movements imo. But Ace was better all-round with significantly more power.

Tough call, both underrated guys. I've got Rich beating him 7/10 times though.

pink and brown all day

I think we can all agree St. Pierre would have destroyed Anderson.
tenor.gif

Bisping wins in a war. His cardio, heart, stand up, and takedown defense would make the fight happen where he had a slight edge. Franklin is not KO'ing a prime Bisping. They would fight standing the whole time where Bisping wins a close and bloody war

No just no. If GSP even thought it was 50/50 we would have saw that fight.
In 2012, this was the closest a fight almost came to fruition.
A prop was even posted . You had to lay 37 $ to win 20$ on Anderson..... which means:
Anderson -185
GSP +165

However when you read all these opinionated gsp fans , youd think it was the other way around. Chael Sonnen was a big mw who fought at 205 ....who for one night - picked up on Lutters blue print and had Anderson on his heels for 4 + rounds. Shit happens. Chael has no heart and had his chance .

I'll say this again. Gsp watched Anderson ascend to 205 and impressively put a vagina on James Irvins face ( inside a few minutes ). Size would've played a role between the 2 and thsts why Anderson was a 2-1 prop bet.

Dont get me wrong- fight still has to be fought and we are talking prime gsp but his fans just have negligible tunnel vision when it comes to Anderson fucking Silva ( prime)

I have wathed the fight and also got Sonnen's opinion. I mean just stop
I watched the fight. I scored the fight. The saw the judge's scorecards I agreed with the 2 judges. I bring you a unbiased objective breakdown of the fight. I provide stats.

You bring your opinion and a humble Chael opinion as facts.

Nah bro YOU GOTTA STOP.

Fact is Chael won. It wasn't a robbery or controversial. We get it. You're a Bisping fan. Doesn't mean you get to rewrite history to match the story you want to tell.

In 2012, this was the closest a fight almost came to fruition.
A prop was even posted . You had to lay 37 $ to win 20$ on Anderson..... which means:
Anderson -185
GSP +165

However when you read all these opinionated gsp fans , youd think it was the other way around. Chael Sonnen was a big mw who fought at 205 ....who for one night - picked up on Lutters blue print and had Anderson on his heels for 4 + rounds. Shit happens. Chael has no heart and had his chance .

I'll say this again. Gsp watched Anderson ascend to 205 and impressively put a vagina on James Irvins face ( inside a few minutes ). Size would've played a role between the 2 and thsts why Anderson was a 2-1 prop bet.

Dont get me wrong- fight still has to be fought and we are talking prime gsp but his fans just have negligible tunnel vision when it comes to Anderson fucking Silva ( prime)
Remember when GSP was talking about if he moves to MW he'd have to permanently move to MW?
Then he cherry picks Bisping for the MW title after Woodley beats Maia with 1 shoulder (DW and GSP are in the crowd with a camera crew all ready to confront the winner in cage. This days after GSP gives an interview where he clearly expresses wanting to test himself against Maia on the ground).
He beats Bisping and then says he's obligated to defend.
He get a sickness and says he has to retire.
A few months later is actively campaigning to fight Khabib and wreck his body to make 155 and attempt to ruin another division.

I said all that just to make this point: GSP wanted nothing to do with Silva.

To be fair Silva wanted no part of Jones. There was talk of Silva vs Shogun (btt vs chute boxe rivalry rekindled) for 205 title. AS and Machida were training partners and weren't going to fight. Shogun became champ. Talk was made. Jones killed Shogun and murdered the rest of the division. No more talk about Silva fighting for 205 title.

I watched the fight. I scored the fight. The saw the judge's scorecards I agreed with the 2 judges. I bring you a unbiased objective breakdown of the fight. I provide stats.

You bring your opinion and a humble Chael opinion as facts.

Nah bro YOU GOTTA STOP.

Fact is Chael won. It wasn't a robbery or controversial. We get it. You're a Bisping fan. Doesn't mean you get to rewrite history to match the story you want to tell.

Bisping fan? I mean the guy became champ with just one functional eye KOing the cockiest guy in the sport... only for that you should be a fan as well.

It doesnt make me think he is one of the best MW ever though, I would place him close to Franklin in that rank.

The Sonnen fight, among others, shows he had very good defensive grappling, I would say better than Franklin, for the reasons exposed in my first reply. Franklin had some other strengths though

Last edited:
Remember when GSP was talking about if he moves to MW he'd have to permanently move to MW?
Then he cherry picks Bisping for the MW title after Woodley beats Maia with 1 shoulder (DW and GSP are in the crowd with a camera crew all ready to confront the winner in cage. This days after GSP gives an interview where he clearly expresses wanting to test himself against Maia on the ground).
A few months later is actively campaigning to fight Khabib and wreck his body to make 155 and attempt to ruin another division.

To be fair Silva wanted no part of Jones. There was talk of Silva vs Shogun (btt vs chute boxe rivalry rekindled) for 205 title. AS and Machida were training partners and weren't going to fight. Shogun became champ. Talk was made. Jones killed Shogun and murdered the rest of the division. No more talk about Silva fighting for 205 title.

If Franklin was the champ in 2017...GSP would have moved up to take the belt from him too

I'm convinced gsp was quickly talked out of khabib fight ( because of the UNCERTAINTY of cut....not because he couldn't do it but HIS ACTUAL PERFORMANCE come fight night ).

Days later , Vegas came out with prop at khabib minus an astonishing -400. GSP isnt stupid and we havent heard a peep since.

If Franklin was the champ in 2017...GSP would have moved up to take the belt from him too
Agreed- a 42 year old Franklin wouldve never sniffed belt but if he had- ok gsp wouldve vultured over him too.

Bisping fan? I mean the guy became champ with just one functional eye KOing the cockiest guy in the sport... only for that you should be a fan as well.

It doesnt make me think he is one of the best MW ever though, I would place him close to Franklin in that rank.

The Sonnen fight, among others, shows he had very good defensive grappling, I would say better than Franklin, for the reasons exposed in my first reply. Franklin had some other strengths though
Look I can agree with everything you said. I think he had above average defensive wrestling. His weakness was strong wrestlers. Tim Kennedy to me should not have been able to wrestle fuck Bisping like that.
I'm convinced gsp was quickly talked out of khabib fight ( because of the UNCERTAINTY of cut....not because he couldn't do it but HIS ACTUAL PERFORMANCE come fight night ).

Days later , Vegas came out with prop at khabib minus an astonishing -400. GSP isnt stupid and we havent heard a peep since.
GSP is a 190 pound guy. Why he suddenly thought that he can make 155 no problem and performance to the expected level astonished me.

I don't doubt he can make 155. How he looks at 155 was an entirely different story. His intestines might have fallen out of his ass in cage.

Last edited:
Back